aberdeen-music

I wonder

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have the disabled spots at the back of carparks.

I mean being quite a healthy person I myself often feel a little disappointed if I dont feel like i've done enough activity in the day. Almost as if i've cheated myself and, in turn, i'll do more the next day to make up for it.

Obviously it wouldn't be practical to put all the spots for handicapped people in the back because of obvious reasons (wheelchairs dont come with traction control for winter days and apparently some disabled people are old); some of them are genuinely handicapped to the point where movement is agonising and find the relative ease of the wider spaces advantageous....but then we have the people who beat themselves up for having to use the only spots that will necessitate their rather cumbersome wheelchairs at the front because as much as they'd like the extra exercise, the other spaces in the carpark are just too narrow.

So what do you think. If you were handicapped and in the situation, would you like a few slots at the back. Perhaps even some on the street and distant, outerlying streets for those handicapped who'd like to keep in a condition similar to that prior to their permanent seat sitting.

Open for discussion, naturally.

Yeah if I were handicapped and in that situation, I'd want spaces at the back so I could go zoomng across the car park to the shops going "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

Talking of handicapped spaces, does anyone else think it's disgraceful that ridiculously obese people can qualify as disabled? Is it not a bit of a slap in the face to people who have a disability through no fault of their own, and certainly not from having no will power and stuffing their fucking faces till they can hardly fucking walk? There was a woman my sister used to work with, and her work had to have a disabled space for her because she was so obese. She could walk, but she just got out of breath quickly, so needed a special space near the entrance. I believe she couldn't "just lose weight" for some reason. Funny that - I managed to lose an inch on my belly from just stopping drinking at weekends.

(This is not a jibe at people who are just fat incidently - after all, I'm rather a fan of women with "a bit extra" to them.)

dont get me strated on the disabled' date=' they have massive parking spaces, AND THEIR TOILETS ARE MASSIVE!!!.

the other day i popped into the supermarket parking in a disabled space, i only popped in for a bottle of taboo...i come back out, the buggers clamped![/quote']

How kind of you to give it a name.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

I'm with you there! Anyone who is obese could lose a stone in a month if they actually tried hard enough.

Though sometimes some people have heart conditions from childhod that, even loads of healthy meals can't help. If the exercise isn't possible then some people just cant shift the growing weight and its only in this instance that I have any sympathy for fatties.

Otherwise they should get chased into work by a man with a dangerous flymo....from the BACK of the carpark

I'm with you there! Anyone who is obese could lose a stone in a month if they actually tried hard enough.

Though sometimes some people have heart conditions from childhod that' date=' even loads of healthy meals can't help. If the exercise isn't possible then some people just cant shift the growing weight and its only in this instance that I have any sympathy for fatties.

Otherwise they should get chased into work by a man with a dangerous flymo....from the BACK of the carpark[/quote']

Ah, but in that situation would they not be stopped from driving anyway? I'm pretty sure people with serious heart problems aren't allowed to drive, as they risk having a heart attack while driving. Same as people with epilepsy - they can't drive incase they have a seizure and suddenly mow people down or something.

I mean yeah, there are exceptions, but there are exceptions to every rule. But there are definitely people who are just fucking lazy.

dont get me strated on the disabled' date=' they have massive parking spaces, AND THEIR TOILETS ARE MASSIVE!!!.

the other day i popped into the supermarket parking in a disabled space, i only popped in for a bottle of taboo...i come back out, the buggers clamped![/quote']

You deserved to have a car bomb put in it for getting a bottle of Taboo!

Guest Cowboy Dan
Perhaps it would be a good idea to have the disabled spots at the back of carparks.

I mean being quite a healthy person I myself often feel a little disappointed if I dont feel like i've done enough activity in the day. Almost as if i've cheated myself and' date=' in turn, i'll do more the next day to make up for it.

Obviously it wouldn't be practical to put all the spots for handicapped people in the back because of obvious reasons (wheelchairs dont come with traction control for winter days and apparently some disabled people are old); some of them are genuinely handicapped to the point where movement is agonising and find the relative ease of the wider spaces advantageous....but then we have the people who beat themselves up for having to use the only spots that will necessitate their rather cumbersome wheelchairs at the front because as much as they'd like the extra exercise, the other spaces in the carpark are just too narrow.

So what do you think. If you were handicapped and in the situation, would you like a few slots at the back. Perhaps even some on the street and distant, outerlying streets for those handicapped who'd like to keep in a condition similar to that prior to their permanent seat sitting.

Open for discussion, naturally.[/quote']

(not birdman)