aberdeen-music

Countdown Star Dies

ali-ska

I agree he will be very difficult to replace' date=' but if they do give someone else the job, who would you like to see taking over?

If it was up to me I`d probably go for someone equally cool in a kind of uncool way like Terry Wogan.

Who`d get your vote?[/quote']

better suggestion than Sam's, Terry Wogan would be one person who could almost actually fill Whiteleys shoes.

and it would probably stop wogan from having to present the awful eurovision.

come on Terry!

Guest Laura@TMB
honest opinion here' date=' i'm heartbroken, but i have to say if countdown is to continue the only person i could see taking control is carol. they physically cannot replace the man, i mean come on think about it can they actually take someone new in to do that job.

they either stop it, which they wont do cause of the ratings, extend the guest presenter slots forever, or give it to carol to do...[/quote']

Ok, so possibly a bit harsh, however, I confess to losing all respect for Carol when she sold herself out to the daytime tv Ocean Finance type ads :down: She'll probably get the job all the same.

Wogan would be good. What about "give me a p please Bob"? Is he still on the go?

better suggestion than Sam's' date=' Terry Wogan would be one person who could almost actually fill Whiteleys shoes.

and it would probably stop wogan from having to present the awful eurovision.

come on Terry![/quote']

Agreed, since Vorderman couldn't really be replaced in her role, Old Tel would do a pretty good job.

Guest haigyman

i remember one interviewer asked him how close he got to carol and he said something like...

"well, i remember one time we had dressing rooms next to each other...and i noticed a little hole in the wall. i thought about getting it blocked up but i changed my mind and thought 'what the hell! let her watch!'"

R.I.P.

Guest Logan

I think my dad might have a heart attack about this news! He's honestly the biggest fan I know of Countdown! I've been watching with him since I was a little 'un!

Even when he was working, he'd always set the video so that we could all watch it when he got home. And seeing as it was taped, he'd always pause it during the games so he could try get the best words or nailing that numbers round! The whole family used to join in, and one christmas, we chipped in and bought the Countdown board game for him!!

He will be sorely missed and is completely unreplacable! I feel sorry for his family & friends of course, but I feel sorry for Channel 4 too, as they have to make the decision whether or not to keep the show going, or to stop it in respect.

Richard Whitley is a true Legend of TV. RIP. :(

countdown is still bein broadcasted!! its shocking watching a dead man.. (no he's not been put in his place' date=' dead.. its re-runs)

he looks so pretty in his pink tie :) poor man.[/quote']

it's not re-runs, carol explained at the beginning of tuesday's episode that this was the last week of episodes that he had filmed before he went into hospital, next week the guest presenters start, although they still haven't decided on what the permanent situation will be