aberdeen-music

Ex member of Neutral Milk Hotel and Bablicon, recorded with Bright Eyes & Broadcast

chilli

best show you will see this month.

New Mexico resident Jeremy Barnes has in previous years caused ripples as part of Neutral Milk Hotel and Bablicon, and has also recorded with Bright Eyes and Broadcast, amongst others. But maybe none of these projects have caused a stir like his second album for the Leaf label as A Hawk And A Hacksaw. Darkness At Noon starts out like a klezmer versus mariachi fist fight and climaxes with Six Organs Of Admittance-style melancholia. Fusing folk styles from the Americas, the Middle East and Eastern Europe with elements of electronica knob-twiddling and found-sound atmospherics, Jeremy's virtuosity spreads across drums, accordion, guitar, violin, vocals, piano and more.

Live, A Hawk... becomes a duo - this sound palette is too big for one person unless its all reduced to laptop trickery, but Jeremy and musical partner Heather Trost insist on onstage multi-instrumentalist extravagance. Even with Heather's help, you can still expect to see Jeremy playing both drums and accordion simultaneously whilst also singing. The kind of artfully executed cross-cultural mash-up that's very hard to find.

@ Peacocks Artspace

The Castlegate

This Friday 1st july 05

Doors 8pm

Entrance 5

Support

INCITE (German minimalist electrocic duo)

Jesus fucking crist...

Is it just me or does Chillis descriptions leave you in a blind trance of glazing over boredom,sorry Chilli but short sharp shock is far it's a at.

Im sure you're nights are very interesting indeed, but you write like some wank from rolling stone,see ya soon Biz.

Is it just me or does Chillis descriptions leave you in a blind trance of glazing over boredom' date='sorry Chilli but short sharp shock is far it's a at.

Im sure you're nights are very interesting indeed, but you write like some wank from rolling stone,see ya soon Biz.[/quote']

thanks biz, i take that as a compliment..................

keep smoking the spliff man, your really are a cosmic punk

arhg!

why the weekend of the march in edinburgh?!

what were you thinking?!

you should be ashamed of yourselves!!

not really, this fantastic show was in the bag at least two months b4

BEFORE the march was mentioned or decided...................

anyhow you can go to the show on Friday & it will finish by 11pm (ish)

& go to the march Sat morning.

you lose nick. marching indeed! pfft.

this looks really good!

how do i find peacocks artspace? what's it like inside? is it big? what is the square root of 364?

aahhh nick hooker me thinks?

yes this will be a wonderful elcelcic but accessible evening in a space that will be just perfect that will enhance both artists.

Peacocks is situated in the Castlegate, walk past la lombarda & about 30/40yards past it

you will see a lane entrance with I think a curved Peacocks sign. go down the lane for 50yards & its the gallery on the right. Capacity est 100, bring a cushion or padded cycling shorts for sitting on the floor as seating will be limited. Bottled beer & wine available.

ps will also try to get posters outside entrance to lane.

neutral milk hotel are so good they make me want to die.

not to worry' date=' im releasing a pack of cougars on the interesting music people on that day so therell be no music for them either.[/quote']

always thought hg1 gigs were a bit of a circus, now youve just proved my theory!!!!!

How was it then??

Did Jeremy stand amongst the cushions and the crowd, dripping sweat into his accordian buttons? Did you feel like you'd witnessed something you shouldn't after seeing the intense stares between Heather and Jeremy...(surely they are a couple?)

I have a really silly review of this being put up at candyfactorylines.com...

x