aberdeen-music

The Gr8 Live8 Question

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

why were Snow Patrol playing instead of someone like the Manic Street Preachers who have far more political songs, and are far better anyway. it's just a big mystery to me...

Guest tv tanned
why were Snow Patrol playing instead of someone like the Manic Street Preachers who have far more political songs' date=' and are far better anyway. it's just a big mystery to me...[/quote']

I wonder why you have singled out Snow Patrol when the same is equally applicable to the following:

Razorlight

Pete Doherty

Kaiser Chiefs

Stereophonics

and probably a few others in terms of quality, and basically every other band bar a couple with regard to political content.

Because the Manics aren't cool now. If this had been 1996-1998, they'd have been one of the first acts asked. But as sales for Lifeblood shows, the majority don't care about them any more. Which is more fool them, since Lifeblood is their best sans-Richey album.

That's assuming they weren't asked. However, seeing as how they did the Tsunami fundraiser this year, the Hillsborough fundraiser a few years back, and a Cancer fundraiser in 1994, it's unlikely they'd have turned this down if they were asked. Unless they have something better to do, eg eat pies.

Or perhaps Geldof was just scared the Wire would say "let's pray Robbie Williams goes the same way as Freddie Mercury pretty soon" or something. But that's unlikely, since they had Snoop "What's ma muthafuckin' name?" Doggy Dogg on at tea time.

Or maybe him and Bono just didn't want to be upstaged in the political tirade stakes.

Or maybe he just doesn't like them. Because some people ARE stupid after all.

Guest pop-notmyface
I wonder why you have singled out Snow Patrol when the same is equally applicable to the following:

Razorlight

Pete Doherty

Kaiser Chiefs

Stereophonics

and probably a few others in terms of quality' date=' and basically every other band bar a couple with regard to political content.[/quote']

oh, just because i was watching it, and they performed this song "chocolate" and i thought, "jeez, are they dull"

if they wanted to represent Scottish music, there would have been far better bands to chose from (in my opinion)

damn right it was. we were in fits. actually i liked velvet revolver too. i missed the scissor sisters.

i thought VR were amazing too, after feeling slightly sceptical because some of them had long over conditioned hairdoos...the singers outfit was nice