Top 5 best and worst vocalists??

Larsen B

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think the stone roses are one of the best british bands ever?? lol
Correct. And?

I would agree too but Ian Brown isn't a great singer, the Stone Roses were the sum of there parts, each member brought something to the table to make them the great band they most certainly are.

Took me 10 years to appreciate the Stone Roses and there debut is certainly one of the greatest british albums of all time.

Guest bluesxman
I would agree too but Ian Brown isn't a great singer' date=' the Stone Roses were the sum of there parts, each member brought something to the table to make them the great band they most certainly are.

[/quote']

Correct mate, and my post up there somewhere ^^^^^ said that although he isn't a great singer it's more to do with his legacy as one of the Stone Roses.

I don't think the Stone Roses would be cited as influences by quite so many bands and have tribute bands making sound business if they hadn't been an important part of the British music scene.....

• 1 year later...

kenny from the 44s has mega skills!

my faves:

- chris robinson: awesome, shocked he's not been mentioned. listen to 'she talks to angels' if proof is needed

- india arie: sweet

- david ruffin: the opening line on 'ain't too proud to be' is the bollocks

- larry guild: he breaks your heart (myspace.com/lguild)

- big daddy kane: because his delivery is smooth as fuck.

- phil anselmo: as has been said - CFH is awesome

those i don't like

- perry farrel: his voice annoys me to the max!

- dude from dream theater: oh dear!

i can't think of anything apart from how annoying these two are!

/x

Good:

*Mike Patton: Pretty obvious I was gonna go for him really. I've loved basically everything he's been involved with' date=' he can rap, sing, scream, make burbly noises better than your local lunatic and does it all while looking good. I can't enthuse about his voice enough.

*Chris Cornell: Sky-scraping vocals. Again I just love the guy's voice.

*Katie Jane-Garside (Queen Adreena): Never have I heard a woman scream like this [quiet smutmasters.'] Her voice holds up well live and I love the little-girl-lost vocals going into thunderous I-shall-have-your-testicles-as-an-unattractive-necklace thang.

*Jessicka (Jack Off Jill): See above basically. Although I haven't seen her live.

*Guy McKnight (The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster): Another one for great versatility which he can do live as well. Love his vocals - I'm not even offended when he screams that he wants to make sweet love to my mother. Or words to that effect.

I'm sure I've missed someone out. Someone that should be replacing Cornell...give me time...

Good call on Jessicka, I'd forgotten about her :up: By all accounts she was amazing live with JoJ, I'm gutted that I didn't get to see them. Shame that the songs that she does with Scarling mean she uses a more normal voice and doesn't sing songs called things like 'Cumdumpster' anymore :)

Gruff Rhys, Brad Roberts from Crash Test Dummies, Dennis Lyxzén from Refused, Ry Cooder and I've got to agree with Maxi on Nick Drake. All awesome.

There are a bundle of vocalists I hate, but standout ones would be Dallas Green, Yoko Ono and although not godwaful, the guy from Rufio ruins things a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Dallas Green.

o_O

Favourite rather than best:

Thom Yorke

Jay Forrest (Hopesfall)

Ben Folds

Dustin Kensure (Thrice)

Daryl Palumbo (Glassjaw/Head Automatica)

I'm not gonna do a worst I'm gonna do ones who don't sing much or who don't sing:

Jacob Bannon

Jesse Trevert (Ex-Misery Signals)

Brandon Schiapatti (Bleeding Through)

NOT JAMEY FUCKING JASTA