aberdeen-music

Ok, where should we record?

Hog

My sister's old band (who were doing quite well a few years ago - Radio 1, MTV2 etc) were offered a 5000 deal to tour the UK with a well known indie rock band.

They had to pay

• 1 month later...
I must disagree with Flash and agree with some of what Cloud says here and the reason is as follows:

There is a complete mismatch with and an utter disregard of reality by most people running 'demo rooms' project studio' (call them what you will.) There is a real belief that somehow a cheap desk can do what an Amek' date=' Neve or SSL desk can do. Many in the project World honestly believe that somehow a budget mic will sound every bit as good as a Neumann or Brauner. They actually and honestly think that somehow a set of plugins in ProTools, CuBase or CoolEdit will give the same results as a rack full of hardware costing tens of thousands. They believe that thier garage or bedroom conversion will sound as good as the main room at Air.

I'll put this bluntly: You can no more build a commercial studio for a few thousand, than you can start a taxi company by bolting two bicycles together and calling it a car - or start a JCB hire company with a bucket and spade.

Most musicians have got their own project studio where they can record into CoodEdit or PT-Lite and do some bar-beat editing - most will have their own PA mixers and a load of stage mics like SM57s and 58s. They are looking for something that they do NOT have - like good mics, a grand piano, a big room that sounds nice, a proper drum room, a real monitoring system, a choice of multitracks, good 5.1 monitoring with a choice of systems and so on. They certainly do not need what they have already at home in the garage!

That is why demo studios struggle to get clients.

There is a complete parallel universe thing going on here. This other universe is sadly being fed by the home-studio industry and they (i.e. the manufacturers of semi-pro kit) perpetuate all kinds of myths and good old fashioned untruths in order to sell their boxes.

These myths include out and out lies like:

- Many hit records have been recorded at home on a computer

- Plugins can do everything real studio hardware can do

- A hit record will make you rich

- You don't need to learn about music to succeed

- Samples are as good as the real thing

People spend huge sums of money chasing these myths. They buy channel strips and tons of software and all kinds of Chinese microphones from the likes of AT, Rode, SE etc. and waste vast amounts on mickey-mouse monitors from Behringer, Mackie, Samson, etc. Worst still, they attend courses in audio technology, believing that there is a career out there (somewhere) for them, not realising that there are about 50 full-time, commercial recording studios in the whole of the UK.

Just as there is no number of bicycles you can tie together to build a taxi company, there is no number of cheap mics or Yamaha desks you can install to build a studio. There are standard pieces of kit that every studio has to have to attract clients, just as a London taxi company has to have an Austin Taxi, or a JCB digger hire company has to have a line of JCB Site-Masters.

Hey Flash! Could you sell home-brew in paper cups in your bar? How about bar stools from Ikea? Or a PA made from a hi-fi from Asda? Na, I didn't think so!

Hey, don't shoot the messenger - it's the way it is.

Cheers - Andrew

[url']www.the-byre.com

I keep running in to your posts. In EVERY one you are totally negative about EVERY aspect of the scene in Aberdeen. I cant stand to see is someone like you sapping the life out of budding (mostly) young musicians. Your the absaloute epitomy of DONT EVEN TRY.....DONT EVEN HOPE. Yet through all your negativity you always underline your points with an ad for your own studio. I dont know why anyone hasnt pulled you up, but I can only guess that most on this board lack the experience in this soul detroying industry as you clearly have.

Heres a little thought for you. WHO THE WANTS TO TRAPES OUT IN THE COUNTRY TO RECORD.... where do you people get this idea that we need tranquility when recording. Shit man, I need a vibe when recording. I dont care if its in a sewer, if its got a vibe thats what I want. The ability to nip out for a Mcdonalds or go to a club after recording a happening session is something bands like doing. I cant very well do that in Auchtermithy Can I?

Its not just the vibe of a studio that can get the creative juices flowing. Did you forget aboput the engineer. You have not mentioned how important this fact is one time on any of your posts. But you certainly mention Soundscape and tout it as if its some sort of biggie recording medium which its not. Your kinda weird actually. You have a great equipment list consisting of tools, Radar, Logic, soundscape, Pyramix, Radar Maybe even Fairlight MFX? and some other stuff. BUT, I bet very few have heard of Pyramix or Soundscape or Radar. Yet I bet most have heard of Pro Tools, and everytime you or someone on teh board mentions Pro Tools (i mean your expensive HD3 system) you always seem to shy from it, or mildly put it down. In one thread you actually said "I have a PTHD3 system but I will charge you 100 pounds per day extra to use it, and amazingly you go on to say 'Do you really need that"' ????? And the question sounded to me like someone was looking to hire a studio with a PTs facility. Didnt it cross your mind that seamless compatability was an important factor in the question. And is that the way you encourage bands to use your PTHD3 system in your studio.? Not exactkly good PR is it.

However, in this thread you really went for the jugular. Big deal if the guys small studio advertises London Quality Sound (even though theres no such thing). what harm is he doing?. Basic bully boy tactic. How do you know hes not good at his craft? You also make a big deal that the quality of the recordings is down to the equipment. Actually your equipment list doesnt excite me one bit. You have very few botique toys....... You come across as all big n corporate yet your hanging around forums where unsigned bands hang out and basically piss all over the scene and the studios which I suppose you percieve as your competition. But way you bothered? Youve got clients all over the world. Why bother posting constant negativity? your not inspiring anyone. BTW, I have to mention. I produced/mixed/engineered a track that charted at number three in the UK charts. I mixed it using a Mackie SR24. A complete pile of crap you will agree. In your world budget gear cant work, doesnt work. What do you have to say about that then?

Frankly im suprised that you get work from abroad, and have the facility you have. Personally I think your general attitude stinks and god help any band that gets the life drained out of them after a weary recording session with you. They will definitely pack it in and get a real job.

My advice to you is try and INSPIRE. If theres youthful or even elderly wannabes here then surely a man with your experience could actually consider dishing out some inspiring advice. Go on, im sure that if you dig deep enough you could pull out some remnant of your optimistic youth and share some of the wisdom without a lecture.

really, your running rampant around here and making as much sense as this guy :swearing:

someone has to set a balance when you post one of your heavily slanted and ill informed opinions. keep cool dude :rockon:

You should take your own advise...

You should make your point without the personal insults.....it makes you look like a 14 yr old....in fact quite a lot of your post makes you look a bit immature.

I agree with you. I have edited the post. If I still look immature then so be it.

:cheers:

OK here's my version:

I keep running in to your posts. In EVERY one you are totally negative about EVERY aspect of food in Aberdeen. I cant stand to see is someone like you sapping the life out of budding (mostly) young chefs. Your the absaloute epitomy of DONT EVEN TRY.....DONT EVEN HOPE. Yet through all your negativity you always underline your points with an ad for your own restaurant. I dont know why anyone hasnt pulled you up' date=' but I can only guess that most on this board lack the experience in this soul detroying industry as you clearly have.

Heres a little thought for you. WHO THE WANTS TO TRAPES OUT IN THE COUNTRY TO EAT.... where do you people get this idea that we need tranquility when dining. Shit man, I need a vibe when eating. I dont care if its in a sewer, if its got a vibe thats what I want. The ability to nip out for a MacDonalds then go for a beer, or visit a strip club after wolfing it down is something people like doing. I cant very well do that in Auchtermithy Can I?

Its not just the vibe of a kitchen that can get the creative juices flowing. Did you forget aboput the Maitre D'. You have not mentioned how important this fact is one time on any of your posts. But you certainly mention Chateaubriand and tout it as if its some sort of biggie dining Experience which its not. Your kinda weird actually. You have a great repertoire consisting of Burgers, Pasta, Pizza, Chateaubriand, Chicken Kievs, Tex Mex Maybe even Goulash? and some other stuff. BUT, I bet very few have heard of Tex Mex or Chateaubriand or Goulash. Yet I bet most have heard of MacDonalds, and everytime you or a diner mentions burgers (i mean cooked on your expensive George Foreman Grill) you always seem to shy from it, or mildly put it down. In one thread you actually said "I have a George Foreman Grill but I will charge you 10 pounds per portion extra, and amazingly you go on to say 'Do you really need that"' ????? And the question sounded to me like someone was looking to book a table for a hot meal. Didnt it cross your mind that blandness was an important factor in the question. And is that the way you encourage diners to eat burgers in your restaurant.? Not exactkly good PR is it.

However, in this thread you really went for the jugular. Big deal if the guys small cafe advertises Michelin Quality Food (even though theres no such thing). what harm is he doing?. Basic bully boy tactic. How do you know hes not good at cooking? You also make a big deal that the quality of the food is down to the produce. Actually your kitchen doesnt excite me one bit. You have very few botique toys....... You come across as all big n corporate yet your hanging around forums where out of work chefs hang out and basically piss all over the food and the restaurants which I suppose you percieve as your competition. But way you bothered? Youve got diners coming from miles around. Why bother posting constant negativity? your not inspiring anyone. BTW, I have to mention. I cooked, prepard, served burgers that were eaten by the Royal Family. I prepared tem using Asda Savers Mince. A complete pile of crap you will agree. In your world budget food cant taste good, doesnt taste good. What do you have to say about that then?

Frankly im suprised that you get diners from miles away, and have the atmosphere you have. Personally I think your general attitude stinks and god help any chefs that get the life drained out of them after a weary cooking session with you. They will definitely pack it in and form a band..

My advice to you is try and INSPIRE. If theres youthful or even elderly wannabes here then surely a man with your experience could actually consider dishing out some inspiring advice. Go on, im sure that if you dig deep enough you could pull out some remnant of your optimistic youth and share some of the wisdom without a lecture.

really, your running rampant around here and making as much sense as this guy

someone has to set a balance when you post one of your heavily slanted and ill informed opinions. keep cool dude[/quote']

Im feeling hungry now!

All good stuff:

I keep running in to your posts. In EVERY one you are totally negative about EVERY aspect of the scene in Aberdeen. :

I do not know the Aberdeen scene and I don't think I made any comment about it. I do know that there are allot of good bands in Aberdeen.

Your the absaloute epitomy of DONT EVEN TRY.....DONT EVEN HOPE. :

The music business is built largely on dreams and quite honestly' date=' I believe that it is the easiest buiness in which to succeed massively. But you do have to tick all the boxes. So my message is, yes hope and dream, but also do this in the real World. There is no point in being unrealistic about what it takes to succeed - in music or anything else.

As for my comments on studios, when you are young, poor and inexperienced, it would not be my advice to open a studio. A great deal of work, hopes and dreams go into a studio and if the project is underfunded, undersized and the person running the studio has never actually worked in a full-time commercial studio, the whole thing would be doomed to failure.

I have just had to watch whilst some young man built a 24 IO studio and he poured his young family's (2 kids!) into that project. Every last penny. He did not have the funds to compete with anything well-established or large, he had no experience and ltlle idea what he was doing. The clowns at his local Enterprise Office (or whatever they call themselves) just told him to go for it and gave him a small pittance and a loan.

I told him not to do it. I shouted from the roof tops, but he said the same things that you are saying - why am I being so negative - why do I just put the whole thing down - and so on.

Well, you don't have to be bloody Casandra to know what happened. A year afterwards I got a letter from him, saying "Oh God. Why didn't I listen to what you were saying. Now we have lost everything and my wife has to live in a shelter with the children."

Would you have told him "Go for it, Dude!"? (Some friend, you would have been!)

IWHO THE WANTS TO TRAPES OUT IN THE COUNTRY TO RECORD.... where do you people get this idea that we need tranquility when recording. Shit man, I need a vibe when recording.

And there are studios geared just for you. London is full of them and many of them are just great.

Yet I bet most have heard of Pro Tools' date=' and everytime you or someone on teh board mentions Pro Tools (i mean your expensive HD3 system) you always seem to shy from it, or mildly put it down. In one thread you actually said "I have a PTHD3 system but I will charge you 100 pounds per day extra to use it,[/quote']

Because of the complexities of a large system, most engineers have their own system and prefer to use that. So studios usually have either a minimum system (24 IOs or thereabouts) or no system at all. We have a minimum system for editing, but if someone wants to use PT and ONLY PT (i.e. not track in Radar and then edit in PT) then we would have to hire in a very large system with 48 ins and outs and that costs money.

Because Pro Tools is extremely slow when used for tracking, most people use something else and then edit in PT and return to Radar, Fairlight, or whatever for mixing.

If you are tied to PT and need it for film work or AV work, then we can and do cover this and we do a good deal of film work and so often do hire in, but for rock and roll it does not make sense economically or artistically. 60% of all films made in Scotland are post-produced in Soundscape.

I produced/mixed/engineered a track that charted at number three in the UK charts. I mixed it using a Mackie SR24. A complete pile of crap you will agree. In your world budget gear cant work' date=' doesnt work. What do you have to say about that then?:[/quote']

Well done!

My advice to you is try and INSPIRE. If theres youthful or even elderly wannabes here then surely a man with your experience could actually consider dishing out some inspiring advice. Go on' date=' im sure that if you dig deep enough you could pull out some remnant of your optimistic youth and share some of the wisdom without a lecture.[/quote']

This business is full of slimey grinning fools making false promises just to get at your money or fuck you over in some way. They will pull you as far down that sewer of false hope as they can and then start asking for money. I prefer to stay realistic. That way, people know where they are and those who deal with me, deal with success more often.

Right now I have to go to judge a talent show and give away several days recording to the winner. I hope that is positive and optimistic enough for you!

Hey, and stop over for a beer or two when you are our way! You are welcome! I can tell you all my hairy war stories about the business, you'll enjoy it!

Nope Byre, sorry your just not tickling my ivories. Like you Ive had much experience in this industry which has been filled with all sorts of highs and lows. I understand your catious stance but your so catious you actually come across as very negative and un inspiring. Clearly you have much experience but on the other hand your dishing out what is supposed to be advise but is in fact your opinion which is full of dis- information. This has little to with pro tools Im talking about in general. I cant pick up on all your points but they really are not accurate at all.

Everything in life is a risk and there are no guarantees with any business. But that doesnt mean all studio duties should be left up to you. You gave that guy a good hammering. All hes doing is trying to make a living and he probably has a passion for what hes doing. What you said to him was just designed so that he would give up. That was not very fair at all.

And yes, I definitely will come by your facility some day as I reckon your in need of some inspiration yourself. :) OH, and why you havent cleaned up in this area. Your facility is undoubtedly the best kitted out. BTW, which convertors do you have for your PTs HD3 system?

Finally, I just want to say to any band looking to record in a studio. Check out the latest stuff they have recorded. If its crap you will get crap in return. Dont just think it will be different for you because your band is better. Check what comes out of these studios. If you like what you hear go and record there. And I cant emphasise the Engineer/Vibe enough. Its not just about equipment.......and if your band is crap no studio/engineer/vibe can fix that.

peace

Nope Byre' date=' sorry your just not tickling my ivories. Like you Ive had much experience in this industry which has been filled with all sorts of highs and lows.[/quote']

Why dont you share some of your experiences with us?

Clearly you have much experience but on the other hand your dishing out what is supposed to be advise but is in fact your opinion which is full of dis- information. This has little to with pro tools Im talking about in general. I cant pick up on all your points but they really are not accurate at all.

Advise by its nature must contain a good deal of opinion.

Everything in life is a risk and there are no guarantees with any business. But that doesnt mean all studio duties should be left up to you.

Nope....dont get that one....

You gave that guy a good hammering. All hes doing is trying to make a living and he probably has a passion for what hes doing. What you said to him was just designed so that he would give up. That was not very fair at all.

Were back to opinions here, what I see here is a different opinion, I have a bit of studio experience also and have seen reason to not be overly keen on pro-tools, I believe there is more user friendly software out there, and there are some reliability issues.

Finally, I just want to say to any band looking to record in a studio. Check out the latest stuff they have recorded. If its crap you will get crap in return. Dont just think it will be different for you because your band is better. Check what comes out of these studios. If you like what you hear go and record there. And I cant emphasise the Engineer/Vibe enough. Its not just about equipment.......and if your band is crap no studio/engineer/vibe can fix that.

A word of caution about the above advise, always listen to as many recordings from any given studio before choosing not to record there, the best studio in the world can produce shit from an awful band on a low budget, seek peoples opinion of a particular studio and be objective.

Why dont you share some of your experiences with us?

All you want to do is tear anything I have to say down so Im reluctant to spread the full CV heheh..... In a nutshell Ive produced a shitload of records. I dont say this for any kind of ego trip nonsense. If I were to list my experiences I would be writing this the same time tomorrow. One thing I can guarantee you will get an absaloute 100% honest opinion and or advice if I understand the subject matter. I dont spout my mouth off on everything and anything. If I dont know something I certainly wouldnt try and advise anyone on that subject.

An important point I think you should understand is that I have no commercial studio for hire, I dont work in one, I dont play in a band.....there is no alterior motive with me. DO you know what I mean?

Advise by its nature must contain a good deal of opinion

I agree, but not when the so called advise is actually full of ill informed data which is supposed to be accurate information. I suppose most advise would be called wisdom. But were not just talking about wisdom here are we.

(I Said)

Byre gave that guy a good hammering. All hes doing is trying to make a living and he probably has a passion for what hes doing. What you said to him was just designed so that he would give up. That was not very fair at all

(You said)

Were back to opinions here, what I see here is a different opinion, I have a bit of studio experience also and have seen reason to not be overly keen on pro-tools, I believe there is more user friendly software out there, and there are some reliability issues.

EH...."Opinions??" Its in plain black and white what Byre said to the small studio owner. He bullied that guy very heavily. You think thats fair do you ? The small studio owner has a studio because hes probably Passionate about music/recording. No one is going to get rich from a budget studio so it has to be for the love of music. Dont you think? Isnt th elove of music the reason we all get in to this in the first place?

So my advice isnt good huh. I made these points in a paragraph. I will make it easier to understand. This is for bands looking to book a studio.

1. Listen to demoes that have come out of the studio. If they are all crap then you will get crap. If so find another one. If you find one and SOME stuff is good, and some is bad YOU have to wonder was it the engineer or the band? well, if its the same engineer that recorded the good stuff then its almost certainly a bad band. No engineer can polish a turd...............Is that spelled out clear enough for you? Thats what I orginally said.

2. The engineer is crucial. I mention engineer AGAIN because this is very important. There are all sorts of engineers good and bad. Avoid the ones who run through the motions and have no flair for the craft. Its easy to learn how to basic engineer, its a wholly different matter to record a band successfully and hone in on that bands sweet spot. BUT, as always if a band is crap no engineer can make them sound good.

So, I think that advice above which I actually said before is pretty sound.... I could go on and list equipment to look out for, but I will still say its down to the engineer and his abilities as to how good a recording will be (and of course the bands playmanship/songs). One thing that that Byre and Myself will certain agree is on is that crap can be recorded in even the best of Audiophile studios. Obviously this could be a combination of bad engineer and crap band. But the band has to record somewhere and those simple guidelines are usually sufficient. Come on man thats what made me do my first recording in a studio many years ago (the engineer). His was undoubtedly the best studio engineer in Scotland. Not becasue the gear was the best but because the he was amazing and INSPIRING........ We heard some stuff from the studio and that was enough for us to decide. It aint brain surgery.

Peace

Everything in life is a risk and there are no guarantees with any business. But that doesnt mean all studio duties should be left up to you. You gave that guy a good hammering. All hes doing is trying to make a living and he probably has a passion for what hes doing. What you said to him was just designed so that he would give up. That was not very fair at all.

To be honest, I think he hammered him because of the way the guy was presenting himself - it's one thing to push the truth a little bit, but to claim that a tiny studio in Abyone has "all the same equipment as the top london studios" was pushing it a bit. His attitude when questioned was dodgy as well - especially as it's a forum for discussion, no?

Hello Byre,

what interfaces do you have for your HD3 system? Im genuiniely interested in this. I have a session I need to mix but require at least 16 analog outs, but preferably 24. Mixing in the box is not an option, it has to be through your fine console.

Come on sell your studio to me

:band:

always listen to as many recordings from any given studio before choosing not to record there' date=' the best studio in the world can produce shit from an awful band on a low budget, seek peoples opinion of a particular studio and be objective.[/quote']

And that is absolutely bang on the money!

Most bands spend what is for them a lot of money on their recording. Whether that be 100, 1000, or 10,000 (OK that last number is unlikely LOL). So like Graeme says, do your homework before spending your hard earned cash. Listen to other bands demos, talk to people that have recorded in various places, and perhaps even go and see the various studios and talk to the engineers. Ask the engineers to let you hear demos of what they consider to be their good stuff... then ask how much those cost. Or ask the engineer "Please let me hear an example of what we can get for xxx".

OK - let me point this out once more for posterity. Look at CAC's public profile:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/member.php?userid=5320

Virtually all of this posts have been on this thread. This time yesterday he had a total of 4 posts to his name and half of those were anti-Byre.

Look at the idiosynchratic phrasing' date=' use of UPPER CASE, terminology, grammer, punctuation, general layout, use of smilies, pacifying sign off, subject matter, and check out his various 'hot words'.

Note that he has a big hard-on for both Protools and Digidesign and budget gear.

He refers to the engineer as the producer. He goes on and on about how the producer needs to be inspirational blah blah.

Unusually he hasn't criticised the point on getting the same sound as the big London studios but instead negated it.

In his first sentence, of his first post on this site, there appears the cover story about being out of the country for several years.

He has a tendancy to brag about working with major acts etc then not back it up with hard detail.

Is it just me, or is this a half assed attempt at a second account? In a novel it would be described as having poor characterisation, meaning everyone spoke and acted like the same person - the author!

DOH![/quote']

it's not the same person.

How can you tell? If you check my account you'll see that I connect in from 3 different places all with different ISPs.

I can tell. I can see the email address he used to register as well as the IP details. CAC has only connected with one IP address which doesn't match the other user at all.

CAC, I get a little pissed off at anyone who comes on here and preaches at people and then tries to justify their somewhat dodgy advise with poorly diguised lies which is what I feel the guy in Aboyne did, I think The Byres comments can be a little heavy handed and overly opinionated at times but I cant really say very much about that as Im often the same, the thing is, he is quite open about what he has done and what he can do, you on the other hand appear a little secretive which doesnt encourage people to trust what you say, you appear to avoid saying anything which could reveal who you are, which kind of makes me agree with what Flash is saying..... wow me and flash agreeing about two things on the same thread, thats a first.

So I would suggest you reveal what you have done or who you are if you want any credability.

G...

CAC' date=' I get a little pissed off at anyone who comes on here and preaches at people and then tries to justify their somewhat dodgy advise with poorly diguised lies which is what I feel the guy in Aboyne did, I think The Byres comments can be a little heavy handed and overly opinionated at times but I cant really say very much about that as Im often the same, the thing is, he is quite open about what he has done and what he can do, you on the other hand appear a little secretive which doesnt encourage people to trust what you say, you appear to avoid saying anything which could reveal who you are, which kind of makes me agree with what Flash is saying..... wow me and flash agreeing about two things on the same thread, thats a first.

So I would suggest you reveal what you have done or who you are if you want any credability.

G...[/quote']

I understand and agree what your saying. I also think Byre is to opinionated. It would be cool if what he said was based on facts but from what I hav eread very little of it is. If He was posting this stuff at the PSW he would be laughed out o fthe forums within fiv eminutes.

As form my secrecy...Hmmm, Have I been secretive. I dont think I have. I have nothing to prove to anyone but in time I have no problem revealing my identity. Flash will know soon enough as I left my name with one of his colleagues at the Moorings.

I have nothing to hide and nothing to prove. If I actually came on here and listed everything I have done in this industry I would be laughed out of the forum for being a liar.....well look at Flash already. hes gone in to Sherlock mode..heheh,

Well, now for my next post

peace

OK - let me point this out once more for posterity. Look at CAC's public profile:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/member.php?userid=5320

Virtually all of this posts have been on this thread. This time yesterday he had a total of 4 posts to his name and half of those were anti-Byre.

Look at the idiosynchratic phrasing' date=' use of UPPER CASE, terminology, grammer, punctuation, general layout, use of smilies, pacifying sign off, subject matter, and check out his various 'hot words'.

Note that he has a big hard-on for both Protools and Digidesign and budget gear.

He refers to the engineer as the producer. He goes on and on about how the producer needs to be inspirational blah blah.

Unusually he hasn't criticised the point on getting the same sound as the big London studios but instead negated it.

In his first sentence, of his first post on this site, there appears the cover story about being out of the country for several years.

He has a tendancy to brag about working with major acts etc then not back it up with hard detail.

Is it just me, or is this a half assed attempt at a second account? In a novel it would be described as having poor characterisation, meaning everyone spoke and acted like the same person - the author!

DOH![/quote']

Flash,

After reading this I decided I should call you up for a friendly and civil word before this gets out of hand. I really dont trke kindly to be called a liar in any form. If theres anything I hate its liars....actually a pet peeve of mine. A chancer I most certainly am not.

Ive left my name with one of your work mates as you werent there. Check me out all you like. I have nothiong to prove to you or anyone else.

My reason for my first post isnt some sort of misdirection. I am in fact interested in hearing the best bands in Aberdeen. I have V good reason for this which you might be able to work out.

Your attempts at belittling my spelling and grammar is laughable. Its widely regarded as the lowest form of flaming in the internet. Get real. Im not writing a nobel peace prize novel. really who cares about the speeeling and Grummer and the But OthEr things heheh.

If you feel like giving me an apology that would be great. After all you have done nothing but belittle me and claim I am nothing more than a Liar.

And if you dont mind

Peace

PS: Its bad call to out someone publicly so dont do it.

Flash' date='

After reading this I decided I should call you up for a friendly and civil word before this gets out of hand. I really dont trke kindly to be called a liar in any form. If theres anything I hate its liars....actually a pet peeve of mine. A chancer I most certainly am not.

Ive left my name with one of your work mates as you werent there. Check me out all you like. I have nothiong to prove to you or anyone else.

My reason for my first post isnt some sort of misdirection. I am in fact interested in hearing the best bands in Aberdeen. I have V good reason for this which you might be able to work out.

Your attempts at belittling my spelling and grammar is laughable. Its widely regarded as the lowest form of flaming in the internet. Get real. Im not writing a nobel peace prize novel. really who cares about the speeeling and Grummer and the But OthEr things heheh.

If you feel like giving me an apology that would be great. After all you have done nothing but belittle me and claim I am nothing more than a Liar.

And if you dont mind

Peace

PS: Its bad call to out someone publicly so dont do it.[/quote']

CAC,

OK I am satisfied that you and Nathan are 2 entirely different people, although obviously this did come as a surprise! I have deleted and ammended my earlier posts to reflect this. My appologies to both Nathan and yourself - I've been a tit.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has quoted me would likewise delete my quotes so that I don't look a complete tit for all eternity.

CAC - For what it's worth, I wasn't belittling your spelling, grammer etc... IMO they just have amazing similarities to user 'oceanrockstudios' who appears a few pages back on this thread. You both phrase things the same way and use a lot of the same words. If you check that out, and then re-read my (now deleted) post in that context, it should appear less offensive.

These forums are interesting in that the people here regularily encounter each other in real life... and anonimity is a major cause of grief! As you have already discovered I am one of the people here that is publicly accountable. In that I can usually be traced and located in around 5 minutes. There are people frequenting here that resort to multiple accounts. On one thread 3 'people' ganged up on me, and they all turned out to be the same axe grinding cocksuker LMAO! That's why I am oversensitive to anyone posting anonymously under multple accounts.