aberdeen-music

This WILL make you laugh, Feedback please

Drew DigiTek

I expected nothing but negative reviews as people on this site only aim to put people down, you can prove this due to the replies in this post, its a website about music correct ? so why is there no one saying something like "I did not like these bits, I liked these bits, maybe you should . . etc etc" they all turn round and say "shite" or "you suck dude" well you get the point.

No one is telling us what we need to build on, what they don't like, what they do like and so on, like real music listeners would do. constructive criticism and all that good stuff.

The song was done for comedy value to a guy thats been doing nothing but speaking shit ever since i beat him in the final of the aberdeen rap battle in snafu.

We wrote the rhymes in a matter of mins and was recorded in a matter of mins, not mastered, no time taken just a bit of fun, but all the narrow minded people on this site are not looking at it like that and are looknig at it like we're trying to be super stars and trying to enter the uk charts and so on.

You call me "unknow talent" in a post because you have not heard me before, because purly the fact your not into rap and there for pay no attention to your local or infact scttoish scene, just like me I'm not into rock or punk and so on and so I have never heard of any of the bands on this site . . . . does that make them shit and mean none of you can like them and they can't be liked in the local rock scene ? I think you'll find thats a NO

I do live almost everyweek in aberdeen, I have vinyl/cd and am on quite a few local and net radio stations which is more than most of the bands on this site

Its very amusing to me to read this, thats why a ask for more people to reply

Guest Page 99
I expected nothing but negative reviews as people on this site only aim to put people down' date=' you can prove this due to the replies in this post, its a website about music correct ? so why is there no one saying something like "I did not like these bits, I liked these bits, maybe you should . . etc etc" they all turn round and say "shite" or "you suck dude" well you get the point.

[/quote']

Heh, if there was actualy any bits within the song to like I think most people would have bothered to point them out. The simple fact is that the lyrical context is purile, and just makes you come across as a pair of twats. Taking the piss out of somthing is one thing, but what you guys were writing just sounds like a 14 year old who just got 'dissed'.

It just adds to the cliche that all rappers are violence loving wannabe gansters... not exactly a postive thing, nor a thing which would encourage 'moshers/punks/skaters' to even attempt to get into hip hop on a local level.

Page not found

The page you requested was not found on this web server. This could be for a variety of reasons, including:

You followed a broken or out-of-date link.

You entered the URL for the page incorrectly.

The page no longer exists.

If you followed a broken link, please inform the owner of the referring page.

If you have any queries about this error, please e-mail webmaster@this.domain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to www.ekizel.co.uk homepage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Powered by Zeus Web Server ]

pfft. and i was really looking forward to listening to that. :moody:

I expected nothing but negative reviews as people on this site only aim to put people down' date=' you can prove this due to the replies in this post, its a website about music correct ? so why is there no one saying something like "I did not like these bits, I liked these bits, maybe you should . . etc etc" they all turn round and say "shite" or "you suck dude" well you get the point.

No one is telling us what we need to build on, what they don't like, what they do like and so on, like real music listeners would do. constructive criticism and all that good stuff.

The song was done for comedy value to a guy thats been doing nothing but speaking shit ever since i beat him in the final of the aberdeen rap battle in snafu.

We wrote the rhymes in a matter of mins and was recorded in a matter of mins, not mastered, no time taken just a bit of fun, but all the narrow minded people on this site are not looking at it like that and are looknig at it like we're trying to be super stars and trying to enter the uk charts and so on.

You call me "unknow talent" in a post because you have not heard me before, because purly the fact your not into rap and there for pay no attention to your local or infact scttoish scene, just like me I'm not into rock or punk and so on and so I have never heard of any of the bands on this site . . . . does that make them shit and mean none of you can like them and they can't be liked in the local rock scene ? I think you'll find thats a NO

I do live almost everyweek in aberdeen, I have vinyl/cd and am on quite a few local and net radio stations which is more than most of the bands on this site

Its very amusing to me to read this, thats why a ask for more people to reply[/quote']

If the song was done for comedy value, why do you want musically constructive feedback?

But if you insist... I didn't like it because I don't like rap OR the accent.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the accents just sound shit in rap. this has nothing to do with 'representing', it just sounds like you're trying to sound like an aberdonian (why anyone would put this on is anybody's guess) for the record, i'm not into MCs with american accents and think that london/south of england accents sound awesome in hip hop and rap. the lyrics just plain suck but then they were improvised like you said. just because people don't like it, doesn't mean that they are musically small minded moshers. i don't own a single rap record but i still listen to it from time to time. hell, i wouldn't even call myself a fan of rapping generally, yet I would say i'm perfectly qualified to give you feed back. just don't 'diss' me if you don't like what i have to say.

why is there no one saying something like "I did not like these bits, I liked these bits, maybe you should . . etc etc"...No one is telling us what we need to build on, what they don't like, what they do like and so on, like real music listeners would do. constructive criticism and all that good stuff.

I didn't like anything about the track. It had no redeeming features, in my opinion. Why not record something that does you justice?

AKM