aberdeen-music

Alabama 3 - Outlaw

Haven't had much chance to listen to this until this weekend, wasn't too sure about it at first, but on repeat listenings, it's definitely a mighty return to form for the 3. Starts off with Last Train To Mashville, which is a bit too Power In The Blood-y, but from then on is proper, 3-style country.

Highlights are Terra Firma Cowboy Blues, Have You Seen Bruce Richard Reynolds? (the Johnny Cash song Johnny Cash never sang) and How Can I Protect You - the most pop song they've done since Exile On Main Street.

Like Johnny Cash? Go buy.

Haven't had much chance to listen to this until this weekend' date=' wasn't too sure about it at first, but on repeat listenings, it's definitely a mighty return to form for the 3. Starts off with Last Train To Mashville, which is a bit too Power In The Blood-y, but from then on is proper, 3-style country.

Highlights are Terra Firma Cowboy Blues, Have You Seen Bruce Richard Reynolds? (the Johnny Cash song Johnny Cash never sang) and How Can I Protect You - the most pop song they've done since Exile On Main Street.

Like Johnny Cash? Go buy.[/quote']

The new material sounds brilliant live, too. Honey In The Rock and Hello, I'm Johnny Cash were definite highlights of the Glasgow Carling gig.

Overall it has taken me a few listens to fully get in to it, but with the windows wound down and the heat sweltering in to the car yesterday morning I think I finally fully clicked with the whole album.

Couldn't go to the Academy gig due to my mate (inconsiderately) getting married that day' date=' but will definitely be there at the T on the Fringe gig. A few of the songs sounded familiar, so it may be that they've been playing them live for a couple of years now, or may be from the demos my mate has for PITB.[/quote']

It was the first time I'd managed to catch them live, but it was a bloody good show. Managed to (for once) make the effort to go front row, in front of the Rev D. Wayne.