aberdeen-music

Why aren't you a supporter?

Guest Cowboy Dan

A mixture of Paypal's stupidity and my own laziness. I was a supporter until a few months ago, when the credit card I had set up on my paypal account expired. Keep in mind that this card was my backup payment, because everything I put through paypal comes straight from my bank account by default. Paypal cancelled my subscription because my BACKUP method expired. Way to go Paypal.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cowboy Dan
i can't be assed setting up paypall just so i can have some witty line under every post i make

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some witty line

So you'll just keep coming for free and making witty posts?

"witty post"

Guest tv tanned

1. It ain't compulsory

2. I have other things which I need to spend my money on right now, which are more important than being a supporter of this site.

3. As far as I can tell, my life does not feel any emptier as a result of my non-supporter status.

4. If at any time Neil were to decide those of us who are not supporters were no longer welcome, so be it.

5. As Stuart rightly says, why should I justify my spending habits to you?

Guest Cowboy Dan
Why should anyone have to justify their spending habits to you ?

Cheers

Stuart

Because I'm better than everyone else at everything.

I just can't believe for the amount of hours half of you spend on this site every month you're not even willing to donate a measly 2 to assist Neil in running the service. It's pathetic.

Because I'm better than everyone else at everything.

I just can't believe for the amount of hours half of you spend on this site every month you're not even willing to donate a measly 2 to assist Neil in running the service. It's pathetic.

But it's not as simple as that, people might genuinelly not have the cash to do it, and they shouldnt feel badgered into it by you or anyone else, the site is now making money and is self sufficient, which is a lot to do with people generously giving, and people will continue to give generously i'm sure, but this is not a subscription site and Neil deliberately runs it as he does because he doesnt expect everyone to be able to be a supporter. The point of the supporter system is that those who can afford it help in ways they can, and I know how much Neil appreciates it, but its everyone supporter or not who makes this site successfull. At some point when my finances are sorted I will become a supporter but right now i do have more important things to spend my money on, and until I make the conscious decision to become a supporter on my own then I dont need you questioning what I choose.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest tv tanned
That is seriously un-cool a) taking a picture of that guy b) using it for some sort moronic comedy value. :down:

Indeed, it's pathetic as some might say

Guest haigyman
It's going to be a good day when some of the middle class pricks who think making fun of the less fortunate in society is amusing get their comeuppance.

WHEN? have...have they set a date?