aberdeen-music

Bass Guitar Wireless systems

Inkster

I'm looking for bass guitar wireless systems but can only seem to find one specific for bass at soundslive but costs 169 which I don't want to pay. I'm looking for something in the 7-100 range.Can you buy guitar systems but use them for bass? Maybe a silly question but one I need to ask.

Why anyone that is playing in small venues would need a wireless system is beyond me. Apologies if you are playing in stadia around the globe where it would actually be useful.

surely playin in clubs it does have its uses. like if play in rather big band situation where having wires everywhere is not really sensible or if energetic band jumping everywhere and chances leads can come out from the amp. surely then its suitable for club use

Why anyone that is playing in small venues would need a wireless system is beyond me. Apologies if you are playing in stadia around the globe where it would actually be useful.

It's useful in smaller venues as Stephen said, to stop loads of wires being all over the place or if you want to wander further than your leads permit obviously.

Doesn't really take a genious to work out the reasons why really.

surely playin in clubs it does have its uses. like if play in rather big band situation where having wires everywhere is not really sensible or if energetic band jumping everywhere and chances leads can come out from the amp. surely then its suitable for club use

The man has a point, if you plan on spinning round in the same direction for ages and not spinning back the other way it does get tricky. Lead-not-tastic!

• 5 months later...
Guest five years

exactly because it's a small cramped venue is why i use a wireless...myself i only need 2 cables' date=' one from guitar to tuner and tuner to amp, but both the guitarists have multiple cables and channel pedals etc. makes a nightmare on stage, [b']plus the vocal miclead goes everywhere with the singer too. as we all move around during the set, we've got really tangled a few times, too much to untangle during the set!!

exactly because it's a small cramped venue is why i use a wireless...myself i only need 2 cables' date=' one from guitar to tuner and tuner to amp, but both the guitarists have multiple cables and channel pedals etc. makes a nightmare on stage, [b']plus the vocal miclead goes everywhere with the singer too. as we all move around during the set, we've got really tangled a few times, too much to untangle during the set!!

Andy...Alex has nailed it here mate...I see your point of view but next time you see a weapon show youll see why its a fucking godsend. I really hate it when any of weapon decide not to use their wireless system.

I just bought a wireless system for my bass, It's an AKG and sounds cool but it only cost me 100 seems to be working well and its nice to have my freedom back - I've spent too many years with cables wrapped round my legs. I used to have a 80' cable so I could run about/arse about/go to the bar while gigging but that much cable is heavy and my wireless thing weighs nothing so thats all peachy! I'm sure I could find out where I got it from if you like?

Wireless systems cost money, thats all there is to it I'm afraid.

I still say I wouldn't like to buy anything cheaper than a Sennheiser EW100 system. They go for about £300, probably less if you're going for the beltpack system. Seriously, when you start buying things that are just dirt cheap, thats what you get.

Alright, for mucking about and if you dont really care that much about having hiss between songs from your amp, higher possibility of cutouts-interferance etc and you dont care if it fails or breaks then fine, go for something cheap. If you want a good piece of kit you can use/abuse steady and rely on theres no excuse for that budget. I mean, what did you spend on your guitar/amp?