aberdeen-music

Fender Strat vs AK47

Guest Main Agent

I've never seen anyone do an atrocious version of stairway to heaven with an AK47...

Ahh, but the really bad stairway tactic tends to be a close-range assault, typically a confined space such as a bedroom, garage, ormusic shop.

Not what you'd use an AK for. And not what you should use a Fender for, either. A more suitable tool for the purpose can be bought from Grattan's.

The AK is more unforgiving than a Fender, in that it does not depend on tone-deafness or overconfidence in one's own abilities to inflict serious damage on the perpetrator of violence in a small space.

i wouldnt like to be on the recieving end of a fender strat swung at my head, though since they are rather unweildy weapons, it would probably be easy enough to dodge...

an AK47 on the other hand you dont really have much chance against, depending of course whether it has bullets in it, or alternatively a knife stuck to the end being stabbed in your direction

AK47s dont sound as good through a cranked marshall though

David

• 7 months later...

Strat vs AK47

Get of hold of the 1980 interview with Alex Harvey. He gives a great explanation of the penetrative power of the Strat (although it might have been a Tele) over an AK47.

PM me if you are interested and I'll mp3/wma/mpg a copy for you - it's affy interesting.

My own take on though, it is that musicians own Strats, whereas anyone outside the armes forces who owns a Kalashnikov AK47 (or any gun for that matter) is likely to be a sorry little toss who got "kicked f**k out of" or to use modern parlance "bitch-slapped" by his peers at school and is "angry" with the world. Small, limp ineffectual penis too.

These "little jobbies" also watch Kung-Fu movies and adore such cinematic bobbins as "Flying Pish, Crouching Shite", and "Kill Pishy Wankstain Bill, Vols 1&2". :laughing:

Love & peace

DZL

Guest DustyDeviada

People on here are really fucking stupid. I bet most of the bands that people on here like have used a strat on one of their recordings at some point or another.

It's completely pointless saying that a strat is crap, or a les paul's crap or whatever. They are completely different beasts, they do different things and what they do, they do well.

Personally I think everyone should own at least one good strat and one good les paul. ;)

Back on topic, all I'll add is "This is the AK-47 Assault Rifle, the preferred weapon of our enemy. It makes a distinctive sound when fired."

But then so does the strat.

People on here are really fucking stupid. I bet most of the bands that people on here like have used a strat on one of their recordings at some point or another.

It's completely pointless saying that a strat is crap' date=' or a les paul's crap or whatever. They are completely different beasts, they do different things and what they do, they do well.

Personally I think everyone should own at least one good strat and one good les paul. ;)

Back on topic, all I'll add is "This is the AK-47 Assault Rifle, the preferred weapon of our enemy. It makes a distinctive sound when fired."

But then so does the strat.[/quote']

I'm with you bro'

I own both and they are very different beasts, but both great in their own right.

As for the AK47, I'm sure it's a fine weapon, but exactly WHAT has it got do with music?

Tosspots like Tarantino have glamourised gunplay to the point where idiots think it's "cool" when folk get shot. Probably the same sad c*nts, who, if faced with the business end of a gun, would shite themselves. And don't start me on that cheesy "gangsta" holding-the-gun-sideways-whilst-holding-up-some-poor-hardworking-grocer pish that 50-Cent and his sampling-other-c*unts-music-coz-we-canny-write-our-own cronies promote.

Oh dear, I've gone off on one anyway, back to guitars - Strats good, 'Pauls also good, Guns bad.

DZL

Ps - no prizes for guessing who's been at the wrong end of a shotgun???

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah but I bet they all changed the pickups first - If I wanted my guitar to jangle' date=' I'd buy a 12 string thanks![/quote']

I think you would be surprised how many acts who are known as using humbuckers would also use a strat or tele (stock) in the studio to add a different texture to a recording.

Anyway, messrs. Hendrix and Vaughn seemed to get a beefy enough tone out of their strats without swapping their pickups. :gringo:

I think you would be surprised how many acts who are known as using humbuckers would also use a strat or tele (stock) in the studio to add a different texture to a recording.

Anyway' date=' messrs. Hendrix and Vaughn seemed to get a beefy enough tone out of their strats without swapping their pickups. :gringo:[/quote']

Correct - I know many pro musicians who would not be without their Tele in the studio. I'm pretty sure a certain Mr Page recorded the "Stairway..." solos on a Tele.

I do all my practicing on my Strat becaase it's lightweight, has a clear sound and forces me to stretch across the frets more. When I move back to my 'Paul or Ibanez I find them a breeze as the strech becomes relatively effortless.

DZL

Guest DustyDeviada
Correct - I know many pro musicians who would not be without their Tele in the studio. I'm pretty sure a certain Mr Page recorded the "Stairway..." solos on a Tele.

Pretty much the whole of the first album was done on a tele.

Armed groups that use the AK-47 tend to be the 'goodies'..

as has been pointed out, that's not a very accurate call. AK's are typically favoured by russians and many of the middle eastern 'enemies' portrayed in films due to the fact that they are cheap and in ready supply. the classic film goodies, since Vietnam will be americans using M16's, occasionally brits with SA80's and special forces and assorted others (such as John McClane) using MP5's.

The AK is quoted as having an effective killing range of 1750metres. What's the equivalent for a strat? does it have an effect on the killing range when you set the selector to a different pickup? what about the wood used for fretboards? i'd guess maple gives it more power!

/x