aberdeen-music

Forum Organisation Change

Neil

As you have all no doubt noticed the organisation of the forums has been changed somewhat significantly in the last couple of hours. The reason I made these changes is to address some of the excellent feedback I've received from our forum members as well as put the web site in "better shape" for future expansion and development.

In order to minimise confusion here is a list of all the new and updated forums along with their intended purpose:

NEW: All Music Discussion This forum should be used for any music related discussion and debate on a local level or otherwise. This is a brand new forum and attempts to catch the occasional, decent music related discussion that would sometimes find itself in The Wasteland. As with all other forums the content of this forum will be closely monitored and any off-topic posts will be deleted/closed/moved elsewhere.

UPDATED: Feedback Forum This forum was originally called the Reviews & Recommendations forum but has now been renamed and updated to reflect a slightly different purpose. This forum should now be used to post constructive feedback on any gigs, records or events you have seen/heard. The emphasis in on local bands and local record releases but it is not the rule.

UPDATED: Other Clubs & Venues This was originally called the Clubs & Venues forum and is now the forum for topics regarding any club or venue in the Aberdeen area that does not already have a dedicated forum on aberdeen-music.com.

All other forums remain as before and none have been removed but as you will see a number of them have been moved to what should be more sensible categories.

Three new local bands have also decided to host their official forums on Aberdeen-music.com. So please take a moment to check them out! These bands are Gilman Street, My Minds Weapon and Orwell.

Reminder on Gig Announcements

Despite previous guidance people are still insisting on posting gig announcements within The Wasteland forum. This is not what this forum is for. The Wasteland forum exists solely for any off-topic discussion.

If you wish to announce a gig then please use the Gig & Event Announcements forum and if you wish to give people the opportunity to discuss your gig then feel free to post a similar announcement in your own forum (if you have one) OR the venue's forum. If you wish to discuss a gig that you have been to then please use the Feedback Forum. Thank you for your co-operation.

As always if any of you have any feedback to give regarding the changes or any other element of this web site then please post them in the Comments & Suggestions forum or alternatively contact me privately via e-mail or private message. Thanks!