aberdeen-music

Pubs of the harbour area

Bobby

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schooner closed? Noooooo!!!!

Flash if that was your teenage pub crawl by the end of it you must have been on first name terms with every hooker in Aberdeen!

I took a great walk round the harbour area on a rainy afternoon a few weeks ago and noticed the Footdee bar for the first time, which actually looked really nice. But what's the score with The Neptune and Pegasus...what's Pegasus?

Schooner closed? Noooooo!!!!

Flash if that was your teenage pub crawl by the end of it you must have been on first name terms with every hooker in Aberdeen!

I took a great walk round the harbour area on a rainy afternoon a few weeks ago and noticed the Footdee bar for the first time' date=' which actually looked really nice. But what's the score with The Neptune and Pegasus...what's Pegasus?[/quote']

Aren't all hookers called Trixie?

Pegasus is a function suite bolted onto the Neptune. It's a decent size and used to do bands. It briefly took over as The New Venue when The Venue shut but quickly failed due to it being a 2 mile walk through hooker infested allys.

The Footdee bar IS the Fittie Bar. Same place. We pronounce Footdee as Fittie.

Hey I may be from Cullen and not Aberdeen and due to accidents of fate sound slightly more like Ray Winstone than that quine affa River City fi Torry, but I do know its nay Footdee! Just thought in my (faulty) memory that the sign spelt it the formal way!

I assumed that Pegasus was a former band venue, as I know Pallas used to play in The Neptune years back, must have been in there!

Roughest pub I've visited must be the one next door to RS McColls on the Castlegate' date=' now that's a fucking shithole.[/quote']

The Carlton! That was my underager haunt!

Four of us used to go into town every Friday night, head down there and have a few pints then try and get into the Ministry! Every Friday for about a year and a half.

The owners knew fine we were underage but let us drink anyway, not only that but they kept an eye out for us if any of the regulars started getting a bit loud and lairy.

Wouldn't go near the f*cking place these days!

• 1 year later...

I went a harbour pub crawl after playing crazy golf down the beach on saturday.

Fittie bar, Characters, Corwn and Anchor, The Regent (some dodgers in there, even the birds had teeth missing), Moorings, Hen Hoose (an experiance)..... then rounded the night off in the more familiar surroundings of ma's.

Guest DustyDeviada
I went a harbour pub crawl after playing crazy golf down the beach on saturday.

I'm planning a harbour run for Dusty Jnr's head wetting, was going to start at Peep Peep's and work our way along the Quay, but when I drove past it the other day it appeared to be shut.

May have to start at Cutter's Wharf instead.

I'm planning a harbour run for Dusty Jnr's head wetting, was going to start at Peep Peep's and work our way along the Quay, but when I drove past it the other day it appeared to be shut.

May have to start at Cutter's Wharf instead.

Hmmmm, didn't notice if Peep Peeps was shut on Saturday... we were going to go, but carried on to Characters after the Fittie bar.

Cheap pints down the harbour mind you, always good.

My dad and the original 'Peep Peep' were pals (think they both came from Laurencekirk, or both worked as mechanics together or something).

Is it still officially called 'The Commerce Inn'?? He used to shout 'Peep peep!!!' at folk, and 'Commerce in...or ony wey ye like!'.

When I was wee my dad used to take me for 'a run in the car' every saturday morning, which meant that we drove to Peep Peeps and I sat outside reading the P & J and eating a sausage roll while he had a few pints. Great days:down:

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, thanks for that Alan, although I got a sense of deja vu as I read it.

Peep Peep's (The Commerce Inn) brings back many happy childhood memories for me, as my dad used to take me for a 'run in the car' most Saturdays, which consisted of being driven to Peep Peep's and left in the car with a sausage roll and a P&J while he had a few pints/nips of the low-flyer. He was a pal of the original Peep Peep, from back in Laurencekirk (who put cartoons all over the walls, etc, and was fond of saying "Commerce Inn...or ony wey ye like!")

Those were, apparently, the days! (the 60s, maaaaaan)

Don't worry, I know you oldies get forgetful and start repeating yourselves. ;)

who is spinal steve?

He's like a cross between 'Mullet Man' and one of the roadies from Spinal Tap. He speaks utter garbage, tells lots of whopping great lies, is an alcoholic, and dates a transvestite (apparently he/she) gives really good head.

He can also be located in the bookies on Market Street.

Description? About 5'10", 150lbs, dyed black hair in awesome mullet often with shaved sides, spray on black jeans, black t-shirt with the sleeves (badly) ripped off, and weedy little arms. Usually has a pint glass in close promximity to his gob.

AVOID.

Guest DustyDeviada

Just as an update on this, Peep Peeps is indeed still open but possibly one of the worst pubs I've ever been in, waste of time.

Cutters Wharf slightly better, but Characters and the Crown an Anchor were a good laugh, Crown and Anchor especially.

Was Peep Peeps the one that made it onto that "Britain's toughest pubs" gash on Sky?

That's the one. It allegedly has wine on the menu but they haven't sold it for years.

Just saw the video for Peep Peeps on YouTube, now that's quality :up:

I remember going into the Old Kings Highway next to R&B a couple of years ago. Was full of old men. The whole place went quiet in a sort of "are you local?" manner and we just walked out