aberdeen-music

LIve 8

Guest onlynik

Guest onlynik
Most likely they'll just all be removed by the powers that be at Ebay...

I'd rather sell my ticket than go most likely but I don't think I could do it - ripping off a charity basically?

Pretty low.

But if the tickets are free how can it be ripping off charity.

Guest onlynik
how can people be selling them on eBay when the winners aren't notified until Thursday?

People are being notified from today until Wednesday. Postal entries will be notified by THursday.

Seemingly Ebay have an agreement with Live8 not to allow tickets to be sold' date=' so any that are put up are being ripped down as soon as they're spotted.[/quote']

Not true, here is the official stance.

We wanted to let you know that we will be permitting the sale of LIVE 8 concert tickets on eBay.co.uk. As we do not wish to profit from this event, we have offered to make a donation to the LIVE 8 charity at least equivalent to the fees we collect from the sale of LIVE 8 tickets.

We are allowing the sale of tickets because we believe that people can make up their own minds about what they buy and sell. The reselling of charity concert tickets is not illegal under English law and eBay believes it is a fundamental right for someone to be able to sell something that is theirs whether they paid for it or won it in a competition.

Regards,

The eBay.co.uk Team

Which is fair enough, I'm against the touting of ANY tickets on ebay for ridiculous prices, and I seriously don't think half the people who texted into this like sheep gave two shits what it was for. The concert is costing 1.5 million to produce, why did they need the concert? Why not just have everyone text in, donate the money, and thats that?!

1.5 million would give africa more than a couple of new fresh water wells I would imagine....

The concert is costing 1.5 million to produce' date=' why did they need the concert? Why not just have everyone text in, donate the money, and thats that?!

1.5 million would give africa more than a couple of new fresh water wells I would imagine....[/quote']

It's not about raising money though. They're not looking for donations, other than to cover the costs. The point is to raise awareness about debt relief so that more pressure is put on Governments by their citizens, who will now realise how shocking the situation is. That would do far more good. We're talking about billions. That's a shitload more than they would ever raise by donations.

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whatwewant/debt.shtml