aberdeen-music

Travis Drum Solo....

Aileen

Originally posted by Aileen:

Anyone else at the Blink gig last night....?

We were promised a drum solo

We did not get a drum solo

I demand a refund!!!!!!

(pretty good gig otherwise though)

That really must have ruined your night

his solos are whack anyway

WHAT?!!!!

he did a solo in manchester...it wasn't for very long mind you...maybe two minutes.

Was anyone else disappointed with the length of their set?

Guest WalkingOnGlass

I'm sorry, but what are you kids talking about? Travis was outstanding last night...the single most impressive performance I've ever witnessed by a drummer...I've seen Slipknot and Tool...He was amazing, simply amazing..

Blink could've played for longer, but the way you have to look at it is that, for the people who wanted to be their, the set was never gonna be long enough. I thought the gig was fucking awesome!

At the end of the day i think it does widely depend on who you prefer.

For example Michael Buble is one of the greatest singers on the face of the planet today, but if i was to compare him to some guy from funeral on a thursday or whatever on singing merit, i would probably quickly be told i was wrong and the emo guy was by far superior.

If you catch drift?

Originally posted by Ian-The-Bassist:

At the end of the day i think it does widely depend on who you prefer.

For example Michael Buble is one of the greatest singers on the face of the planet today, but if i was to compare him to some guy from funeral on a thursday or whatever on singing merit, i would probably quickly be told i was wrong and the emo guy was by far superior.

If you catch drift?

So you're saying that everyone has different musical tastes to some degree, and all opinions are subjective yet equally valid?

*entire Wasteland falls eerily silent and crumbles to dust*

Guest Scott 5FD

i thought it was excellent. not being a massive Blink fan, i was impressed with them live, altho i was hoping they'd play some more stuff from Dude Ranch and a bit longer.

Motion City Soundtrack were rocking aswell i thought, i fairly enjoyed them.

The Nervous Return were wank.

The nervous return were a heap of shit!! No good songs, no stage presence.

Motion City soundtrack were alot better than what i thought they were going to be like, and their keyboardist had some super moves.

Blink 182 were fucking incredible, i was in awwww the whole time. Travis was awesome, what the fuck are you guys on about? Joey from slipknot aint that great gumpy, sorry but it's a fact. Yeah the guy from tool is awesome but if you saw what travis was doing you would've been amazed! He played a small solo at the end but he kept saying to Mark that he'd play it later and to go onto the next song.

Would've been very nice if they had played some more of the older stuff but hey, i'm not complaining as it was amazing.

What the fuck's everyone on about 'Travis never got a solo!!!111!' we're you's even listening????

Just before they went of stage for the first time he ended one of the songs with at least a minute long drum solo - the only thing was that tom and mark we're makin' some noise with bass chords and guitar distortion - however i heard the solo - and it kicked ass.

On whole - The gig was pretty avarage, 2 support bands put on the bill to make it look like blink are moving in a new direction (or as ben and i agree'd - for the 'cool factor') neither of them tickling my fancy - although the Motion City Soundtrack seemed to get a decent enough reception!!!!!

Blink However - was worth the money just to see them. Their set was as tight as it's ever been, and they were all on fire. kinda got the feeling that a little bit of enthusiasm and crowd working was missing. The songs were all done beautifuly and some were rocked up to get the crowd going more. Stay together for the kids was amazing (I could have cried).... A bit miffed they never played Adam's Song, Carousell and only one song pre-enema. Also, as said they only played for a little over an hour, but what they did do was pure gold!!!!!!