aberdeen-music

WWE sack 19 superstars

Lemonade

Well OK they are not all 'superstars' as such but there are still some pretty big names among them

D-Von Dudley

Bubba Ray Dudley

Spike Dudley

Mark Jindrak

Matt Morgan

Charlie Haas

Kenzo Suzuki

Akio

Gangrel

Marty Jannetty

Maven

Billy Kidman

Mordecai

Shannon Moore

Jackie Gayda

Dawn Marie

Hiroko

Joy Giovvani

The Dudley boys are obviously the biggest shock, I find it hard to believe that they don't think they can make money from the Dudleys, or a Rockers reunion, or even Billy Kidman tearing up the Cruiserweights, but they can keep hold of stiffs like Viscera, the Bashems, Simon Dean, Chris Masters.....

Note to Vince - don't, just please don't release Val Venis..... it would ruin my life. :down:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well OK they are not all 'superstars' as such but there are still some pretty big names among them

D-Von Dudley

Bubba Ray Dudley

Spike Dudley

Mark Jindrak

Matt Morgan

Charlie Haas

Kenzo Suzuki

Akio

Gangrel

Marty Jannetty

Maven

Billy Kidman

Mordecai

Shannon Moore

Jackie Gayda

Dawn Marie

Hiroko

Joy Giovvani

The Dudley boys are obviously the biggest shock' date=' I find it hard to believe that they don't think they can make money from the Dudleys, or a Rockers reunion, or even Billy Kidman tearing up the Cruiserweights, but they can keep hold of stiffs like Viscera, the Bashems, Simon Dean, Chris Masters.....

Note to Vince - don't, just please don't release Val Venis..... it would ruin my life. :down:[/quote']

Holy shit thats quite a lot. I can't believe the Dudleys were released, when once the biggest tag team in the world, but like Elwood said, they keep the Bashams :o Mark Jindrak was ace and would have been a great U.S champion if they used him properly. It looked like the cruiserweight division was getting interesting with the appearance of Super Crazy, Psicosis and Juvi but then they go fire 2 of the best cruiserweights...Billy Kidman and Shannon Moore. A Rockers reunion would have been ace, they could have brought Janetty back full time to feud with Edge and Christian a few months ago and you'd have got one of the best tag matches ever. I hope these cut backs arent so they can invest the money in ECW. I loved One Night Stand but it would be awful if it were to be brought back on a regular basis.

The cuts are because WWE are set to lose $10million on advertising revenue when switching networks(raw is leaving spiketv and going to USA network).

Last time I checked was 16 it just keeps on going up.

They are going to release more.

Marc Loyd has also been released apparently as will other "office" workers.

Im gutted about The 3 Dudleys,Kidman and haas...so much for a reunion for the "greatest tag team in the world"

I think there's something funny going on. There is no way that WWE would just let their biggest tag team contracts just run out. I think they know that Haas is a talent.

Why hire and fire Jannetty before he even debuts?

Why fire/release all teh Dudleys in one swoop?

Dawn Marie is pregnant and they fire her? That's a law suit waiting to happen... they know that.

Something fishy says I.

Kidman? The guy is permanantly injured, there was word he was going to retire anyway. Moore has done sod all since 3 Count and even then he was carried by Evan Karagious and Sugar Shane Helms.

The cuts are because WWE are set to lose $10million on advertising revenue when switching networks(raw is leaving spiketv and going to USA network).

Last time I checked was 16 it just keeps on going up.

They are going to release more.

"

I fear for Val Venis :down::down:

It'll be interesting to see if they keep on Chris Jericho' date=' his contract is up in October and they are doing nothing with him just now.

Well at least Matt Hardy and Brock Lesnar are coming back, I suppose that's a good thing.

Perhaps Brock could feud with Val. :up::up:

"Hello, ladies...."

[img']http://www.angelfire.com/la/lowgunn/images/venis10.jpg

Im in SHOCK

The Dudleys gone?

Surely there was something they could have done with them. What are the writers thinking. I havent been this pissed off since they split them up and Don became a Reverend.

As for Maven...dont let the door hit you on the way out dude!

Joy Giovani...was she the stupid one who did interviews? If it is im even more upset about her being fired. I am very clear on the fact thati think the tits and ass on WWE is unneccessary but she was hot as hell. (as im writing this i have learned its not the one i like so its ok Fire her sorry ass).

Mordecai....i liked this guys gimmick..pity they made him lose to Rey Mysterio....it was all down hill form there.

Matt Morgan.....that will teach him for stealing my face.....good looking bugger though!

Gangrel.....never a huge fan of his but consider this...his contract was started at the same time as Visceras who as we all know is a large immobile piece of crap that stiks up TV everytime he is on......Gangrel has to be better than him...hell Chris Masters is beter than Viscera

Oh and whats with Big Vis and that move where he humps the guys ass???

Heres a few of ideas for Vinnie Mac:

1: You want to save money? How about not doing stupid time wasting Diva searches!

2: Stop paying Hulk Hogan to come on and do his little puppet show and letting him get free advertising whatever he is trying to sell this week. If you are going to put him on TV lets just have him standing on the ramp getting kicked in the face by HBK for 2 hours...now thats entertainment.

3: Sack Chris Masters.....news flash no one cares. Let someone break out of his Master Lock (dude its a full nelson get over yourself) and then ditch this dude fast. His gimmick..he has muscles......there is a locker room full of guys with muscles none of which he is fit to be in the same ring as.

4: The Bashams...nuff said

5: JR and Jerry" the king" Lawler

Ok you cant get totally rid of JR because he is or was VP of talent or something like that but at least get rid of them from commentary. We have heard the same crappy cliches from these 2 assclowns for far too many years. To quote Owen Hart RIP "enough is enough and its time for a change".

Ok no.5 wouldnt help the financial situation but in my opinion it just had to be said.

oh dear i wonder if most of them will end up at tna:nwa!!!!!!! i want a.j. on wwe how good would a.j. styles versus rvd how good!!! and if they do put ecw back on a permanent basis we better get it over because ecw was sooooooooo goood in its prime!!!!

in it's prime yes, but I dont think it would work on a full time basis nowadays as half the wrestlers are on WWE and half of them wouldn't want to work for Vince McMahon.

5: JR and Jerry" the king" Lawler

Ok you cant get totally rid of JR because he is or was VP of talent or something like that but at least get rid of them from commentary.

You can't get rid of J.R! He's an institution! Get rid of the Coach and Michael Cole I say. Put Taz back in the ring fighting Sabu and have RVD feud with A.J Styles and Vince'll be laughing all the way to bank. He could have made a stack of cash out of a Jerry Lynn-RVD angle ages ago. Does anyone remember their matches in ECW in '99-2000? Amazing stuff.

Maybe something to do with a revival of ECW?

i already said...

Heres a few of ideas for Vinnie Mac:

1: You want to save money? How about not doing stupid time wasting Diva searches!

Actually on a recent Raw their peak rating was the Raw Diva search. So getting rid of one of the main audience pulls at present wouldn't be a good idea.

oh dear i wonder if most of them will end up at tna:nwa!!!!!!! i want a.j. on wwe how good would a.j. styles versus rvd how good!!! and if they do put ecw back on a permanent basis we better get it over because ecw was sooooooooo goood in its prime!!!!

Funnily enough NWA:TNA is moving to SpikeTV-the company that WWE left for USA network-the reason that they are gonna lose money in the first place.

You can't get rid of J.R! He's an institution! Get rid of the Coach and Michael Cole I say. Put Taz back in the ring fighting Sabu and have RVD feud with A.J Styles and Vince'll be laughing all the way to bank. He could have made a stack of cash out of a Jerry Lynn-RVD angle ages ago. Does anyone remember their matches in ECW in '99-2000? Amazing stuff.

Michael Cole maybe but not the Coach, he's ace. Even when he was a good guy he was. Remember Wrestlemania 18 when Rock got him to say his prayers? "Whaddup G"

Jerry Lynn and RVD's ECW matches were great. They had possibly the greatest match ever on Sunday Night Heat too and that was as far as the WWE matches went which was really stupid considering it was such a classic.

I sure as hell hope there isn't a permanant ECW comeback. The recent PPV was a mistake in my eyes' date=' totally bastardised what ECW was all about really.

[/quote']

How exactly? I thought it represented ECW really well. The matches were awesome, the crowd was great (everyone singing "Enter Sandman" when the Sandman came out was fantastic. I had a tear in my eye.) and Joey Styles' commentary and the "shoot" style segments were exactly how I hoped they would be. It was certainly the best PPV so far this year and it'll probably end up being the best for the whole year.

However, I'm also against the idea of it coming back regularly. A PPV now and again is more than enough to remind everyone how good ECW was back in the day. If it was on every week or something I could see the excitement wearing off and then the memory of the good ol' ECW days will be tarnished.

Jerry Lynn and RVD's ECW matches were great. They had possibly the greatest match ever on Sunday Night Heat too and that was as far as the WWE matches went which was really stupid considering it was such a classic.

Damn right. That match was awesome but their match at ECW Living Dangerously '99 is the best of their feud IMO and quite possibly my favourite match ever. There was a really violent match they had in Japan too that I love. In fact I think I'm gonna watch it a bit later.

Actually on a recent Raw their peak rating was the Raw Diva search. So getting rid of one of the main audience pulls at present wouldn't be a good idea.

And at the end they're going to shell out $250,000, and pay the exorbiant wages of an airhead with no wrestling skills, who will disappear off screens as soon as her popularity has worn off (maybe a month), see out the rest of her contract doing nothing and be quietly released after a year. It might be peak rating at the moment but it's no more than a quick fix.

The better ones will probably end up joining TNA' date=' which my opinion is better - although lower budget. A.J. Styles already turned down WWE and TNA have the likes of Jeff Hardy, Christopher Daniels and AMW.[/quote']

I may be wrong (not the first time) but i think AJ Styles and Chris Daniels both had WWE developmental contracts and were down in OVW getting ready for there move to WWE and they released them.................DOH!!!

I may be wrong (not the first time) but i think AJ Styles and Chris Daniels both had WWE developmental contracts and were down in OVW getting ready for there move to WWE and they released them.................DOH!!!

I know that AJ Styles had a dark match to see if the crowd would like him and if he could cut it with the big boys, but apparently that was a massive failure and the WWE lost interest straight away.