aberdeen-music

Buckcherry Reunion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wohoooooooo!!

Mick Maverik

"Reunited Los Angeles hard rockers BUCKCHERRY have completed work on their third album, tentatively due in Japan in late July/early August. The follow-up to 2001's "Time Bomb" was produced by guitarist Keith Nelson and marks the band's recording debut with their revamped lineup, featuring a new drummer, bassist and rhythm guitarist. There are rumors that Jimmy Ashurst is their new bass player (Jimmy played with Izzy Stradlin of GUNS N' ROSES in Izzy's solo band IZZY STRADLIN & THE JU JU HOUNDS), but this has yet to be officially confirmed. A U.S. record deal for the new album has yet to be secured."

Oh hell fuckin yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved these guys! They were the best god damned Rock band to crawl out of the gutter since Guns N' Roses!!! Josh Todd was the best damned front man since Sebastian Bach, and Keith Nelson's riffs were always big and badass! Can't wait! What say you?? :D:rockon::band:

Andy

warrior soul too. i saw them at the barrowlands' date=' supporting the almighty. it was like they'd forgotten to bring the songs along that night...[/quote']

I was there and you're right. I seem to remember the singer swaggering out onto stage doing a full 'Look! Look at my lovely hair!' routine and expecting that to negate the need for any musical ability. The AlfuckingMighty on the other hand...

I was there and you're right. I seem to remember the singer swaggering out onto stage doing a full 'Look! Look at my lovely hair!' routine and expecting that to negate the need for any musical ability. The AlfuckingMighty on the other hand...

If that was your first experience of Warrior Soul than i can maybe see your point, as much as i enjoyed them at the Barra's they were going through a plug in, turn everything up and glam it up phase which there previous four albums were nothing like.

So you maybe (for obvious reasons if you were there) got a completely wrong impression of the Band, they'd spent years trying to sell there brand of Art rock and got nowhere so just had a bugger it lets go off on a tangent phase which pretty much was the end of the band. :down:

The Almighty on the other hand i didn't enjoy at all, i just thought it was far too loud with the speakers at the front and back of the hall.

I love the Almighty but they just weren't as good as they were at Donington'92 or The Music Hall in '93 :down:

I ended up staying in the same flat as Floyd from the Almighty the night of the Glasgow gig and he said the volume was due to the whole soundboard being connected to the drums ie the harder the drummer played the louder the volume got and during soundcheck he wasn't hitting as hard :band:

Rock n' Roll huh :rockon: