aberdeen-music

Bands that have made mistakes on recordings

Hog

1 hour ago, Dan G said:

A related story that is interesting (to me at least) is of Brad Fiedel was composing the Terminator theme... He wrote the melody by improvising over a percussion loop he'd recorded, but hadn't realised that he had stopped the end of the sequence a bit early. As a result, the bars are an awkward 13/16 time signature. But it's one of the best themes ever, so happy accidents and all that.  

And all whilst recording the most consecutive appearances in the English Premier League. Impressive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Teabags said:

I was listening to it thinking "what fucking weird pattern was I going for? Jesus christ."

No idea how it happened. I was supposed to fix it by shifting the vocal overdub backwards/forwards 4 beats, but I don't think I ever did...

We were lucky with Geller that the whole thing stayed perfectly in time despite glitching ahead and deleting 4 beats, otherwise we'd had have to have scrapped the whole take, and that was probably our best song IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Hog said:

Folk still talking about St Anger.

I personally hate the production. It does have a few decent moments but there are also some real facepalm moments 

I always thought that the lyrics sounded like they had been lifted straight out of some 15 year old metal kids journal.

As far as mistakes go, in Saturn's Children by Electric Wizard one of the guitarists rolls up the volume on their guitar a bar too early and turns it back down again in the last chorus.

• 2 months later...