aberdeen-music

You Bitches Enjoy Download Then?

Mouse

Man what an incredible weekend. Only downsides were SOAD not doing an encore (though respectable because they played over the time limit and Nightwish were late), lots of dust clouds, cold weather(was bloody roasting the last 2 years) and the usual rediculous prices for food.

Black Sabbath were by far the best. Hand on my heart one of the best bands I've ever seen, it was honestly out of this world. Slipknot were on fire and had the whole main stage jumping. Saw Slayer for the third time and this was their best performance, the pits were nuts! In Flames had the whole Snickers tent jumping too. SOAD, just ace! Society 1 broke a world record with their vocalist hanging from meat hooks for the whole set list, sick but interesting to see. Anthrax/Megadeth/Lordi/Killswitch Engage/Papa Roach/Mastodon/Velvet Revolver all put on a great show. Can't wait for next year. Photos will be posted within a week.

Random funny things were this fat guy in front of us with his ass crack showing, lots of boobies on the main screen, along with the pictures too. Aftershock tent was crazy and the general atmosphere was great as always. Blown 500 in 5 days lol :rockon:

Yipe was an amazing weekend indeed highlights being:-

1. Seeing SLAYER for the 10th time :rockon::rockon::rockon:

2. Nightwish playing only 4 songs but were fuckin' amazing and worth the wait ( the wait also meant i could catch the first 3 songs of Lacuna Coil then catch SLAYER's set :D

3. Napalm Death, Raging Speedhorn & Paradise Lost finishing the Friday off in style in the Napster tent.

4. Send More Paramedics in the Snickers tent poor sound but flippin' great performance.

5. 3 Inches of Blood on the Napster stage.

I agree with you about Black Sabbath being one of the greatest live bands but i dont think they were as good as previous years.

And finally FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND what the hell was all the fuss about, there not exactly a large pull like Metallica, Slayer, Machine Head so why the need for the carry on :moody:

It was really hard to get in the tent for Napalm Death. One good thing about the festival is they definately suceeded in making it a hell of a lot better organised than last year

The trick was to be there for Paradise Lost & Raging Speedhorn beforehand :D

Me and the girlfriend were second from the front for most of it :rockon:

AAAArrghh I wanted to go but couldn't :( Someone please tell me what Megadeth played?

Roughly:

Blackmail the Universe,

Skin O' My Teeth,

Holy Wars,

Wake Up Dead,

Trust,

She Wolf,

Some others off the new album that I can't remember the names of.

But yeah, they were very good, was just a shame I ended up so far back after being at Apocalyptica/buying food and so on. Some people complained of their lack of crowd interaction, but that's just Megadeth, he doesn't feel the need to do that stuff when their songs have so much to say in themselves.......or something!

Shut up Kev.

And on the subject of the thread:

Motorhead, in my eyes, were the best band of the festival by miles, closely followed by Anthrax, The Dwarves, Paradise Lost, As I Lay Dying, Shadows Fall, plus the obvious ones (Sabbath, Slayer, Megadeth etc).

Worst band would have to go to DV8- they were awful, but they didn't deserve the amount of abuse they got (bottles on the stage all the way through the set, booed off the stage etc). It was also a novelty to see them on the Main Stage, considering they all looked about fourteen (literally), they'd have been much more suited to the Napster Stage I think. The vocalist also pissed me off.

"So, do any of you like alcoholic beverages?"

Fuck off.

Roughly:

Blackmail the Universe' date='

Skin O' My Teeth,

Holy Wars,

Wake Up Dead,

Trust,

She Wolf,

Some others off the new album that I can't remember the names of.

But yeah, they were very good, was just a shame I ended up so far back after being at Apocalyptica/buying food and so on. Some people complained of their lack of crowd interaction, but that's just Megadeth, he doesn't feel the need to do that stuff when their songs have so much to say in themselves.......or something!

Shut up Kev.[/quote']

Die Dead Enough

The Scorpian

set the world afire

they didnt play she wolf did they?

I cant believe no one remembered Megadeth playing IN MY DARKEST HOUR :rockon:

My first three bands on the friday were Flogging Molly, Fozzy and Lordi :rockon: and i wouldn't miss any of them for Queen Adreena as there something about her that just grates with me.

Maybe seeing them i would enjoy them but it's building up the courage to go is the problem :O

Maybe seeing them i would enjoy them but it's building up the courage to go is the problem :O

Well worth going to see live at least once. They really come into their own as a live band in my opinion although perhaps a festival wouldn't be the ideal time to see them.

Glad to hear that basically everyone had a blast - did the Retro Rebels stand do well Rob?