aberdeen-music

Albums From 1993

Time Machine

Round at a mate's at the weekend, we were all blethering about music as per usual, i.e. 'Favourite Stones record' etc etc, (same old, same old!) and we eventually got on to talking about albums from the 90s, and I discovered that (I think) the only record in my fairly extensive collection that was released in 1993 is Blur's 'Modern Life Is Rubbish' (my only Blur album). Was there a dearth of great music in this particular year, or was the world just preparing itself for the release of Definitely Maybe and other great records?

I was twice your age...

Some part of me wishes it was still 1993. Staying up all night watching The Word and Noisy Mothers' date=' getting called a "long haired smelly cunt" every two minutes at school, failing exams...bliss.[/quote']

Ah teenage trauma, in 2 weeks I'll no longer be allowed to indulge in that...... :down:

But 1993, nothing happened (on a global scale that is. I went to Wales :D ). No World Cup, no war (other than the Bosnian War, whose great events happened the year before), and no youth movement

No youth movement? Are you sure?! 1993 was classic 'Living and Growing' time for us Primary 6-ers! I was part of a rebel faction of my class which protested at having to explain to the rest of the class about the female menstrual cycle! We weren't having any of that! That was Martin and Marsali's job! Haha! :D

No youth movement? Are you sure?! 1993 was classic 'Living and Growing' time for us Primary 6-ers! I was part of a rebel faction of my class which protested at having to explain to the rest of the class about the female menstrual cycle!

That is a big ask. I reckon my sister was probably in your class. I'm sure the girls were just as embarrassed as you were

And what about that Stone Roses comp with One Love and Something's Burning on it? 1992?

This is weirdly accurate' date=' Time Machine. I have "Gold Against the Soul", er...I think "Sister" by Sonic Youth perhaps, maybe even "Wowee Zowee" by Pavement. But nothing else![/quote']

Sister was released 1987, Sonic Youth released "dirty" in '92 and "experimental..." in '94 nothing in '93.

Wowee Zowee was '95. They didin't release anything in '93 either.

The year certainly would have been a lot better if those albums had been released.

Sister was released 1987' date=' Sonic Youth released "dirty" in '92 and "experimental..." in '94 nothing in '93.

Wowee Zowee was '95. They didin't release anything in '93 either.

The year certainly would have been a lot better if those albums had been released.[/quote']

And if Gold Against the Soul wasn't. :cheers: But seriously all that i own from 1993 are the aforementioned album, In Utero, Siamese Dream and Republic. Two of which are good none of which are great.

Ooh, i found this - http://www.entertainment.inuk.com/year/nineties/1993/albums93.html

I own 3 of them.

If you too are stuck in the early nineties then you may wish to go:

Here -> http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?p=383976#post383976

Then you're surely missing two CDs from your complete collection? Actually, that means I have CDs that Ross doesn't - not possible surely!

I am indeed 90's orientated, and would love a few of them tees, but am moving house at the mo', so less is more......(actually, less is less - hassle that is..)