aberdeen-music

Iraq: please leave?

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest Zeenat Aman

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050713/afp/050713110028top.html

This has really got to stop...

In my opinion, the UK/US shouldn't even be there now(perhaps they shouldn't have been there at all, knee jerk reaction to 9/11 and all that). Their questionable job is done, they got Saddam, get the fuck out!!!

Another thing, sadly all the news here focuses on the UK bombings, whilst in Iraq/Israel etc it's happening every day.

:(;(

Someone please kill George Bush asap... he deserves it. :swearing:

Fucking terrible. Although the recent attacks in London were terrible, Iraq gets the equivalent most days. I bet this will hardly be mentioned on the news though.

I would respect Bush more if he "Dealt" with Mugawbe, people say that that is wishful thinking, fuck that, Bush wouldnt dare. Yeah, great job you are doing in Iraq, murdering cunt

*yep, i feel strongly about this*

They say it's not nice to be racist or prejudge because of race. But isn't this whole war racist - on both sides in a way? They tell us to welcome these people in our country. Then the minority who decide that it would be a good idea to blow up themselves and innocent people who are minding there own business. I kinda find it hard not to prejudge because let's be honest you can't really tell who is a suicide bomber and who isn't. I actually got on a plane in February down at Luton where take off was delayed because they had someones luggage onboard who hadn't boarded the plane. Five minutes later, this asian guy boards the plane on his own and I nearly fucking shat myself.

They say it's not nice to be racist or prejudge because of race. But isn't this whole war racist - on both sides in a way? They tell us to welcome these people in our country. Then the minority who decide that it would be a good idea to blow up themselves and innocent people who are minding there own business. I kinda find it hard not to prejudge because let's be honest you can't really tell who is a suicide bomber and who isn't. I actually got on a plane in February down at Luton where take off was delayed because they had someones luggage onboard who hadn't boarded the plane. Five minutes later' date=' this asian guy boards the plane on his own and I nearly fucking shat myself.[/quote']

= "I'm not a racist, but..."

In my opinion' date=' the UK/US shouldn't even be there now(perhaps they shouldn't have been there at all, knee jerk reaction to 9/11 and all that). Their questionable job is done, they got Saddam, get the fuck out!!!

Another thing, sadly all the news here focuses on the UK bombings, whilst in Iraq/Israel etc it's happening every day.

Someone please kill George Bush asap... he deserves it. :swearing:[/quote']

I agree that we should never have gone in the first place, but tell those stupid fuckers to get a fucking life and stop blowing people up! I mean for fake sake, murdering innocent children to get at enemy soldiers is unforgiveable. But I guess the trouble would die down if our troops would just get the fuck out....

Closing thoughts:

Terrorists, Iraqi - Get a Fucking Life

Terrorists, American (what? that's what they are!) - Get a fucking brain

George Bush and Tony Blair - Get tae fuck!

Andy

They say it's not nice to be racist or prejudge because of race. But isn't this whole war racist - on both sides in a way? They tell us to welcome these people in our country. Then the minority who decide that it would be a good idea to blow up themselves and innocent people who are minding there own business. I kinda find it hard not to prejudge because let's be honest you can't really tell who is a suicide bomber and who isn't. I actually got on a plane in February down at Luton where take off was delayed because they had someones luggage onboard who hadn't boarded the plane. Five minutes later' date=' this asian guy boards the plane on his own and I nearly fucking shat myself.[/quote']

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050713/ts_alt_afp/usattacksarrest_050713220813

Some people are fucked up regardless of race, colour or creed. Problem is, that facists try and exploit that to create and propagate divisions between races to further their own ends.

remember Timothy McVeigh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh ?........ or the IRA?

oh no, thats right, it's only the damn ragheads who blow up us good standing white folks.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050713/ts_alt_afp/usattacksarrest_050713220813

Some people are fucked up regardless of race' date=' colour or creed. Problem is, that facists try and exploit that to create and propagate divisions between races to further their own ends.

remember Timothy McVeigh [url']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh ?........ or the IRA?

oh no, thats right, it's only the damn ragheads who blow up us good standing white folks.

That's a fair point. London isn't a stranger to terrorists. I agree that the most powerful countries should stand side by side in the war on terrorists, but at the same time i believe that if Iraq didn't have these so called wepons of mass destruction we should have just let them be. There are many more countries around the world with corrupt governments and mass murder but we don't camp in their backyards. Bush just wants to make daddy proud by achieving what he failed to do. I say we get the fuck out of Iraq and look for Bin Laden.

Please expand Mr Tristen

I'm not gonna go into wether they have a right to be there or not, the topic is wether we should pull out. What do you think will happen if the troops pull out? Really? All the Iraqis will throw a big street party, elect a president and live happily ever after in a utopian paradise?

The troops stationed there may be an 'evil', but in this case they are the lesser of two evils. There is no solution for Iraq at the moment. Maybe thats Americas fault, maybe its Saddams or more likely its a combination of millions of factors over hundreds of years, whatever the reasoning at this stage we'd be doing no favours by leaving. You have to remember there are dozens of well armed factions all trying to gain power. The fall of Saddam's regime left many small armys in the hands of various generals, many of whom seem to have ambitions of power themselves. It is my feeling that if we left, within a week the gouverment would be assassinated/executed/exiled/etc, a civil war would begin, and in the long run the people of Iraq would find themselves in a far worse state. Say what you like for the American troops being there, they are a stop gap preventing the place from falling apart at the seams.

I too want to see America live up to its late promise and leave Iraq alone after overthrowing the Saddam regime, but at this stage it would only further compound the wests crimes to take the dog away and leave the chicken coup open to foxes. I too, as a pro-war originally am very disapointed that we have not lived up to our goals in Iraq, and my confidence in the powers that be has taken a dent, but I will not support compounding one mistake with another.

Anyway, personaly opinion, and that of a few people I know that have actually seen things for themselves out there, but as usual I'm sure this topic will be a touchy one with many different sides.

Atleast we can agree that we just want to see the Iraqi people stop suffering.

Guest Neubeatz

Race and religion do not actually exist in reality, they are merely figments of the imagination of those who percieve them.

We are all the same, any one of us could be suicide murderers.

Race and religion do not actually exist in reality' date=' they are merely figments of the imagination of those who percieve them.

We are all the same, any one of us could be suicide murderers.[/quote']

i agree with everything apart from 'any one of us could be suicide murderers'..

race and religion should not be spied at for being the cause of such destruction, however, different cultures could be the cause?! we weren't brought up in a country of war, they were, therefore that is part of their culture, and it shows them that maybe causing havoc is the only way to go about life??

just a thought. like an after-dinner mint.

In my opinion' date=' the UK/US shouldn't even be there now(perhaps they shouldn't have been there at all, knee jerk reaction to 9/11 and all that). Their questionable job is done, they got Saddam, get the fuck out!!!

Someone please kill George Bush asap... he deserves it. :swearing:[/quote']

but the problem is if america and britain leave then theirs a chance the rebels will take over the country and a new dictator will take power meaning britain and america are back to square one again

race and religion should not be spied at for being the cause of such destruction' date=' however, different cultures could be the cause?! we weren't brought up in a country of war, they were, therefore that is part of their culture, and it shows them that maybe causing havoc is the only way to go about life??.[/quote']

Who's 'they'? People from Yorkshire?

seeing as this 'thread' is about IRAQ' date=' i thought people might be able to put 2 and 2 together, and just maybe come up with 4??? obviously not..[/quote']

I was commenting on your 'where they're brought up' theory. The suicide bombers who just hit London are believed to be British nationals, from Yorkshire.