aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Battle of the (drunk and homeless) Buskers?

slinkmasif

Theres no doubt Aberdeen has a fine collection of buskers on almost every street corner. I must say, i've seen some of these guys wailing out at the tops of their lungs and they do a mighty fine job... especially the drunk homeless guys (the dude outside the kebab shop across from Kef is my favourite) Anyway... i was inspired by these guys and i thought it would be an interesting idea to have a Battle of the Buskers competetion. Rules could be they must be homeless and drunk and they must only use 1 mic and their instrument of choice. They could play 4 or 5 tunes and could win a cash prize or a haircut or summit. I would sure as hell pay to see that. It would be a darn good money maker and it gives something for those dudes to do. Could maybe have a showcase once a month at Drummonds or somewhere similar. I wouldn't be suprised if these guys could give the local 'scene' a run for their money. A Star could be Born. :cheers:

haha sounds like a great idea. Theres a guy ive seen wandering around that plays great. Hes been outside burger king a few times. He would win. I told him to play some floyd, and he told me to name any song, and he would play it. I thought of a (vaguely) obscure one, and the bugger played it for me, singing and all. Earned him a quid! Love him.

hes got a very thin face, wears a hat, is usually pissed (or at least seems so).

haha sounds like a great idea. Theres a guy ive seen wandering around that plays great. Hes been outside burger king a few times. He would win. I told him to play some floyd' date=' and he told me to name any song, and he would play it. I thought of a (vaguely) obscure one, and the bugger played it for me, singing and all. Earned him a quid! Love him.

hes got a very thin face, wears a hat, is usually pissed (or at least seems so).[/quote']

Only a quid!!?

i hate to be a cynic, but i'd love to see how they would spend the money.. drugs? alcohol? a new dog?

*i know a lot of the homeless are there for really saddening reasons, but the majority are there due to their yukky habits*

sorry if this causes offence.

"make their day"

Could you try and sound anymore high and mighty?

Could you imagine the mockery they'd get from the audience? The abuse? The jeering?

Could you guarantee that not a single member of the audience would give them hassle?

Why not just to a charity event' date=' or go to the fucking circus?[/quote']

fair point. im not trying to sound superior to these guys... just thinking of something fun for them to do. and everyone who plays a gig in Aberdeen gets abuse from the audience no matter who they are. It doesn't have to be about charity... just a few buskers playing on a stage instead of a kerb... thats all.

Guest Cowboy Dan
i hate to be a cynic' date=' but i'd love to see how they would spend the money.. drugs? alcohol? a new dog?

*i know a lot of the homeless are there for really saddening reasons, but the majority are there due to their yukky habits*

sorry if this causes offence.[/quote']

To be fair, if most non-homeless young people won money they'd spend it on drugs and alcohol.

but surely it'd be making a mockerey of them? 'oh look they're homeless, lets go watch them play to win'..

and in answer to Cowboy Dan, yes a lot of people who got money would spend it on drugs and alcohol, but surely the homeless should be helped into finding a stable home and environment, without them going round and round their vicious cycle of alcoholism? no?

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

plus we could get them to amputate insignificant body parts like thumbs for even smaller sums of money.

Everyone loves to see a nasty cut!

seriously though, this is just as shit as bum fights and those involved would probably face jail time for it.