aberdeen-music

The best guitarist you're likely to see in Aberdeen

Mac Atom

Paul Rose is playing again THIS THURSDAY (June 30th) at the Globe. I can't recommend this gig enough, he only gets up to Aberdeen once or twice a year and has been playing to more and more people each time.

This is from his website: "Paul Rose's guitar playing touches on blues, country, rock and jazz, melding the styles of his musical heroes into a flavour all his own. With a devoted, and ever increasing following, Paul is praised as a guitarist's guitarist. He was voted Guitarist Magazine's Guitarist of the Year in 1995."

Please, please, please - if you love blues guitar then you HAVE to see this guy in action.

if you're walking towards belmont street down union street turn left just as you pass the music hall and go across golden square. the globe is a little way down the street directly across golden square on the left hand side. very good pub it is too. i also highly recommend under the hammer just beside as being a pub of supreme quality.

actually better guitarists make appearances at the stoney folk festival
Bullshit! Come and see him and then say that ;)

I have to go with Mac on this one, although it is nice to see a lad speaking up for his old man.

Apart from the guitar issue, there's also the advantage of not having to be at stoney folk festival. The combination of neds, fairmers, and mearns hippies in stoney is no fun.

woah, vapid who are you??

And by the by, I was talking about Maurice Dickson et al - have you ever been to the stoney folk festival Mac? :p Maurice is pretty damn awesome.... some of the other big names that have played there are good axesmiths too!!

I notice you didnt say anything about Dragonforce though? I assume you bow down to my authoritah on that one? :)

• 4 months later...