aberdeen-music

friday night

The Ghost Of Fudge

with a trembelling air of anticipation, it is my pleasure and indeed honour to introducte to you the three fabulous acts who will christen the tunnels with fudge love this friday night.

LIVE ONSTAGE IN A WHIRLWIND OF TALENT AND RIFFS!

FRIDAY 17th JUNE (this friday) @ THE TUNNELS (beneath the marks and spencers plaza thing)

OPEN AIR!

old school riffage. crushing melody. crunching sounds. in the vein of metallica, the most awesome metal beast to ever walk upon the face of the earth (perhaps). we'll be shutting shit down around 11pm, so you can make even more of your night!

JACK DANIELS AND THE COKES!

last time, they didn't turn up. they were sooooooo drunk that they'd woken up in cambodia the day of the gig, and din't know how to get back to aberdeen before night fall. rock covers! blues covers! delivered with style, finess, and self-depreciating wit.

WITHIN THESE WALLS!

hard to believe, but i don't think i've ever seen them. but i'm sure they must be ace. i believe they love the riff too. as doors open at 8pm, you could expect them onstage around about half and hour later.

plus: THE KRAKEN DJ DUO!

bri and craig fudge, tag-team styleee, laying down wax with a competive edge. ie, "ahh, nice one... right, i'll see your KILLS and rasie you... the TEMPTATIONS!" "temptations, eh? right then. i'm taking it up a gear, have some... GUNS N ROSES!" "hmm, ok, how about some... ELECTRIC EEL SHOCK, beat that" "follow this then... BLAAAACK AAAATOM!"

you'll love the ecclectic dj riot.... :)

all for 3.50, starts at 8

friday night

tunnels

message ends

Open Air are a 4 piece rock band from Portlethen, playing music in the vain of Metallica's black album. Bringing a hard edged, raw, crisp, heavy, yet melodic sound to your ears.

the official OPEN AIR site lives here:

http://www.openairmusic.moonfruit.com/

Within These Walls are a 3 piece band who hover around the rock/grunge genres. They blend styles to create their unique sound which can be both fast and heavy as well as slow and melodic...but always with their own style showing through........

the official WITHIN THESE WALLS site may be located at:

http://www.withinthesewalls.cjb.net/

(I want my bells!)

I know someone who'd ring your bell but you already turned him down.

Heartless fiend ;)

I might come and try and catch Withinthesewalls tomorrow as I've yet to see them and the Kraken DJing is always of an extremely high standard - Tenessee Kait anyone? :D

I know someone who'd ring your bell but you already turned him down.

Heartless fiend ;)

I might come and try and catch Withinthesewalls tomorrow as I've yet to see them and the Kraken DJing is always of an extremely high standard - Tenessee Kait anyone? :D

You should do! And say hi you bint! And he got his own back by giving me a negative scene point for turning him down. Come along and see WTW AND Open Air :p

psydoll' date=' take some cd's if you wish to join in the fun with craig. i can't get anyone to do the door, so i can't dj :( fucking booo.[/quote']

Away to nip and have a shower now and should bring down CDs - I'll easy jump on the door for a while if you like most likely :)

hey, thanks to the bands etc. and all who came along :)

we instigated a recommencement of fudgefrenzy voting last night. those who used to go to fudgefrenzy in triple kirks (two metal bands playing with two indie bands every month) will recall the random interband voting and boo-ing and cheer-ing that went on...

LAST NIGHT'S WINNER: by two marks, WITHIN THESE WALLS!

you all said i'd hate them, but i was pleasently (sp?) suprised.

they're not shite after all! could do with jumping around a bt more though

Cheers for having us! I am glad you didn't think we were shite. Jumping around more? Thats something we'll have to work on when we play more gigs...this was the 3rd gig with the new songs and I think we're getting better each time. If you ever need a band to play we'll be up for it.

Also must say the tunnels is a cracking venue. Looks great inside and sounds good. Def. going to more gigs there.

I got the prize though since all 3 members decided to bugger off!

Craig seems to think that i have to hand it over and not keep it since "it's not rightfully" mine but i say fuck him, he didn't even bother to stay for Open Air! He also claims it's HIS prize, not the bands so i am therefore keeping it to prevent any wars :D

All for the best.

I got the prize though since all 3 members decided to bugger off!

Craig seems to think that i have to hand it over and not keep it since "it's not rightfully" mine but i say fuck him' date=' he didn't even bother to stay for Open Air! He also claims it's HIS prize, not the bands so i am therefore keeping it to prevent any wars :D

All for the best.[/quote']

I was on the phone to get a lift, hence being outside and up the road to get reception...I didn't even know there was gonig to be a vote! Craig didn't really bugger off he had to take the amplifier back...felt a bit rude when I found out...I just didn't know it was happening.

So when are we getting it from you Rach? The withinthesewalls scrap book is needing an addition for this gig.