aberdeen-music

I hate mysteries involving me

So, last saturday we got a pizza delivered to our house, but we hadn't ordered it so we politely declined to take it off their hands. Then they phone up insisting that we'd ordered it, as they had our name and address, and the phone number given was ours too. But we were like "nah it's nae us."

That was fair enough - pizzas get delivered to houses all the time for "a laugh". Then yesterday, this comes through the door:

postcard.jpg

And now I'm absolutely baffled.

I don't suppose by ANY chance that anyone recognises the handwriting or anything?

It looks like a rather poor PR stunt by a new 'band' called "Wild".

They do crap 'classical' music in a glamorous girly style, including a version of Jeff Wayne's "Eve of the War".

I imagine the record company are sending out random pizza orders or something. Poor attempt at Viral Marketing.

What company did the pizza come from?

It looks like a rather poor PR stunt by a new 'band' called "Wild".

They do crap 'classical' music in a glamorous girly style' date=' including a version of Jeff Wayne's "Eve of the War".

I imagine the record company are sending out random pizza orders or something. Poor attempt at Viral Marketing.

What company did the pizza come from?[/quote']

See that's what I initially thought, I thought I'd signed up for something on Friday night and just completely forgotten about it or something. But even I'm not stupid enough to give out my address and phone number to a complete random. And even if I was that stupid, I'd have been stupid enough to also give them my postcode, which is missing. And the fact it's hand written makes me suspect a big pisstake.

Whoever it is wasted a first class stamp though!

Guest tv tanned
This thread has fulfilled it's point' date=' so it should of course be locked now.[/quote']

No, you have to explain how you solved the mystery.

Then, you have to inform us that it was no ghost, pull the mask off and exclaim in a shocked fashion that it was old Mr Richards who owns the abandoned fairground.

Then you can lock the damned thread!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Then' date=' you have to inform us that it was no ghost, pull the mask off and exclaim in a shocked fashion that it was old Mr Richards who owns the abandoned fairground.

[/quote']

And he would have got away with it, if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Mat has a dog o_O wow.

i would of taken the pizza and eaten it all. then once i got the secret note' date=' put one on my front door say "nope it was shit! next time it's pepparoni and extra cheese!"[/quote']

Well as it turns out, it was a meat feast. The most "exciting" pizza I go for is a chicken feast. So it's just as well we didn't take it.

Mr Tanned, how I explained the mystery is I summoned everyone I knew into the drawing room and produced examples of each's handwriting that I had cunningly procured by asking them all to sign up for a competition (the nature of the competition is not important). I then used the little grey cells and matched the handwriting as my associate The Sherriff.

Naturally I then greased my moustache.