aberdeen-music

g8 alternatives march at auchterarder cancelled

framheim

the thing is though they had know there would be violent protest. and it seems a bit shit to stop the main peaceful protest from going ahead as a result of a minority of violent protestors. they are not necessarily related. most of the direct action tactics have been freely viewable on the interweb for days so the police must have known what could've happened so to blame the cancellation directly on the direct protestors is a bit harsh. it may only lead to a much much larger protest filled with frustration and anger at the restriction of their right to protest. most people on their way to this march have no idea it's been cancelled. this could result in a much more dangerous situation in what was previously a few small incidents.

the thing is though they had know there would be violent protest. and it seems a bit shit to stop the main peaceful protest from going ahead as a result of a minority of violent protestors. they are not necessarily related. most of the direct action tactics have been freely viewable on the interweb for days so the police must have known what could've happened so to blame the cancellation directly on the direct protestors is a bit harsh.

The direct protesters would have known as well if it was on the web. Surely they have some responsibility to stop it as well?

All we're left with is each side blaming the other & no c*nt bothering to take responsibilty for anyones actions.

All the violence has done has belittled the positive actions & the message to the G8.

I can see it now -

Tony - "Holy shit! the protesters have smashed up a provincial chip shop!"

George - "fucking hell, how will we feed the people? Where's Bob Geldof when you need him?"

Jaques Chirac - "who gives a flying merde? I'm only bothered about the Olympic bid today"

Tony - "Holy shit! the protesters have smashed up a provincial chip shop!"

George - "fucking hell' date=' how will we feed the people? Where's Bob Geldof when you need him?"

Jaques Chirac - "who gives a flying merde? I'm only bothered about the Olympic bid today"[/quote']

Update...............

Jaques Chirac - Bof! Le Bollocks!

Not T in the Park, I'm going to see Rilo Kiley in Edinburgh city center on Friday... Does the route to Edinburgh go anywhere near where the Gleneagles place is, or where there are likely to be traffic jams/road blocks or anything. I really don't know Scotland.

Gleneagles is nearer to Stirling than Edinburgh. Although it depends on what route you take and what mode of transport you use, you SHOULD be ok.

... but you never can take anything for granted when the hooded neds of stiriling are about!! (trust me i used to live there!!)