aberdeen-music

Bass Guitar Pickups

Hey, I'm thinking about changing the pickups on one of my bass guitars. Its nothing fancy, just an Ibanzez Soundgear basic model. Im trying to go for the Duff McKagan sound. Can anyone recommend good pickups for this sort of sound? Also, I assume R&B and Bruce Millers can install pickups for me, I've never really been into the technical side of guitars. Anyone know how much they charge for this?

Any links etc etc would be much appreciated :)

Cheers.

duff uses 1980s japanese fender jazz specials with seymour duncan pickups in them. i bought one about a month back with EMGs and it does have a pretty special tone to it but i think more than anything, it's the jazz pickup that does it. what kind of pickups does your beast have already?

/x

To be honest I don't actualy know what pickups my Soundgear has. I bought it purely as a 'backup' guitar and I hardly ever use it. I just thought it would be nice to modify it a wee bit. Im assuming they are not top of the range hehe.

In fact, youve got me wondering hehe, Im away to try and find the specs on it online.

dude, that bass is perfect for the duff mckagan seymour duncan setup.

if you're not fancying spending that much tho, i can very very very highly recommend getting some pickups by a guy called kent armstrong (www.kentarmstrong.com). his pickups are really solid, pretty reasonably priced and the replacement jazz pickup i bought from him has an outstanding sound.

but the mckagan sound is definately within reach!

/x