aberdeen-music

half man half buscuit

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

whilst he's on the phone...

get Andy to get Dick Dale ,Man or Astroman and Black Star Liner, OH ! and Alabama 3 and The Proclaimers and some decent comedy LIKE jERRY sADOWITZ that disnae cost an arm and a leg tae ,and let me in on the guest list for suggesting such a great line up and being part of Jerrys act in the theatre a few moons ago.

get Andy to get Dick Dale ' date='Man or Astroman and Black Star Liner, OH ! and Alabama 3 and The Proclaimers and some decent comedy LIKE jERRY sADOWITZ that disnae cost an arm and a leg tae ,and let me in on the guest list for suggesting such a great line up and being part of Jerrys act in the theatre a few moons ago.[/quote']

I saw Jerry Sadowitz perform with Graham Norton.

Can`t remember who was the straight guy.

Nope

There was a live review of HMHB on Planet Sound last night. They good a pretty good write up. I don't think they have played Adeen before' date=' but they play Edinburgh annually...

Dave[/quote']

Saw them about a zillion years ago at the Venue. Must have been 84-86 me thinks. My memerory fails me for numerous reasons.

"Steaming through Camberwick with a cargo of cocaine" I think, it may be Chiggly, again my memo.....?

Jim

Saw them about a zillion years ago at the Venue. Must have been 84-86 me thinks. My memerory fails me for numerous reasons.

"Steaming through Camberwick with a cargo of cocaine" I think' date=' it may be Chiggly, again my memo.....?

Jim[/quote']

"Time Flies By When You're The Driver Of A Train" it was called, from their first album, which also brought us -

All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit

Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

I Hate Nerys Hughes (From The Heart)

I Left My Heart In Papworth General

class...

"Steaming through Camberwick with a cargo of cocaine" I think' date=' it may be Chiggly, again my memo.....?

Jim[/quote']

Time flies by, when you're the driver of a train

Speeding out of Trumpton with a cargo of cocaine

Under bridges over bridges, to our destination

Careful with that spliff Eugene, it causes condensaiton

-Time flies by

Have you got this sorted yet Jamie? :p

Time flies by' date=' when you're the driver of a train

Speeding out of Trumpton with a cargo of cocaine

Under bridges over bridges, to our destination

Careful with that spliff Eugene, it causes condensaiton[/i']

-Time flies by

Have you got this sorted yet Jamie? :p

TRUMPTON!!!!!!! OF COURSE!!!!!

Now for some sleep... :cheers:

I was first made aware of them when I saw them playing "Trumpton Riots" on Peel's 50th Birthday tribute on BBC2. It was one of the most off - the - cuff things i've ever seen. I'm gonna watch the video tonight I think!

HMHB would be pretty good good live I think.

I was first made aware of them when I saw them playing "Trumpton Riots" on Peel's 50th Birthday tribute on BBC2. It was one of the most off - the - cuff things i've ever seen. I'm gonna watch the video tonight I think!

HMHB would be pretty good good live I think.

i have trumpton riots on original 7"single, for some reason must look it out & play it

b4 too long

i have trumpton riots on original 7"single' date=' for some reason must look it out & play it

b4 too long[/quote']

most of their stuff still seems to be in print as well...

HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT A CD CD 12.95;

Back In the DHSS CD 12.95;

Cammell Laird Social Club CD 13.25;

Dickie Davies Eyes 7" 2.50/12" 4.75;

Editors Recommendation 6-track CD 5.25;

Eno Collaboration 4-track CD 4.75;

Four Lads Who Shook the Wirral LP 8.25/CD 12.95;

Let's Not 7" 2.50/12" 4.75;

Look Dad No Tunes CD EP 4.75;

McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt LP 7.95/CD 12.95;

No Regrets 12" 4.75;

Saucy Haulage Ballads 6-track CD 5.50;

Some Call It Godcore LP 7.95/CD 12.95;

This Leaden Pall LP 7.95/CD 12.95;

Trouble Over Bridgwater CD 13.25;

Trumpton Riots 7" 2.50;

Voyage to the Bottom of the Road CD 12.95

get Andy to get Dick Dale ' date='Man or Astroman and Black Star Liner, OH ! and Alabama 3 and The Proclaimers and some decent comedy LIKE jERRY sADOWITZ that disnae cost an arm and a leg tae ,and let me in on the guest list for suggesting such a great line up and being part of Jerrys act in the theatre a few moons ago.[/quote']

Well, we can provide at least one (not so sure about the guestlist though I'm afraid Biz)....

Alabama 3+support

Thursday 29th September

13.50 (9 concessions & Regulars)

Doors 9pm | support 9.30pm

Brixton cowboys Alabama 3 are one of Britain's most exhilarating live bands with a fistful of festival appearances this summer including T in the Park. Known to the couch potato masses for their track 'Woke Up This Morning' - theme tune to 'The Sopranos' - their three studio albums 'Exile On Coldharbour Lane', 'La Peste', 'Power In The Blood' and acoustic live album 'Last train to Mashville Vol 2' have established the band members as popular heroes.

New album 'Outlaw' is perhaps their best work yet. A more stripped down, melodic album than its predecessors, it is a superb mixture of tongue-in-cheek nobility and honest, heartfelt song writing. Tracks like 'How can I protect You' and the first single, the ode to the Man in Black 'Hello I'm Johnny Cash' highlight an album that is down to earth yet eccentric, uplifting yet reflective and a sure fire instant classic.

http://www.lemontree.org/Music/event.cfm?eventid=2630&tempmonth=9

• 1 month later...