aberdeen-music

NIN were absolutely IMMENSE last night

And I almost fucking missed it!

Got all the way to Dundee before suddenly realising I hadn't brought the tickets. So I had to drive all the way back again to get them. Bloody G8 summit meant there were police crawling all over the place from just after Dundee to almost Glasgow - got there as they were playing The Wretched, which I believe was just the first song.

So anyway, what did everyone that went think? How ace is Terrible Lie live?!! I think that, Reptile, March Of The Pigs, Suck, The Day The Whole World Went Away and With Teeth were my favourites. The sound was impeccable throughout as well.

It was amazing. Aaron North is my new hero. Having seen the Icarus Line before I knew what he was like but he was just the coolest guitarist I have ever seen, he just didn't seem to care at all and it totally took me by surprise when he jumped into the crowd. He's also an amazing guitarist. I have one question though, where has trent reznors neck gone? he doesn't have a neck.

That was a truly awesome gig. Trent getting a whole pint of water thrown over him during something i can never have and him doing the same back to the crowd was funny. an intense and very satisfying gig to have been too. took 2 friends who were not really big NIN fans - they are now, both thought it was ace too.

on a side note, that was the most paranoid i have ever been driving a car. FAR too many coppers about for my liking. skinning up was a bleeding nightmare.......

Incredible for sure. The more the gig went on the better it got. Reznor puts in such a great performance. That's a man who really deserves a very large fan base. Saul williams was different with a new sound from a genre that doesn't really do that. Wasn't really for me but the man new his music. I really liked the last track though. Seemed more powerfull and had way more direction with the sound and vocals.