aberdeen-music

Harry Potter (and spoilers and all that)

Bodast

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I thought it was a bitty rushed. It certainly wasnt as good as the other ones... she tried to be "sneaky" and give clues such as Moaning Myrtle and this boy...well duh it was going to be Malfoy! This book just seems to be a big "i told you so" on Harrys behalf...and the whole I AM THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE thing wasnt as great a scene i thought it would be. Personally I think that JK Rowling kills folk unneccesarily, I mean, why did Sirius have to die? Dumbledor? Obviously she has her reasons and I wont understand until the last book, but you really want to slap her for them!

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
Are Ron and Hermione finally going to get together??

Page 92: Hermione gets jealous when Ron is talking about Fleur Delacour.

Page 207: Hermione says that Harry is more fanciable because he's taller. Ron proclaims' date=' "I'm tall."

Page 233: Ron is looking for Madam Rosmerta, and Hermione gets jealous again, employing a 'waspish' tone!

I think something's definitely going on. :)[/quote']

I hear the next book will be a reflection of Harry's early days as a rapist and repeated prison escapist.

Guest tv tanned

after finally finishing the book last night (Louise read it first, buyer's prerogative) I can safely say I was impressed. The scene dealing with the build up to Dumbledore's death was awesome, just superb tension building, and then the sudden twist!

I must say, I'm not entirely convinced by this entire 'Snape was really doing what Dumbledore asked of him'.

Even if he was, the only two people who could possibly vouch for it are Dumbledore and Snape, so now that Dumbledore is dead, is Harry really going to believe Snape if he tells him that was what happened?!?

Although Snape's continued insistience that he was not a coward...

Nah, I don't buy it.

R.A.B

regulus aiahoishaoidhaoi black?

Nah, it'll be Rab C Nesbit. He'll try to cadge some smokes from Voldemort, then take him out drinking. Finally killing him off using a bottle of buckfast and a kebab from Mohammads all night deli.

Book 7 will be called Rab and the magical beer scooter or Rab and the magical beer googles where he pulls McGonigal after a night of drinking butterbeer.

Pete

i thought throughout the whole book that it was harry that malfoy and snape would have to kill. i totaly didnt think of snape as the half blood prince. i kept thinking it would be voldemort and that the book would be another horcruxes. but man killing dumbledore!!!!! noooooo. i dont know if its cause im getting older. but i didnt feel as sucked in. it didnt feel like that long a book at all. compared to the others from when i remember reading them.

and i agree with someone that the book will be a bit crap if they dont go back to school. but thats just cause i miss when it was all fun and they were just little. when it kept mentioning first years i was like oo go focus on one of them and start again now. i dont like how theres only one book left. i hope its like 2000 words long.

The whole book pretty much does all it can to convince you that Snape is evil, and that it's as simple as that, but he does seem to actually get angry with Harry at the end, rather than his usual fippant self. This might indicate the whole 'Dumbledore asking to be killed' thing...

I don't know how Rowling is possibly going to tie it all up in just one book (4 Horcruxes still to find..?!) and in books this usual means something crazy will happen...so Harry will probably end up dead. Only a few years to wait...

Oh yeah, and it was me. I took the Horcrux. :cheers:

R.A.B

regulus aiahoishaoidhaoi black?

I hadn't thought of him before you said it, but I'm pretty sure you're right. Read the part of Order of the Phoenix where Harry and the others were cleaning out the house of Black...when they were cleaning out the cabinet of dark objects there was one heavy gold locket that they couldn't open. If Regulus had taken the locket he could have hidden it in his house, but that means that its now been chucked out... either that or Kreacher stole it or Mundungus sold it

I hadn't thought of him before you said it' date=' but I'm pretty sure you're right. Read the part of Order of the Phoenix where Harry and the others were cleaning out the house of Black...when they were cleaning out the cabinet of dark objects there was one heavy gold locket that they couldn't open. If Regulus had taken the locket he could have hidden it in his house, but that means that its now been chucked out... either that or Kreacher stole it or Mundungus sold it[/quote']

id just read that bit and thought... ooo a locket. nah cant be the same one. cause they just threw it out. if it had stayed in the house it would be perfect.

Guest Logan

Bloody good read it is. Albeit not as good as book 5!

I found myself being bored at some points and was only excited when it came time for Harry and Dumbledore's Special Lessons, or when Harry used the Half Blood Prince's book. Perhaps bored isn't the right word, maybe I just wanted it to be over so I knew the whole story!

Snape was wasn't that obvious at being the HBP. The whole book being 50 years old thing put me right off. Before I'd read the book I thought it might of been Hagrid, but after reading that it was about a book and that the person was smart that theory got chucked out the window! But it made sense in the end.

To be honest, I'm not all that convinced that Sirius is dead. I'm sure there's a way he can come back. As for Dumbledore, I thought he too would come back to life, but seeing as they've now buried him, I doubt that will happpen. Maybe he'll come back as a portrait, I seem to remember reading that one had appeared in the Headmasters Office for him. Perhaps he can be a sort of Obi-Wan character to Harry.

Snape. Is he or isn't he? You can make a good arguement about it either way. I'd like to believe that he was good all along, but you never know with JK.

I'm currently re-reading all the books again to give me a better idea on what to expect from the 7th book, see if there's any clues in there, things I might have missed first time through.

Guest tv tanned

It would be a bit weird for her to spend book after book convincing us Snape was bad and then making him good, to then spend two and a half books convincing us he was good and then making him bad!!!

But I can't see how he can possibly be explained away!

Guest Logan
It would be a bit weird for her to spend book after book convincing us Snape was bad and then making him good' date=' to then spend two and a half books convincing us he was good and then making him bad!!! [/quote']

I have no idea what the fuck you just said....o_O

• 2 weeks later...

That was heavily implied in the book. A bit too obvious for Rowling I think. Also the idea that Voldermort intended to make Harry a horcrux is pretty stupid when you think about what Voldermort is trying to do to the boy. I'm secretly hoping that Voldermort wins and the ending of the book is filled with bloodlust and dangling people upside down by their toes.

I was convinced that Voldermort was the Half Blood Pricne and gasped when i found out it was Snape. Of course Snape had to kill Dumbledore in order to save his own life. It was obvious that Malfoy didn't really have it in him to kill him.

I can't remember much of the 5th book, partticularly the end, so the whole prophecy thing was lost on me, and it took me a while to remeber who was Tonks and that Mundungnus guy.

Pretty disappointing that they aren't returning to Hogwarts. I find it hard to believe that Hermionie is willing to miss out on gaining her N.E.W.T.S to help wee Harry.

I hope she shags Ron.

Guest tv tanned

i don't think the book can have a happy ending.

Clearly Harry will find out he has to sacrifice himself or something in order to kill Voldemort.

Whatever, expect sadness.