aberdeen-music

Why aren't you a supporter?

Guest Cowboy Dan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

oddly enough I haven't bothered to give you a negative scene point as you aren't worth me wasting my time.

Nice signature, kind of confirms your underdeveloped social skills

Guest tv tanned

not exactly a day at the beach yourself Samantha

-edit- i also wonder why, in the face of opposition from other quarters, you have chosen to single me out... -/edit-

Guest tv tanned
points.jpg

C'mon "tv tanned" admit it' date=' you wouldn't even notice 2 a month missing, you're just too shit.[/quote']

actually, yes I would, and jokes about my weight are about as comedic as jokes about your last name

Guest haigyman
actually' date=' yes I would, and jokes about my weight are about as comedic as jokes about your last name[/quote']

howtf can ANYONE budget THAT thoroughly

Guest Cowboy Dan

I never made the joke.

How can that possibly be true!? You've finished uni and now work full time, no? So surely you'd only have to work for about 10-15 minutes to make 2, nothing in comparision to the amount of time you're on here in a month...

Guest tv tanned

well, come back to me when you have mortgage repayments, phone bills, gas bills, electric bills, council tax bills, direct debits, bus passes, membership fees, shopping bills and savings for your wedding coming out of your account and tell me that 2 per month would not be missed.

I have enough monthly outgoings as it is thank you very much.

I just can't believe for the amount of hours half of you spend on this site every month you're not even willing to donate a measly 2 to assist Neil in running the service.

I'm paying less than 10p an hour for usage a month ;)

I fully understand why people choose not to be supporters or whatever but I refuse to believe that people can't spare 2 a month. I don't care how skint you are - 50p a week? I'm not exactly rolling in it but even walking a few bus stops closer to your work for example could save you 10p a day. If you work 5 days a week that's your 50p provided AND you get lovely exercise! Huzzah! :p

1. It ain't compulsory

2. I have other things which I need to spend my money on right now' date=' which are more important than being a supporter of this site.

3. As far as I can tell, my life does not feel any emptier as a result of my non-supporter status.

4. If at any time Neil were to decide those of us who are not supporters were no longer welcome, so be it.

5. As Stuart rightly says, why should I justify my spending habits to you?[/quote']

Should've been left at that. All fair enough points.

There's no real reason to close this thread just now, but if people are going to continue to be singled out and badgered about becoming a supporter within it then it's going to go.

At the end of the day people don't have to give 2 a month if they don't want to.

Yeah, Psydoll, although I don't advertise the fact I will accept cash under extreme circumstances (i.e. someone hates/can't use/won't use PayPal) but it has to be for a year or 6 months in advance. It would be silly sending me a cheque for 2 through the post each month. Also, another reason why I insist on paying via PayPal is because it keeps all the aberdeen-music.com money in it's own PayPal account. If it goes anywhere near my own bank account then it would most likely go to help paying my cider habit - not funding the web site. :)

The Supporters Scheme will always remain optional and I'm not going to start badgering people or trying to make them feel guilty about not signing up to it. It's there for people who can afford it to get a few perks on the web site and at the same time help fund the web site's continued operation. I do hope to add a few more perks to the scheme over time though which will hopefully make it a little more tempting for some people.

Info on the scheme can always be found in the following FAQ article:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item5

Guest Logan
I do hope to add a few more perks to the scheme over time though which will hopefully make it a little more tempting for some people.

How about bigger avatars (obviously nothing too big, just maybe 150 x 150)

or increasing the maximum file size for them (again, not by too much!)

How about bigger avatars (obviously nothing too big' date=' just maybe 150 x 150)

or increasing the maximum file size for them (again, not by too much!)[/quote']

Is there really a need for that? I think the avatars are a good size, It would look weird supporters and regulars having different sizes.

Because I'm better than everyone else at everything.

I just can't believe for the amount of hours half of you spend on this site every month you're not even willing to donate a measly 2 to assist Neil in running the service. It's pathetic.

Can you say 'high horse'? I am not a supporter simply because I choose not to be and if you don't like it you can kiss my big white arse.

Guest Logan
Is there really a need for that? I think the avatars are a good size' date=' It would look weird supporters and regulars having different sizes.[/quote']

an increase in 50% will hardly look that out of place! And it still doesn't stop people using 100 x 100 size!