aberdeen-music

Moshulu tonight jerks! Spread the word

kirkt

ADEQUATE7: (Household Name Records). This Bristol (or they could be from Wales) lot are one of the best in the UK, mixing punk with ska, rap and funk. They've toured with Capdown, Hundred Reasons, Suicide Machines etc For more info, check these pages out: www.myspace.com/adequateseven www.adequate7.co.uk http://www.householdnamerecords.co.uk/releases/haus056.php

THE 44s: Everyone loves them! One of Scotlands finest bands. ska-tastic. www.myspace.com/the44s www.the44s.net

TAUNTRA: First time in the Granite City for this great hardworking ska-core band from the borders. www.tauntra.cjb.net www.myspace.com/tauntra

HOT MANGU: Local funky splat metallers. For fans of Primus, Red Hot Chilli Peppers http://skip.to/hotmangu www.myspace.com/hotmangu

@ Moshulu, Windmill Brae, Aberdeen

Saturday 25th June 2005

7pm- 10pm (first band on at 7.10 so get there early)

5 in advance (tickets available from One Up and The Bassment), 6 on the door

I thought the gig was wicked - A7 are certainly the leaders of the UK-ska/punk pack as far as i'm concerned.

It was a shame to see so few people out on a Sat. night though - but then there wasn't a single poster in the bar downstairs advertising it, so i'm guessing the promotion was somewhat lacking.

It was a shame to see so few people out on a Sat. night though - but then there wasn't a single poster in the bar downstairs advertising it' date=' so i'm guessing the promotion was somewhat lacking.[/quote']

80 people. I don't think thats bad for a band like Adequate 7. Specially with only one local band on the bill. I do admit to forgetting to putting a poster in the Bassment cos I'm silly like that but I hardly think the promotion was lacking. It would have been flyered more but Cloud had all the flyers and wouldn't give me them to hand out outside Flogging Molly and I didn't have time to make more.

im a bit dissaopinted in the crowd. they didnt make a good impression on Tauntra. its a flaw of moshulu being so big. the only people on the floor for tauntra were me, my two uni mates, ryan, two girls (one of whom knew pof the band through drive by argument) camie and ryans friend ken. everyone else stood miles away. i mean come on the drove for 6 hours before and afterwards to get here and it probably looked to them that no one was interested in the support acts.

I thought the advertising was pretty good. Plenty on this website, some posters knocking about in Moshulu and I saw plenty flyers.

I didn't think too much of Tuantra. They didn't seem to be enjoying themselves very much. Yeah, nobody was down the front for them but still, they didn't exactly excert themselves.

The 44s and Adequate Seven were both on top form. So much energy and tight as.

Cheers to Kirk and Ross :)

is "make them earn it" ewan? i dont think he said oh god in a bad way but as in a good thing. um heres an example.

dude: hey i bought you a slayer ticket.

slayer fan: oh god...

ps well dee it :-) if thats still cool

fair doos. i thought he meant as in a "good god, no!" kinda way...