aberdeen-music

Batman Begins

Guest Logan

Went to see it today with high hopes' date=' I was entertained for the duration, but overall I was very disappointed. Batman looked like shit, Katie Holmes' character was pointless, the only great character was Liam Neeson's, he was perfect. It felt like half of the dialog was written with idiots in mind. How many times did the guy in Wayne Towers have to repeat his point? He was hilariously bad.

I won't mention too much for those that haven't seen it, but there was so much pointless and unexplainable shit. Plus, have they forgotten how the Joker came to be?

Worth seeing for a few hours of entertainment, but don't go in expecting the world. :([/quote']

Thank God soemone agrees with me... everyone seems to love it, but I thought the script was totally lame and his 'Batman' voice was so utterly lame it was annoying! Nowhere near as good as Spiderman. Not the worst movie ever, but certainly not as good as it could have been...

Everyone else I've spoken to thought it was utterly amazing, and I just don't understand why!

I loved it!! I could of quite easily gone straight into the next showing. I wasn't expecting great things of this movie but i thought it was done really well. The Batman voice did have me giggling to myself every time he spoke tho, it was a big cheesy to say the least. Katie Holmes was pointless but wasn't half as annoying as i was expecting her to be.

I want Batman as my next boyfriend.

Is this going to be ANOTHER film that Logan rates as "TEH BESTEST EVAH!" that turns out to be hyped pish? (See: Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions' date=' Van Helsing etc etc etc), or is it ACTUALLY going to be good? Looking forward to it anyway.....[/quote']

it did infact turn out to be just that

sorry logan but the film at best was just above average

sure it will be great for those who love the mythology of batman and it sticking to the traditional story, but it lacked any real excitement pretty throughout the film. no real moments that were that interesting and as the anty of how films should be has been risen greatly i feel that it should have been alot better.

the main thing that got to me were the fight scenes where it was made far too blurry and the camera editing made it far too difficult to see anything let alone the fighting.

VERY GOOD FILM! yes i enjoyed the movie and yes, it was the best Batman movie so far by a long way (liked the build up and bruces training - liam neeson is ace). All the cast were ace and a really good fit cept joey, or katie holmes as she is 'known' was a bit crap, playing the same type she always does! Bit too many one liners from alfred at the wrong times - like when bruce is trapped under the burning beam etc. And Bale was brilliant and it all - jeez he has filled out, pecs wahey - except for the voice when he is Batman, it s a wee tiny bit too much. Overall - for a Batman (or any comic book movie) is is a 9.7 but for an overall movie its about 8.2. Good entertainment - now think i can fly from buildings - away to try it, lol

overall i really liked the film. that main thing that is annoying me is the plot holes.

i thought the cast couldnt have been better (apart from katie holmes, she is so shit), but i do agree with alie, the fight scenes were too blurry and abit boring really. but i think i will watch the next one when it comes out.

saw it last night, thought it was great, but, the plot hole about the microwave was an amzingly bad oversight...err...wouldn't that vaporise all the water in your body too mr Neeson ?...ah, bidy water is different to water water...

loved the suit and all the gadgets...ace, much fun.

mr Bale too, he makes a great batman.

peep

saw it last night' date=' thought it was great, but, the plot hole about the microwave was an amzingly bad oversight...err...wouldn't that vaporise all the water in your body too mr Neeson ?...ah, bidy water is different to water water...[/quote']

That bothered me too, but in true golden age comic fashion, I'm just going to assume that a Wizard did it.

sheeit...

I forgot about wizards...

I suppose, that's how engrossed I was with Batman...

as for the scarecrow, If I was a 12 year old kid watching that, I'd have to wait till everyone left the cinema, and shuffle off to the toilet to empty my shorts....

fuck me, I was scared of peoples faces melting in Indiana Jones when It first came out !

Guest Logan
"Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

haha, nae luck! She was the worst thing about the movie, so this sequel is going to be even better!! ^_^

i think get one of the actresses i said up there for harley to be the love interest...(one not used for harley) or someone like Juliette Lewis/ Clare Danes/ Scarlett Johannson/ Famke Jansen etc...my opinion.....Just NOT Rachel McAdams

They could always get Nicole Kidman..that would really drive the knife into Katie Holmes :p

I think the fight scenes were so fast and blurry to earn the lower rating, as you never really see any physical contact.

The fight scenes were deliberately cut that way to make it seem more visceral and frightening, as it's supposed to convey the point of view of the bad guys. Apparently.

Personal opinion; good movie. Far closer to the comics than the previous franchise. Batman / Bruce are two people to begin with, but you can see that he's beginning to merge, which leads on to him taking the first Robin under his wing. I've heard rumour another three movies are planned, but we'll see on that one.

For playing such a well recognised character, I think Bale did okay for a first shot. I hope he fleshes out a bit more, acting wise, for the second movie.