aberdeen-music

65daysofstatic and youth move soundtrack strategies at moshulu

Graham

their myspace page!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! i knew 65dos were coming back! but youth movie soundtrack strategies just makes this the best thing ever!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Nope... the best gig ever (for discussion sake) was at SHIFT (amazing line up) in March when 65 days played in Scotland for the first time... Most missed it... stoopid F***s...

some of us were really cool and were at SHIFT and the ymss show at drakes. some of us meaning meeeeeeeeee

Proving that you and the rest of us that were at SHIFT are the only cool folk in town! Let that be a lesson to ye all that weren't

Be heaps of 'cool' folk at the Moshulu gig claiming that it was the best gig they have ever seen! In an overly enthusiastic OOOOOHHHH GOD kinda style... get my drift....

Bless em

:D

SHIFT was awesome in fact, i made a special effort to come along and see 65dos. you might have seen me, i was the short girl at the front :p I caught the band before them too...name escapes me but i remember that they were coming back up soonish and i'd rather like to see them if anyone can help me out with a name?

then again, the Tunnels gig was pretty fucking good too. Gutted i missed YMSS at Drakes though!

i got a negative scene point for my post in this thread with no name. show yer face! :nono:

Hmmmm

i am far to cool to comment' date=' having seen ymss @ drakes & booked 65days for their 1st two scottish dates..............woops.,

This is a great pairing, but is it in the right venue to bring out the best of both bands?[/quote']

Didn't think a big white tent would work, but... Hmmmmm... As I said most that will be there barely go to other venues so it will, to them be 'such a dream of a gig'...

And Mike you are such luuuush...

:D

This is a great pairing' date=' but is it in the right venue to bring out the best of both bands?[/quote']

Well, look at it from a different perspective - from a paying punter point of view, Moshulu is the most accessible, it's big, airy and the sound has been coming on considerably. But, from a band point of view, virtually every band that plays Moshulu will tell you how well they've been treated - for a start, there's no silly rules about bands not being allowed to get an alcohol rider in the venue, and there's the dressing rooms on top. I know some people will say "those things are superficial" - but from a band point of view, you might've had a long drive, and you just want to get to the venue and chill - something that only Moshulu and the Lemon Tree really offer these days.

As a venue, Moshulu's professionalism is second to none.

Didn't think a big white tent would work' date=' but... Hmmmmm... As I said most that will be there barely go to other venues so it will, to them be 'such a dream of a gig'...

And Mike you are such luuuush...

:D[/quote']

and you come out with soo much

sluuuush...

Naaatch

Well' date=' look at it from a different perspective - from a paying punter point of view, Moshulu is the most accessible, it's big, airy and the sound has been coming on considerably. But, from a band point of view, virtually every band that plays Moshulu will tell you how well they've been treated - for a start, there's no silly rules about bands not being allowed to get an alcohol rider in the venue, and there's the dressing rooms on top. I know some people will say "those things are superficial" - but from a band point of view, you might've had a long drive, and you just want to get to the venue and chill - something that only Moshulu and the Lemon Tree really offer these days.

As a venue, Moshulu's professionalism is second to none.[/quote']

Nothing unique in this I'm afraid... Not quite sure how the "accessible" reference works or has much to do with anything... As for professionalisim, most venues in Aberdeen are the same and that's why the majority of acts that come through this town hold it and the people as one of the nicest friendliest places to play! Moshulu not leading the way here at all but simply part of the big picture... Your second last point is bollocks by the way!!!!

:nono:

Nothing unique in this I'm afraid... Not quite sure how the "accessible" reference works or has much to do with anything... As for professionalisim' date=' most venues in Aberdeen are the same and that's why the majority of acts that come through this town hold it and the people as one of the nicest friendliest places to play! Moshulu not leading the way here at all but simply part of the big picture... Your second last point is bollocks by the way!!!!

:nono:[/quote']

Accessible, to me, meant that the venue is open and willing to cater to individual needs if they can - while willing to keep their hands off completely if that's what's wanted.

As for the point being bollocks - never played a gig where all you've wanted to do would be to sit back before you're on and drink a couple of beers? As far as I see it anyway, that's the fatal flaw with the tunnels - it's a good venue, I like it, but no dressing rooms and a ban upon giving bands alcohol as part of their rider is a bit..strange. Fair enough, they might want people to buy the alcohol from them, but paying the same price for it as the punters pay? bit extortionate considering most people are cutting costs to the bone to be able to put on gigs :\