aberdeen-music

Cruise & Holmes

Afro Droid

Although celebrities, and in particular Hollywood movie stars, are desperate for publicity and column inches, I do doubt that someone would actually get married just to get publicity. Surely there are various other ways to gain publicity, which do not have the repercussions that marriage does. For example, playing Live8 and talking about poverty in Africa seems quite popular in celebrity land today.

Guest *alex*

At first i thought it was just a publicity stunt...but now, after seeing them together on tv a couple of times, and seperately, the way they act, actually publicly dancing around and humilating themselves, surely they must be in love. I mean, i'd only humilate myself on tv screens across the world by jumping around like a pansy if i was in love, not to advertise my new movie when i'm already a famous millionaire movie star.

When a movie stars Tom Cruise, the only words they need to make people go see the filmm are "Tom Cruise". I don't think it's to promote their movies.

Good luck to 'em i say.

At first i thought it was just a publicity stunt...but now' date=' after seeing them together on tv a couple of times, and seperately, the way they act, actually publicly dancing around and humilating themselves, surely they must be in love. I mean, i'd only humilate myself on tv screens across the world by jumping around like a pansy if i was in love, not to advertise my new movie when i'm already a famous millionaire movie star.

[/quote']

Tom Cruise has been humiliating himself in bad films since I was the same height as him, which was a very long time ago. Therefore, I do not think humiliating himself with his new girlfriend is going to do his career any harm.

Guest *alex*

I heard that the reason his first two marriages split up were because they were unable to have children. But Tom and Katie are planning on having children...so surely he -can- but his previous wives couldn't?..gah, i dunno..

they wouldn't spawn wholesome children though' date=' because tom cruise is sterile, which is why he adopted his kids with nicole kidman.[/quote']

well i dont know much about tom cruise's semen, but i have been told know nicole kidman has a chromosomal abnormality making her infertile with ambigously sexed genitals.

Apparently Tom Cruise and Brooke Shields are having a "long-running feud" or whatever. So after Cruise commented that Brooke's career was practically non-existent, she told the press that she had offered him two tickets to see her in Chicago. And that one was a child ticket, for Katie Holmes, who is 16 years younger than him.

HAHA.

• 2 weeks later...

She wants him because he offers mass security... wants to settle down... have children etc (and it's tom cruise - stupidly charming) to be honest...if you were single and didn't mind his height... you'd be daft to say no.

He wants her because she's sweet, uncorrupted, caring and he knows she is loyal. I think he knows he's on his last legs as a heart-throb and doesn't want to spend the rest of his life alone. Katie is young enough and independant enough so he doesnt have to worry about her.

I think they make a great couple.