aberdeen-music

wimbledon 2005

delboy

watch tim henman scoot to the quarter finals before getting knocked out (again....), i hate the way the little poof clentches his fist when he wins a crucial point, so british.... why doesnt he face facts the likes of federer and hewitt are so much better than him, but hey us brits love a loser dont we?

and worth watching the coverage for when john mcenroe is commentating - says it as it is!

A lot of the top players do the whole clenched fist/ fist pump thing. I don't think it's arrogant or 'poof-ish' - just a reflection of the levels of concentration and intensity that they're under.

And he *knows* they're better than him - have you ever heard him say otherwise? I personally feel really sorry for the guy for all the slights and shitty press he gets. He's consistently in the world top ten rankings (currently 9th), which to be fair is no easy achievement. So what if he never wins a major - who the fuck are we to criticise. What are we in the top ten world rankings of, apart from being moaney gits who only support people who win all the time?

I must admit, I can't stand all that 'C'MON TIM!' rubbish, between points, buy hey, fair play to the geezer for coming back every year. You've got to use every possible thing to your advantage, and if he gets geed up by the crowd etc, then fair cop. Personally I would love to see him win Wimbledon. I don't think he will, and I won't be losing any sleep over it, but give the boy his dues. So would you rather him say 'Yep, I accept that Federer and Hewitt are better than me, so I won't bother turning up'???? And anyway, getting to the Quarter Finals of Wimbledon is hardly an achievement representative of a loser. That sounds like a 'tryer' to me.

I ahve to agree with charlotte about henman, the press coverage he gets can be tiresome and annoying and sometimes i dislike how he comes across hinself as wel, but he is actually a very good tennis player. If everyone of his level or worse quit, then we'd have very few tennis players. The point of the major cahmpionships like wimbledon is that they are won by truly outstanding players and won many times by the true greats of the game. Not winning does not automatically make you a bad player. I am sure he will never win wimbledon, his best years are behind him, unfortunately for him old pistol pete was still around when he had some of his best chances. With federer here now tim doesn't really have chance.

Everyone loves a good moan about tim....

He is a very good tennis player...probably the most attacking player on the circuit...and if he could match roddicks/federer/hewitts power then he would most certainly be winning major titles...but he cant so pfft....

And yes he is a top 10 player for a reason and is normally seeded about 5 for all competitions because he is probably the most consistant player on the circuit (barring federer) because he gets the quarters of almost every comp!

Guest haigyman
If I was that shit at my job I'd get the sack.

that shit? like...rated 9th best in the world at it.

fucking hell your work must be pretty strict, i reckon i'm about the 3287429th best coffee shop guy in the world, yet thankfully tesco keep me on.

that shit? like...rated 9th best in the world at it.

fucking hell your work must be pretty strict' date=' i reckon i'm about the 3287429th best coffee shop guy in the world, yet thankfully tesco keep me on.[/quote']

:laughing:

They should have a coffee shop guy tournament.

Guest haigyman
He could be blue' date=' have tennis rackets for arms, and a tiny tennis racket penis; it doesn't change the fact that NEIGHBOURS IS OFF FOR 2 WEEKS! BASTARDS![/quote']

i wish someone would set up torrents so we could download it from australia

A break from Neighbours makes me appreciate it more. Or something like that...

I'm looking forward to chilling out with some strawbs and watching Wimbledon. I hope Roddick wins this year after another Queens victory and last year's final defeat. He more than deserves it. Best of luck to Andrew Murray too, what an impressive showing in the US Juniors win last year. :) Ah, gotta love the tennis.

I must say I don't have much love for Tim, but it would be nice if Henmania could have their moment of happiness. Maybe.

I was right beside Wimbledon yesterday. Quite fancied a look but all the matches had finished. And I'd spent all my money in Camden. Oh dear.

can i use this thread as an excuse to post pictures of hot tennis chicks? i think i can:

sh19index.jpg

maria sharapova

IW03-33-18.jpg

jelena dokic

ana3.jpg

ana ivanovic

dh101.jpg

daniela hantuchova

mh58.jpg

and a picture of martina hingis just cause she was my fave.

anyone got any other faves? to be honest i'd never heard of ana ivanovic until this months arena, but she looks hot so i thought i'd share.