aberdeen-music

Howard Alias, Sonic Boom Six, Grown at Home and Onion Terror @ Moorings

GFN? Collective presents...

Howard Alias (Household Name Records), Intelligent ska-punk with hints of emo http://www.householdnamerecords.co.uk/releases/haus070.php

Sonic Boom Six (Moonska Records), Punk, reggae, rap and drum 'n'bass, in my opinion, one of the 3 best punk acts in the UK today http://www.ska2.com/sb6/

Grown at Home Rising 7 piece ska-core from Midlands www.grownathome.com

Onion Terror Local rocked up ska-rap jazzers

@ Moorings Bar, Aberdeen

Saturday 2nd July 2005

8pm- 12am, 6, over 14s welcome

If I do say so myself, this looks to be one of the best punk/ska bills you'll see in Aberdeen all year

• 2 weeks later...

i can't wait till this one .....this is going to be such an awesome gig i mean howards alias sonic boom six and grown at home with extra support of onion terror ....this gonna AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been waiting sooooo long for this gig and now its only four days away!!!!! i can't wait

I'll be there for sure. Howards alias were damn good when they played kef last year' date=' was last year wasn't it? What i've heard from sonic boom six i have been mighty impressed aswell.[/quote']

I don't know if they played last year, but they did play on february 1st this year. :)

Anyways it was an amazing gig. Crowd was a bit disapointing for such a great bill as well. I think its tragic I can put on 4 average local bands with minimum promotion and get over 100 people but when 3 great touring bands play, and I promote it as hard as any gig I've booked, the crowd isn't great. Anyways it seems everyone in attendence enjoyed themselves...Amy owned the stage singing with Sonic Boom Six! I still stand by Sonic Boom Six are the 2nd best punk act in the UK right now...

i'll be the guy with a black howards alias t-shirt and the guy who will know like all their songs

Hello. I has the short black haired guy with solabeat alliance t-shirt on. Nice singing. :cheers:

Amazing gig!! Even finished with 'song for a friend' - legendry.

Grown at home - aceness, not sure about the american accent singing - nut they may yet fill the void left by solabeat alliance

sb6 - wow. ace.

howards alias - pure quality.

Really enjoyed that gig, even onion terror was a pleasent suprise.

Grown at home were ok, was talking to one of the guys from the band and he was telling me how he can't actually believe they were touring with howards alias. Just hope he still has that enthusiasm in a few years time.

Sonic Boom Six were quite simply superb. Their mixing of various genres was damn entertaining. Will be buying an album as soon as i get round to it. Amy, or should i say emu? was mighty impressive on that last song.

Howards Alias. well they were amazing, the singer has such a powerful voice. Kinda wish i was heading down to Edinburgh tonight to catch them all again.

Anyways it was an amazing gig. Crowd was a bit disapointing for such a great bill as well. I think its tragic I can put on 4 average local bands with minimum promotion and get over 100 people but when 3 great touring bands play' date=' and I promote it as hard as any gig I've booked, the crowd isn't great. Anyways it seems everyone in attendence enjoyed themselves...Amy owned the stage singing with Sonic Boom Six! I still stand by Sonic Boom Six are the 2nd best punk act in the UK right now...[/quote']

Err Kirk - I suspect that (contrary to the Boo Poll) Live 8 had a lot to do with the turn out. A gig like that would have normally pulled a capacity crowd.

Thoroughly enjoyed all the bands though. Mark did a fantastic job with Grown at home, given there were 2 trumpets, a trombone and 2 vocals and he was working with unfamiliar monitors. I was expecting Howard Alias and Sonic Boom Six to be quality and they both certainly were and that shone through. But the bonus was how good Grown at Home were. Onion Terror also gave possibly their best Moorings performance.

Err Kirk - I suspect that (contrary to the Boo Poll) Live 8 had a lot to do with the turn out. A gig like that would have normally pulled a capacity crowd.

Thoroughly enjoyed all the bands though. Mark did a fantastic job with Grown at home' date=' given there were 2 trumpets, a trombone and 2 vocals and he was working with unfamiliar monitors. I was expecting Howard Alias and Sonic Boom Six to be quality and they both certainly were and that shone through. But the bonus was how good Grown at Home were. Onion Terror also gave possibly their best Moorings performance.[/quote']

if mark is the sound guy - then well done to him - the sound was brilliant :D

Really good gig.

Onion Terror - i wasn't a massive fan of. they were ok, a nice fun band anyway.

Grown At Home - didn't like. don't exactly know why, i just didn't like them very much.

Sonic Boom Six - awesome. realised how much i like them tonight. fantastic stuff.

Howards Alias - Absolutely amazing. Never fail to impress, was blown away again by them last night.

First time at the Moorings also, thought it was quite cool. Only slightly annoying thing about the gig was the amount of time between bands, especially before Grown at Home. Seemed to take ages, but I suppose these things can't be helped.

Really good gig.

First time at the Moorings also' date=' thought it was quite cool. Only slightly annoying thing about the gig was the amount of time between bands, especially before Grown at Home. Seemed to take ages, but I suppose these things can't be helped.[/quote']

There was a lot of mics and equipment to set up before Grown at Home...setting up for a 7 piece band can't be easy!