aberdeen-music

How was your TITP???

Larsen B

Maaaaan

Thank fuck for the hospitality area, sanctuary amid the chaos! Thought the lay out was pretty dreadful and getting in was a friken nightmare both days... "can we fast track through here with our equipment?" ""No you have to walk all the way around the site with that ticket and pass..." "aaaaaaaaaarrrrgggg" Shouldn't gripe though...

By far, and not a biased opinion because I didn't enjoy our set that much, the best sound and nicest most helpful crew, was the T Break Tent, fucking loud and spot on, maybe the size of the tent and all that, I was blown away Sunday night by 'The Very. immense noise for one guitar and drums. As ever, the unexpected is always a treat. The best bits for me are the inside of the big blue tents! I could stand and look at that spectacle for hours!

Had to laff at the amount of people I saw leaping the perimeter fence. One lass nearly broke her neck in her haste then her boyfrind had to go back for her bag!

I also found myself in the camp site after on the Sunday night... It's like a fucking alternate universe!!!

:D

Anyway(outrageous plug coming up) come see 'staccato set' play better this Saturday at the The Tunnels!!!!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bad layout really became apparent when me and the missus tried to leave the area of the nme stage just as the kaiser cheifs were coming on. geniunely scary, if anyone had fallen then they'd have been trampled for sure and we weren't even that close as we'd just went over there to use the toilets.

i had a great time - saw lots of bands I've never seen before.

Saturday I went to see - half of Jimmy Eat World (crowd were rubbISH, some of the Futureheads , Suzanne Vaga (brilliant voice), Allergo (great performace, really tight, fantastic). half of the Magic Numbers (sounded amazing, great crowd and they looked like they loved it) Battle (amazing, band of the day for me - can't wait to see them in August at Moshulu), Envelopes (were alright - can't remeber too much about them though)

Sunday I went to see Bloc Party (sound was awful and they looked rather lost on stage which was a shame), The Subways (only saw the last song but they sounded utterly amazing, really wish I'd seen the whole set) Your Code Name is Milo - good stuff The Dears - great sound. The Go! Team - amazing front woman, amazing crowd reaction, fantastic sound, utterly brilliant music, really enjoyed them - band of the day for me

Art Brut - great band but couldn't hear half of the vocals. Much better than i was expecting. Duels - heard great things about them and they lived up to their reputation, great band.

All in all, a great weekend but now I feel I have to buy loads of CDs.....oh well....

Edit - yeah I agree that the layout was pretty bad...but Ross and I spent most of out time near the Xtent and The Futures Tent so it wasn't too bad for us.

I also agree about the Hospitality area - thank god for the flushing clean toilets and the small queues for food and drink and having somewhere clean you could sit without lots of empty bottles.

the bad layout really became apparent when me and the missus tried to leave the area of the nme stage just as the kaiser cheifs were coming on. geniunely scary' date=' if anyone had fallen then they'd have been trampled for sure and we weren't even that close as we'd just went over there to use the toilets.[/quote']

Yeah! I was sitting pretty far back because my friends wanted to see the Kaiser Chiefs, and it got very busy before and during the Bravery, but after that it was just crazy, I got sick of being kicked about so I got up and left (with difficulty)..

I kind of tanned on my arms but my front and shoulders got very very burnt (through spf 25 and 4 stars of uva protection? Unless it was on the Friday .. :down: )

fucking ace time! id say all bands i saw put in 110% and i could totally tell, esp. smaller bands, its just great to see them having a great time!!!!!

anyhoo, saw the first 2 songs of greenday but buggered off to see prodigy, but anyone else notice greendays stage set was shockingly similar to the Nazi/Hitler stageset when he did speaches. Eg massive greenday sign = Nazi swastika, armbands = armbands, HUGE drapes = HUGE nazi drapes.....the list goes on but i thought that was quite low and sad of them to do that.....

other than that very pleased i went and in process of buying tickets for next year....'gonna be amazin......"

Very sore today.........

Saturday - Alabama 3, Audioslave, Futureheads, Brendan Benson, Super Furries (My highlight of the whole weekend)

Sunday - Eagles of Death Metal, Sons & Daughters, Snoop, Bright Eyes, Malcolm Middleton, Interpol, wee bit of Green Day, Prodigy.

Would have liked to have seen Pete Townshend's little cameo with his bird as well.

The best band for me was The Magic Numbers. You could tell that must be the best show they've ever played. The crowd reaction for them was crazy. Did no one else see them?

Totally agree, they were amazing, def one of the highlights of the weekend and whoever didn't see them missed out.

My highlights were maximo park, the magic numbers, audioslave, futureheads, foo fighters although some guy gave me a power bomb when i was crowd surfing during the foos which really really hurt.

The others, Bloc Party and ian brown - went absolutely crazy when he played she bangs the drums.

I managed to see so many bands over the weekend.

Did anyone else break into the arena on sunday night and end up on the main stage?

Guest bluesxman
Would have liked to have seen Pete Townshend's little cameo with his bird as well.

We wandered past the main stage when he came on - cool to see him in the flesh but the music was dire and he did nothing to make it more exciting - so you missed nowt!

My highlights were maximo park' date=' the magic numbers, audioslave, futureheads, foo fighters although some guy gave me a[b'] power bomb when i was crowd surfing during the foos which really really hurt.

The others, Bloc Party and ian brown - went absolutely crazy when he played she bangs the drums.

I managed to see so many bands over the weekend.

Did anyone else break into the arena on sunday night and end up on the main stage?

God I'd love to see that!

I never knew there was a hospitality area! What was it all about?!!

Guest neil ex

Highlights included Aberfeldy, Sluts of Trust, Miss Kitten, LCD Soundsystem, Super Furry Animals, Bright Eyes, Snoop Dogg, PRODIGY and our dances in the Ceilidh tent.. The Slam tent wasn't LOUD enough though..!

I enjoyed myself, being my first T and all. Saturday was probably on the whole a more balanced day in terms of quality of artist. DFA 1979 I liked, enough to buy a record despite the hideous sound quality. Maximo Park were fine, Cosmic Rough Riders provided some classic songwriting in the midst of a wadge of new wave, Audioslave sucked sweaty fudged up balls, Editors and Rilo Kiley were ficking electric in a virtually empty Futures tent, but New Order were rubbish. They had to be seen but pissed all over Joy Division by their terrible modernistic attempts (with the exception of "She's Lost Control"). "Regret" was good though.

Sunday was a little more patchy, highlights including a strong set from the Departure while the rest of the crew were at the Faint, Sons and Daughters, and Echo and the Bunnymen. Managed to get right to the barrier for Interpol who did not let me down, looking and sounding majestic. Rounded it off with the Tears, who performed well in front of a minniscule crowd. Brett Anderson definitely a contender for frontman of the weekend.

OK, so what was everyone's track of the weekend?

Shortlist: Interpol - Not Even Jail, Maximo Park - Going Missing, Editors - Blood, that one by Rilo Kiley (haha), Echo and the Bunnymen - The Cutter

twas grand weekend thats for sure. some great acts seen:

Saturday

DFA 1979 - Great start to weekend. mushy sound wise but could def get the jist of it. 2 piece madness

Battle - Tight as....will be great at moshulu and will be reasonably big soon im sure

Joss Stone - Great vocally and backing band were top notch but struck wrong chord with me due to storming about like she had the credibility of someone much bigger than herself

Audioslave - Suitabley unimpressed. sounded weak. cornells vocals were shot. rage covers nae bad. left as the bulls medly was ending.

Rooster - Bit of surprise. Good pop rock. Come on leaps and bounds since saw em last october in moshulu. kinda impressed :O

Jimmy Eat World - Suffered from piss sound. Played well though and Jim and Tim seemed on fine form belting out the classics.

The Killers - Crazy amount of people watching them dot com. Watched from a far. Laughed when large amount left after mr brightside. Finisher all these things..... was best song of set

El Presidente - Another shock. Soopa set. Scottish and proud. Great festival band. Just having fun and belting out some indie pop classics along the way

Editors - Woooooo loved em. Munich was top. Another will be big soon.

New Order - Delightful. Dont see why you fuckers have slated em (not lookin at anyone in particular :p) but man loved it. Joined by Brandon Flowers for crystal too. Nice touch be he seemd over awed by occassion. True Faith brought a smile. Love Will.....great singalong.......Blue Monday...Nuff said. great stuff

Sunday

Biffy Clyro - usual biffy. tight as. good strong set. crowd lapped it up. nice way to kick off the day

Nine Black Alps - Good trashy indie. almost nirvana type sound ala bleach era in some of stuff. well liked over here. moshulu gig will be attended

Eagles Of Death Metal - entertaining for comedy value if nothing else....."so lets here it for the ladies"

yourcodenameis:milo - a pleasure to watch. 30 min set flew by too quick

KT Tunstall - guilty pleasure right there. almost went saw bravery but opted for this instead and glad. she is great singer and has great banter too. looked very pretty with ickle kilt on too. coulda done without view of bass players arse afterwards tho

Bright Eyes - Flew through great set. opened with lover......brought hairs on neck up. played big set of digital ash stuff then finished with first day....great set. minimal talk (for obvious reason im sure) and just let music do that for him. festival highlight

Bloc Party - good but slightly lost. kinda wisht had saw subways with amy instead must say. crowd annoyedme with much throwing of pints. still ok but not much more than that

Green Day - Great stuff. what a finish. lotsa typical bater but lapted up by crowd very well. Billy Joe couldnt put foot wrong all night. ....wednesday....tribute to london bombings was nice touch also

great weekend spent there. well enjoyed.

songs of weekend

true faith - new order

when september ends - green day

munich - editors

first day... - bright eyes

top tracks of the weekend:

the futureheads - decent days and nights(if only for the mass "woo" near the end, though hounds of love was great as well)

queens of the stone age - no one knows

audioslave - killing in the name

new order - love will tear us apart (a good run through, and the closest i'll ever get to seeing joy division do it)

green day - basket case

interpol - evil

there was loads of great songs though and those were just the ones i could think of just now.

ace weekend best one ive been to campsite banter was on top form too.

whether it was zippy bin diving or 'having a rest' against a fence while releaving himself

or yousef keeping everyone awake by letting their tents down and poking them with sticks

to getting a free crate of beer from our lovely neighbours

on the music front

weak become heros by the streets and too much brandy

snoop dogg - deep cover i couldnt believe my ears when the bass started - amazing

outer space - prodigy

voodoo people and breathe and smack my bitch up too, all stomping.

caught a bit of hayseed dixie would have liked to stay longer cos they looked ace

awesome weekend.

All I saw of you Ripple Boy was you reclining in a comfy chair whilst the debauchery happened around you....

Yes, a most generous host down by your area, an alcohol post-mortem revealed at least 6 stolen cans of bitter from Zippy's sledge...