aberdeen-music

McCartney

kirkt

Anyone think his debut album is really underrated? Got some beautiful songs on it like Junk and Maybe I'm Amazed. Ram is a great album by him too with the likes of "The Back Seat of my Car"...I prefer it to any Lennon solo albums.

Got "All things must pass" double CD for a 1 the other day too...and that's better than all of them!

Anyone think his debut album is really underrated? Got some beautiful songs on it like Junk and Maybe I'm Amazed. Ram is a great album by him too with the likes of "The Back Seat of my Car"...I prefer it to any Lennon solo albums.

Never had you down as a McCartney fan, Kirk! Mind you, you probably never thought I was too!

His debut is indeed brilliant. Maybe I'm Amazed is one of my favourite songs ever and Junk was a Beatles song that never made it onto the White Album. That Would Be Something is a classic, too. Ram doesn't really float my boat - too many filler, knockabout tracks for my liking, but Back Seat of my Car is a brilliant song.

I have always felt like I was in the wrong for liking Paul more than John - but when you listen to the Lennon ALBUMS they're not that consistent or great. I mean his "greatest hits" albums are obviously fantastic, but I think McCartney's & Wings albums are better than Lennon & Plastic Ono Bands

There have been many fine solo albums from McCartney in addition to some ace Wings albums - I feel we should have a talk about this next time i see you, my Kirky friend!

McCartney is a really good album. It does have some really good White Album leftovers on it. Junk is a superb song and sends a shiver down my spine when I hear it.

Was never really a fan of Wings but they do have some good stuff. I always wonder how The Beatles would have faired in the 70's as a group??

All Things Must Pass is a really great album!!! That song acoustic is amazing!! Alot like While My Guitar Gently Weeps acoustic on Anthology III - That is incredibly powerfull!!

Good thread

Must admit not too keen on the McCartney album but Maybe I'm Amazed is one of the best songs he's written but I prefer the live versions.

I love Ram and Band On The Run and there's some great bits on Red Rose Speedway and Venus & Mars and hey I even liked Back To The Egg.

I agree about Lennon's solo stuff, Plastic Ono Band and Imagine apart it's very dissapointing and forme Macca did a reasonable job through the 70s. 80's and 90s were patchy but getting better of late and always an incredible live act (saw him in 1990 and 2003) and blown away.

Harrison was patchy after All Things Must Pass which was excellent although I don't like the 70s eveything but the kitchen sink production.

Ringo is actually a very pleasent album.

...but they were always better as a unit. :gringo:

Never had you down as a McCartney fan' date=' Kirk! Mind you, you probably never thought I was too!

His debut is indeed brilliant. Maybe I'm Amazed is one of my favourite songs ever and Junk was a Beatles song that never made it onto the White Album. That Would Be Something is a classic, too. Ram doesn't really float my boat - too many filler, knockabout tracks for my liking, but Back Seat of my Car is a brilliant song.

I have always felt like I was in the wrong for liking Paul more than John - but when you listen to the Lennon ALBUMS they're not that consistent or great. I mean his "greatest hits" albums are obviously fantastic, but I think McCartney's & Wings albums are better than Lennon & Plastic Ono Bands

There have been many fine solo albums from McCartney in addition to some ace Wings albums - I feel we should have a talk about this next time i see you, my Kirky friend![/quote']

I think we should indeed. Yeah Lennon has some great songs but wasn't as consistent. Imagine is the most overrated song ever. Don't get me wrong, I like Lennon but none of his songs really move me as much. I think its tragic "Imagine", a song which really doesn't mean a lot lyricaly was considered song of the millenium when "Back Seat of My Car" only just made it into the top 40. I haven't really heard much of Wings stuff to be honest. Any recommendations?

Of course, The Beatles couldn't be matched as a unit. Flaming Pie is a good album as well.

Guest DustyDeviada

Of course Wings were the band the Beatles could have been.

And don't forget, if you play Maybe I'm Amazed bacwards you get a recipe for a really ripping lentil soup.

I think we should indeed. Yeah Lennon has some great songs but wasn't as consistent. Imagine is the most overrated song ever. Don't get me wrong' date=' I like Lennon but none of his songs really move me as much. I think its tragic "Imagine", a song which really doesn't mean a lot lyricaly was considered song of the millenium when "Back Seat of My Car" only just made it into the top 40. I haven't really heard much of Wings stuff to be honest. Any recommendations?

Of course, The Beatles couldn't be matched as a unit. Flaming Pie is a good album as well.[/quote']

Wings, all the stuff mentioned in this thread...the early to mid 70s stuff apart from Wildlife. Band On The Run, Red Rose Speedway and Venus & Mars basically.