aberdeen-music

Stroszek

No it was most certainly not I would never be that obvious! Anyway my favorite band is Galaxie 500 & I've been listening to the Jesus & Mary Chain, Yo Le Tengo, Gang of Four & Magazine recently so we're not Joy Division copyists! OK! Seriously though the first song online (No More Exclusives) has a kind of JD thing going on but on average I don't think we sound like them. The second track is a kind of Couteau Twins/Durutti Column esque instrumental.

Sounds VERY like Joy Division. Has someone already said that?

I don't like drum machines either.

But it's still a pretty decent track, think this band could be worth watching out for. Better than the endless indie-schmindie or faux-metal nonsense that proliferates in Aberdeen.

AKM

Anyway my favorite band is Galaxie 500 & I've been listening to the Jesus & Mary Chain' date=' Yo Le Tengo, Gang of Four & Magazine recently so we're not Joy Division copyists! OK! Seriously though the first song online (No More Exclusives) has a kind of JD thing going on but on average I don't think we sound like them.[/quote']

Presumably you named the band after the film of the same name, and presumably you know Ian Curtis watched this film the night before he killed himself? This might lead to people associating you with them.

Why are the songs not available to download? My can't connection doesn't buffer them, so I can't listen to them, and I really want to because the bands you list are almost the exact same ones by band is influenced by!

Mr Pisshead...if you haven't heard the Only Ones' date=' give them a listen. I think you'll enjoy their stuff :up:

(I also like Galaxie 500 a lot, and have some connections with them, but I think I already told you that????).[/quote']

Definately. I know 'Another Girl, Another Planet' which is an absolute classic so its probaly time I checked out some of there other stuff. And I got your G500 message lucky you!

Presumably you named the band after the film of the same name' date=' and presumably you know Ian Curtis watched this film the night before he killed himself? This might lead to people associating you with them.

Why are the songs not available to download? My can't connection doesn't buffer them, so I can't listen to them, and I really want to because the bands you list are almost the exact same ones by band is influenced by![/quote']

Ok the songs are now available to download for now hope this is a good idea. As for the name we asked a lot of people who all said Stroszek it wasin't first choice by any means but we're happy with it. Never mind the JD thing cos we're not JD copyists but love or type of music www.myspace.com/stroszekuk .

As for the name we asked a lot of people who all said Stroszek it wasin't first choice by any means but we're happy with it. Never mind the JD thing cos we're not JD copyists but love or type of music www.myspace.com/stroszekuk .

I think I was a bit boozy when I wrote this. Does anyone know what the hell I was on about? This makes no sense to me! :help: I speak such utter crap when under the influence!