aberdeen-music

Acoustic Ladyland

misterdale

I had a great time' date=' though the turn out was a bit poor. Is the drummer actually from Aberdeen or was that just bollocks ?[/quote']

I'd have said the turn out was pretty good, "acceptable" in the words of Lemon Tree marketing man. The drummer is from Aberdeen, a former Grammar School pupil.

I had a great time' date=' though the turn out was a bit poor. Is the drummer actually from Aberdeen or was that just bollocks ?[/quote']

yeah he is, i work with one of his many sisters, i wouldn't of gone really if it wasn't for her but glad i did.

Seb's band Polar Bear played at the aberdeen jazz festival not long ago in the blue lamp

two other members of acoustic ladyland are in polar bear as well but seb writes all the music.

I'd have said the turn out was pretty good' date=' "acceptable" in the words of Lemon Tree marketing man. The drummer[b'] is from Aberdeen, a former Grammar School pupil.

Yeah a great gig, four amazing musicians (all very talented, but i thought the bass player was particularly good and possibly the element that more than any other lifted them above most less accessible contemporary jazz).

Hopefully we'll get them up again to a bigger audience, but as Graeme says I don't think the attendance was too disappointing and, according to the Sax player, pretty much the same as they'd had in Glasgow the night before. There's usually going to be a pretty limited audience for something as avante garde - though I did hope their <i>Later...</i> appearance might have made for even better ticket sales.

Anyway thanks to all who came along and contributed to a very memorable night.

Yeah a great gig' date=' four amazing musicians (all very talented, but i thought the bass player was particularly good and possibly the element that more than any other lifted them above most less accessible contemporary jazz).

Hopefully we'll get them up again to a bigger audience, but as Graeme says I don't think the attendance was too disappointing and, according to the Sax player, pretty much the same as they'd had in Glasgow the night before. There's usually going to be a pretty limited audience for something as avante garde - though I did hope their <i>Later...</i> appearance might have made for even better ticket sales.

Anyway thanks to all who came along and contributed to a very memorable night.[/quote']

yeh the bass player was exceptional, but then they all were.........

haven't been to a tribute/covers band b4?????????

Angel completely blew me out the water

As somebody said to me about our gigs "quality not quantity

makes for a much better experience" & its true.

more eclectica please lemon tree

buzzword

homespun

I like your stealth, buzzword Marketing Chilli, but I reckon it's time to unleash the details to the good people who have contributed to this post? It's been in the e-mail informer and the brochure will be out by Wednesday (not in the post - that'll be a few days later - but at the venue) so no need to hold back methinks:

Interesting Music Promotions present:

Homespun featuring FOUND & Radio Magnetic Soundsystem

Saturday 17 September 2005

Studio Theatre

Tickets 3

Doors Open: 8.30pm

Show Starts: 9pm

Since the beginning of 2005, an ensemble of southern dwelling musicians and artists, calling themselves FOUND, have been grooving heads left, right and centre with their unique blend of visual art and music. In fact, they've already made such an impact that the PRS Foundation have decided to award FOUND the prestigious 'Live Connections Award' to stage this one off multi-media event. For this specially commissioned performance FOUND will set about hand crafting 200 CD covers using sewing machines, staplers, guillotines, stencils . ..

they will sample and loop the sounds made by these devices to form a live

musical composition into which they will incorporate their own songs. Once

finished they will burn 200 CD-Rs of the performance, slot them neatly into

the handmade sleeves and distribute them for free to everyone who attends. Or at least, that's the plan!

While FOUND are bustin... their onions duplicating 200 CDs, Glasgow's finest, the Radio Magnetic

Sound System will entertain the crowd with a specially prepared interactive DJ set. And all of this for only 3!!!

www.surfacepressure.co.uk/found

www.prsfoundation.co.uk

www.radiomagnetic.com