aberdeen-music

People who talk/shout/laugh/scream all the way through acoustic gigs....

Afro Droid

Guest Page 99

Haha, I felt exactly the same towards the people who spoke through the quiet bits in Cult Of Luna.

Even the band's guitarist was on the verge of beating the hell out of them.

I hope they od'd on crack that night.

This is a particular problem at the Tunnels i've found. During the likes of Malcolm Middleton, Narrissa Nadlier (sp?), Bikini Attol, and Kathryn Sawers there has been so many twats chatting away about how much their hair cuts cost, and how vintage and retro their clothes are.

The best acoustic gig i've ever seen was at Drakes with Craig B from Aereogramme. There was utter silence during those songs, people were afraid to cough or sneeze, and everyones mobiles were turned off whilst he was playing. I seem to remember sharon turing off the fridges as well, so there wasn't that background humming noise.

Guest tv tanned
The best acoustic gig i've ever seen was at Drakes with Craig B from Aereogramme. There was utter silence during those songs' date=' people were afraid to cough or sneeze, and everyones mobiles were turned off whilst he was playing. I seem to remember sharon turing off the fridges as well, so there wasn't that background humming noise.[/quote']

Acoustic gigs and warm alcohol.

I miss Drakes :down:

Yeh, people who talk through acoustic gigs are cunts.

Probably the same cunts who cannot keep their gobs shut during films and plays as well.

This is a particular problem at the Tunnels i've found. During the likes of Malcolm Middleton' date=' Narrissa Nadlier (sp?), Bikini Attol, and Kathryn Sawers there has been so many twats chatting away about how much their hair cuts cost, and how vintage and retro their clothes are.

The best acoustic gig i've ever seen was at Drakes with Craig B from Aereogramme. There was utter silence during those songs, people were afraid to cough or sneeze, and everyones mobiles were turned off whilst he was playing. I seem to remember sharon turing off the fridges as well, so there wasn't that background humming noise.[/quote']

true that, absolutely awesome gig. better than when kathryn sawrs played drummonds and all i wanted to do was yell at everyone to shut the fuck up.

and i agree with Stu on the Cult of Luna thing, those two were getting evil stares from the band as well as everyone else around them.

the ginger people last night got so annoying. we stoped serving them cause they wouldnt shut up

I am not a violent man, but I was tempted to knock that motherfucker out. I don't understand it - why pay money to ruin the show for yourself and everyone else there? It's particularly disrespectful to performers who have travelled thousands of miles to play.

Anyways - what we were able to hear from the stage over people screaming and banging on the tables was great - Jim Clements and Paul James Berry were brilliant, and Leyton was as awesome as ever.

Apparently Ginger' date=' at one of his acoustic gigs, offered to pay a heckler the ten quid it cost for the ticket just so he would fuck off...[/quote']

that was julian cope at the lemon tree, and he did give her money back, and said "fuck off".

I think people who talk through gigs should be garrotted with their own vas difference or fallopian tubes.

I hate it when that happens, at King Tuts we were watching the Spill Canvas and Stralight Run and everyone was just shouting on top of it and speaking the whole way through...i got so pissed off. It kinda ruined the gig for me. I don't understand why you would pay to go to a gig and speak the whole way through the performances.

*abit off topic* but as well last week and Milton Keynes when Jimmy Eat World were on we were singing along and everyone was giving us dirty looks because they were either trying to sleep/sunbathe, read a book/magasine or listen to music on their headphones...WHAT THE FUCK?! IT's a gig you cunts listen to the music, watch the band no fucking sleep...go to bed to sleep!!

that was julian cope at the lemon tree' date=' and he did give her money back, and said "fuck off".

I think people who talk through gigs should be garrotted with their own vas difference or fallopian tubes.[/quote']

He didn't just say "fuck off" to her....he grabbed her by the scruff of the neck when she came out for the money and manhandled her out of the Lemon Tree!!

It was ace!!!! :cheers:

Far too noisy Chris. Fast acting tranquilisers are the only sure fire way to shut the fuckers up quickly and without fuss. Less mess (evidence) to clean up after as well.

i'd recommend stricknyne personally, relatively silent but also pretty painful giving both peace and quiet and punishment in equal measure.

i'd recommend stricknyne personally' date=' relatively silent but also pretty painful giving both peace and quiet and punishment in equal measure.[/quote']i thought strychnine made you quite delusional and thus prone to random outburts of rage and paranoia?

or is that rohypnol?

I am not a violent man' date=' but I was tempted to knock that motherfucker out. I don't understand it - why pay money to ruin the show for yourself and everyone else there? It's particularly disrespectful to performers who have travelled thousands of miles to play.

Anyways - what we were able to hear from the stage over people screaming and banging on the tables was great - Jim Clements and Paul James Berry were brilliant, and Leyton was as awesome as ever.[/quote']

Maybe he was there to build his fragile ego up so he could "try" and look good to his pals.

People like that just go along for the ride, so they can become more thought of in their own social circle. It's sad really. In the end all it adds up to is sheer ignorance and lack of understanding towards the people at these venues. Fuck em, people like that don't deserve shit.