aberdeen-music

Nightmare Before Christmas

Gumpy

Guest *alex*

I watched it once ages and ages ago..can't really remember much of it..

Why bring up Christmas at about the most non-christmas time of the year mr?

I think your emo is going to your head. tut tut.

Guest Page 99

It's not really that much of a cristmas film, but yeah anyway.

I personaly love the film, regardless of whether it's a cliche or not to do so. I just wish Disney hadn't cut out the bits which would have made it a higher rating...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i think it's just a massive cliche. The merchandise sucks too. It's an ok movie, and i've watched it about 10 times. but it's not that great.

I really like the film, looking forward to The Corpse Bride later this year. I'm fed up with seeing the Jack face everywhere though, it's on everything and it's like wearing a wee badge saying 'look at me, I'm slightly goth'.

Having said that I was considering going as Jack and Sally with my boyfriend for hallow'een.

Guest Cowboy Dan
I really like the film' date=' looking forward to The Corpse Bride later this year. I'm fed up with seeing the Jack face everywhere though, it's on everything and it's like wearing a wee badge saying 'look at me, I'm slightly goth'.

Having said that I was considering going as Jack and Sally with my boyfriend for hallow'een.[/quote']

You consider such things mid june?

is hallow'een not short for hallowed evening?

Not quite - it refers to the fact that the next day, November the 1st, is All Saint's day, which was also known as All Hallows day - the night before being All Hallows Evening - which eventually became shortened to All Hallows E'en, and then to Halloween.

All Saint's day is the feast day for all the saints of the catholic church who don't get one to themselves (I believe)

Regards

Flossie