aberdeen-music

Dv8

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Having heard the name mentioned on the Download thread, I thought I'd check these dudes out. What the fuck?

Little kids playing shoddy shoddy stuff. They played Download?! HOW?!

Having heard the name mentioned on the Download thread' date=' I thought I'd check these dudes out. What the fuck?

Little kids playing shoddy shoddy stuff. They played Download?! HOW?![/quote']

I think they played the Warped Tour in the US but i think the main reason, as they were one of the first bands mentioned on Virtual Festivals website was because they were supporting Bowling For Soup during there US tour and BFS might have recommended them.

They did seem well out place at Download but all power to them for actually getting up there and doing it, i sure as hell wouldn't do that at Kef let alone Download :(

They won a snickers sponsored battle of the bands type thing. They're unsigned.

From DV8 bio page

2003 was a rocking year for DV8. Playing with bands such as Simple Plan' date=' All American Rejects, Bowling For Soup, Home Grown, The Feds, GOB, Riddlin Kids, Wakefield, Slow Roosevelt, Leroy the Prophet, and Junior. To top it all off DV8 played The Ernie Ball Stage at Dallas Warped Tour and already have an invite back for more shows on Warped Tour in 2004. DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!! [/b']

For young kids they get about a bit :D

From DV8 bio page

2003 was a rocking year for DV8. Playing with bands such as Simple Plan' date=' All American Rejects, Bowling For Soup, Home Grown, The Feds, GOB, Riddlin Kids, Wakefield, Slow Roosevelt, Leroy the Prophet, and Junior. To top it all off DV8 played The Ernie Ball Stage at Dallas Warped Tour and already have an invite back for more shows on Warped Tour in 2004. DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!! [/b']

For young kids they get about a bit :D

I apologise. It was The Mascara Story that won the unsigned competition.

DV8 were awful.

Can anyone actually confirm how old they are?

The site isn't very helpful, but we seen them on the Main Stage and the bassist literally looked about 13/14 years old.

I like the way that on the site it makes it look like they had a great reception in the UK, when they got booed to fuck during and after their set at Download.