aberdeen-music

Gavfest 2005

HeinzHines

At the request of Narc here is some basic information on this years Gavfest....

For those un familiar with the festival, it takes place just outside stonehaven....

Tickets will be made available by e-mail very soon...these dont cost any money but small donations might be asked for on the day....

It will be on the 20th of August this year and the line up looks something like this just now...

Hookers Green #1:

Saint Maybe: (Blastcap Sidcas other band)

Masamune:

Doris Mavis: (strange Deerhoof like band)

Popcorn Fiend: (one man guitar and laptop if i remember rightly)

Project Ven Hell:

Copy HaHo:

Mad Al Chivers: (Al Masamunes solo stuff)

(possibles)

Filthpact: (they were playing then not, now maybe again!)

Gofones: (if they are ready in time)

There might be more that i have forgotten....but im sure Gav will post up soon with better information and how to get your ticket.

I'm there you Fuckwit.

I hope Paul brings an individual copy of that song he's created with Vincent Price's laughter repeated in the most unsettling way. We can play it from a shambling ghetto blaster.

Ghetto.

Guest bluesxman
Mill of Uras.

You get a map with your e-mail. :)

I'm from Stonehaven, which general direction is it in, never heard of it... ?(

Ah never mind, lol

Guest bluesxman
See my post above yours!

Yeah saw it, that's why the 'never mind' came from! Are these all local bands? Are they specifically chosen by someone?

Guest bluesxman
Alot are Aberdeen based....but some are from further away....

Gav is the curator and chooses the line up....

I see - so presumably they are all bands of the same ilk as yours?

Guest bluesxman
www.myspace.com/copyhaho

www.myspace.com/hookersgreenno1

www.deathtomasamune.com

you can listen to songs by the above at the above' date=' sorry, these are the only websites of the mentioned bands i know off the top of my head.[/quote']

Cheers but my PC refuses to play Myspace downloads for some reason. Managed to listen to the Project Van Hell ones, interesting, guitar work definitely has a Dead Kennedys circa Fresh Fruit For Rotting vegetables sound, don't know if that's intended or influenced....

Cheers but my PC refuses to play Myspace downloads for some reason. Managed to listen to the Project Van Hell ones' date=' interesting, guitar work definitely has a Dead Kennedys circa Fresh Fruit For Rotting vegetables sound, don't know if that's intended or influenced....[/quote']

Its not....but we tend to rip off about a hundred bands without realising it!

I see - so presumably they are all bands of the same ilk as yours?

No...not really...everything on that line up is diverse...copy haho are indie/post-punkish....hg#1 are kind of similar with a more arty radiohead/pavement feel...masamune are post punk/rock....filthpact are crust voilence....cant remember who else is playing but you get the idea!

Guest Mr Blastcap

i'm really looking forward to this jamboree, will be the musical highlight of my year i reckon, (apart from supporting chris brokaw) and will be taking me sketchbook along in order to document the happenings.