aberdeen-music

Cool drum mics

Hugh_Jazz

This type of mic has been around for a while! I have not heard any that sound good at all. But if they have made them really work then they would be good for the touring bands to just plug&play. Studio's I dont think (other than FX track) they will be better than the usual Kit mic's

These things have been around for awhile, it's just that the sales company have been making some noise as the market has more or less ignored them.

This is almost exactly the same as the old C-Ducer system and I bought my first C-Ducer back in 1979 and they had been around some time already back then.

Do these things work for drums?

Sorry, but unless you are using them to trigger samples, the answer is no! And if you are triggering samples, it is better and cheaper to get a dDrum pick-up.

www.the-byre.com

A plastic transducer? No thanks. I'd be bored without the snare bleeding through all my tom mics anyway.

Flash' date=' it's OK to insert Mike into Tom as long as they're both over the age of consent.[/quote']

It should be possible to construct a ghastly scenario from the words: floor, ride, kick, stick, beater, rythmn, skin, crack, hardware, and rim.

It's an interesting approach...almost like you piezo crystals on guitar but obviously newer technology.

Yes' date=' like piezo crystals, using the spatial distortion to produce electrical signals.

Be cool to see if they are acctually good.

I almost thought you knew what a piezo was there.

• 3 weeks later...

I missed this reply because this "new posts" thing on this website is severely broken, thanks Jim.

Are you not a fan of them or did I read that wrong?

No, no need for spectacles, piezos, on the whole, suck more than a toothless whore. Cheap and nasty is a phrase that may have been invented just for them, then adopted by the wider populace.

Guest Gasss

Sorry to hijack this thread but...

Soundian, what is your opinion on amplifying acoustic guitars? I hate piezos as well but so many sound engineers are unwilling to mic up acoustic guitars, even for solo performers. I've even come across some studio "engineers" who insist on DI'ing acoustics in the studio! I'm just interested on what the best solution is from your point of view