aberdeen-music

Football trivia

A couple of weeks ago at work, myself and couple of the regulars all of a sudden kicked of a game of footy trivia and thought it be fun to introduce to the boards so to kick it off, here is two teasers for you all:

Which ex-England international has played for Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers & Manchester United but only won league medals with one of them?

Who is the only player to play in all three Manchester, Merseyside and Old Firm derbies?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned
I think Kanchelskis is right' date=' but i dont think cole played for arsenal or blackburn.[/quote']

I'm afraid that he did.

He started his career at Arsenal before being released and joining Bristol City, where he then moved to Newcastle and became a fans favourite. He was then controversially sold to Man Utd where he scored barrowloads and won league medals. After a number of seasons there he was sold to Blackburn where he had a less than successful spell before ending up at Fulham, where he presently plays.

And no, I didn't need to google that.

I liked this one i got asked awhile ago, its possibly changed a bit now im not sure so its not including Stuart Pearce, anyway the fuckin question!

What 4 premiership managers has David Beckham played in the same team as? played not been managed by remember! I don't know if Stuart Pearce played with him for England so don't count him.

And i never googled :nono:

Guest tv tanned
I always like the easy' date=' 'What footballing uncle and nephew played in teh Premiership for the same team at the same time?'[/quote']

Gary Kelly & Ian Harte, Leeds United.

How about the equally easy:

Sunderland did it in 1979

Villa did it in 1981

Who did it in 1995' date=' and what is it?[/quote']

Rideout, who like Sunderland and Villa before him, scored the winning goal in the FA Cup Final.

Here is one:

Who is the only premiership player to have scored a hat trick with 3 different clubs?

Guest tv tanned
Rideout' date=' who like Sunderland and Villa before him, scored the winning goal in the FA Cup Final.

Here is one:

Who is the only premiership player to have scored a hat trick with 3 different clubs?[/quote']

Hasselbaink?

Leeds, Chelsea and Middlesborough

Guest tv tanned
I was thinking about Kevin Campbell' date=' but I am sure Hasselbaink probably has scored a hat trick for three clubs too.

Ok, here is another one: Name a player that has missed three penalties in one game?[/quote']

I remember watching the Copa America when Martin Palermo of Argentina missed three pens in one match against Colombia.

Or were you thinking of Kevin Campbell again? :)