aberdeen-music

Your top 3 Guitarists

DIZZY STARR

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Gary Moore - Highly excellent ballad blues, power rock, extreme solo rock etc legend.

Ry Cooder - Slide blues? He's the man, fucking brilliant stuff, also he can play some of that neoclassical spanishy stuff, ever watched crossroads? If you haven't I highly reccomend it just for the head cuttin' duel at the end.

Chuck Berry - I love his stuff because it's so typically bluesy, he influenced a lot of the music that came out in the 50's and 60's. Gotta respect him, and also he came up with 'cruisin'

Guest pop-notmyface

a few of my favs:

John Frusciante - Red Hot Chili Peppers and solo

Jimi Hendrix - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Daron Malakian - System Of A Down

Scotty Moore - early Elvis

Omar Rodriguez - At The Drive-In and The Mars Volta

Tom DeLonge - Blink-182

Jeff Buckley - Jeff Buckley

Tom Morello - Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave

Kris Watson - Liberate and Alyssa's Wish

Slash - Guns 'N Roses

Kirk Hammet - Metallica

Steve Vai - Steve Vai

Joe Strummer - The Clash

Hard to say...I'm no longer a musical fan in the sense of worshipping musicians on their talents, more on what their music does for me....

Love the early Hendrix sound (before he killed it with some shitty effects), fender strats and marshall amps are a winning combo....

Quite like some Beatles stuff (probably George Harrison) for tone, really crunchy naturally distorted sound, and love the 12 strings on the likes of day tripper etc.

Trever Keith from Face To Face, whilst not being the most advanced player, has a great tone and good ideas, fuller sound with a Les Paul and the nice Top Hat King Royale amp.....never distorts past 4 and gets a nice cutting clean old pure tube driven sound

Brian Baker from Dag Nasty (and later Bad Religion) is probably my "fave" guitarist I can think of.....love his style, lots of open notes or repeating patterns with one note changing...isn't afraid to wack in the old 12 string, or some nice old sounding clean sounds (gretsch)....my guitar playing comes from this guy! (as Does Billie Joe, who mine first came from)

Ian MacKaye and Guy Piccioto have got some cool stuff going on aswell....nice tones too

Pete Townshend (early who days) aswell...again good tones (strat and marshall, ricky and vox, can't say much for the sg and hiwatt, his sound got real shit from woodstock onwards....)

Originally posted by scotty too hotty:

lmao element 106 stop saying shit about slayer cmon your hardley an orginal concept

Were not comparing E106 to Slayer. Its just a tongue in cheek in joke between us. I just feel that a band like Slayer, who are very good at what they do have solos that are not a patch on Dimebag or Mustaine etc.

Us original , em, true, dont know what that has to do with Slayer solos though. Im off to make a band which sounds like Tom Waits meets Kermit the frog meets jungle music with jazz interludes, just so it sounds "original " for you.:finger:

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

What is up with the element 106 bunch getting at slayer all of a sudden ?

Kerry King no soul and hitting random at a high speed ????

seems like a contradiction .....Spike Piledriver :angel:

Jeff Hanneman is actually a really good guitarist !

Aye, we are very random but in a very different way.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my no1 has to be Jimi Hendrix as his influence is just immense, few of my other favourites are :

Eric Clapton - Cream, Blind Faith

John McLaughlin

Tom Morello - RATM

Kirk Hammett - Metallica

Scott Gorham - Thin Lizzy

Brian Robertson - Thin Lizzy

Peter Green - Fleetwood Mac

Oh and one more thing, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai SUCK!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...