aberdeen-music

The Needles need your Assistance!!!

saf-one

Need a MASSIVE favor from you ALL !!!

The Needles are billed

to play most of the major festivals over the summer (t in the park etc)

But! The promoters haven't guaranteed there place yet as they haven't

had any releases out this year so to get round this the band are

involved in this download comp. Meaning if the band get enough

interest on the downloads they'll be guaranteed to play them all!!

If you can PLEASE hit the link below and buy one of the Needles

downloads (for a bargain at 89p each!!) and forward this post to all your friends.

Thank you if you take the time to do this and Thanks for the support!

http://www.karmadownload.com/specialpromo/?Rock/Alternative

PS if we're sucessfull there'll be a party thorwn with free booze for all! :cheers:

Need a MASSIVE favor from you ALL !!!

The Needles are billed

to play most of the major festivals over the summer (t in the park etc)

But! The promoters haven't guaranteed there place yet as they haven't

had any releases out this year so to get round this the band are

involved in this download comp. Meaning if the band get enough

interest on the downloads they'll be guaranteed to play them all!!

If you can PLEASE hit the link below and buy one of the Needles

downloads (for a bargain at 89p each!!) and forward this post to all your friends.

Thank you if you take the time to do this and Thanks for the support!

http://www.karmadownload.com/specialpromo/?Rock/Alternative

PS if we're sucessfull there'll be a party thorwn with free booze for all! :cheers:

1. Who are you?

2. What's your connection to the Needles?

3. T in the Park isn't listed as one of the five festivals.

4. If they're "billed" they must already be booked, cos they're on the "bill".

5. Strange how the original 10 bands have become 21, isn't it? Not that I'd suggest it was any kind of scam.

6. I see you joined these boards just a few hours before posting this.

7. Okay, it's a fair cop, I'm suggesting it's a scam.

1. Who are you?

2. What's your connection to the Needles?

3. T in the Park isn't listed as one of the five festivals.

4. If they're "billed" they must already be booked' date=' cos they're on the "bill".

5. Strange how the original 10 bands have become 21, isn't it? Not that I'd suggest it was any kind of scam.

6. I see you joined these boards just a few hours before posting this.

7. Okay, it's a fair cop, I'm suggesting it's a scam.[/quote']

Yeah, my initial thought was that it looked like a scam. But I just phoned Dave and he knew a bit although not very much about it. The band themselves haven't 'arranged' this, but it seems someone involved with them did, and it is (as far as he knows) a real thing.

I guess the person who posted the message is this person, who is most probably someone in either Glasgow or Cornwall. Hence the reason they only just signed up as, prior to wanting to post this information/request, they presumably had nothing to contribute or learn from such a message board, not living in Aberdeen or having interest/awareness in/of topics such as My Mind's Weapon and Del Franklin's arse etc.

a) they think they are too famous to post on message boards

That's a remarkably insightful and perceptive comment. I was hearing about a committee meeting they had only the other week, in which they arrived at an agreement over their collective subjective famousness, and decided that the level was such that they could no longer post on message boards. Any band member caught doing so would thereby be found guilty of lowering the band's collective impression of famousness, and thrown out as a result. Further, they blame their repeated failure to appear in Heat magazine on internet message boards.

1. Who are you? Scott

2. What's your connection to the Needles. Promoter

3. T in the Park isn't listed as one of the five festivals. I know but its a gig we'll get to play if sucessfull

4. If they're "billed" they must already be booked, cos they're on the "bill". Ok bad choice of words.

5. Strange how the original 10 bands have become 21, isn't it? Not that I'd suggest it was any kind of scam. Its not a scam.

6. I see you joined these boards just a few hours before posting this. Yes because as much as id like to be on this discussion fourm i don't have a computer at work and have little time at home.

7. Okay, it's a fair cop, I'm suggesting it's a scam. Its honestly not.

Sorry if this has rattled peoples cages or something by posting this but im just trying to do my best for the band.

1. Who are you? Scott

3. T in the Park isn't listed as one of the five festivals. I know but its a gig we'll get to play if sucessfull

4. If they're "billed" they must already be booked' date=' cos they're on the "bill". Ok bad choice of words.

5. Strange how the original 10 bands have become 21, isn't it? Not that I'd suggest it was any kind of scam. Its not a scam.

6. I see you joined these boards just a few hours before posting this. Yes because as much as id like to be on this discussion fourm i don't have a computer at work and have little time at home.

7. Okay, it's a fair cop, I'm suggesting it's a scam. Its honestly not.

Sorry if this has rattled peoples cages or something by posting this but im just trying to do my best for the band.[/quote']

PS IM from Aberdeen not Weegieland or Cornwall

1. Who are you? Scott

Typical sign of a scammer, joining up and their first post is somehow concerned with people parting with cash. plus the facts gleaned from other websites didn't correlate fully with what you said so I thought I'd put the mockers on it until someone contacted the band.

Curious about the promoter thing, how does that work, or do you mean you're just a random promoter trying to do the Needles some good (if you are, and you live in this village, why don't I know you?).

Typical sign of a scammer' date=' joining up and their first post is somehow concerned with people parting with cash. plus the facts gleaned from other websites didn't correlate fully with what you said so I thought I'd put the mockers on it until someone contacted the band.

Curious about the promoter thing, how does that work, or do you mean you're just a random promoter trying to do the Needles some good (if you are, and you live in this village, why don't I know you?).[/quote']

Hopefully you will get to know me. I've been friends with the band for years and have helped them out on many an occasion with tours and the like.

Im a local lad and am now working with the Needles pretty much FT now on getting them gigs, promotion and genrally helping to get there name out there as best i can in conjunction with there publishers.

I swear im not a scammer as i have nothing to gain out of this other than getting the boys some decent gigs over the summer.

That's a remarkably insightful and perceptive comment. I was hearing about a committee meeting they had only the other week' date=' in which they arrived at an agreement over their collective subjective famousness, and decided that the level was such that they could no longer post on message boards. Any band member caught doing so would thereby be found guilty of lowering the band's collective impression of famousness, and thrown out as a result. Further, they blame their repeated failure to appear in Heat magazine on internet message boards.[/quote']

Best reply to any thread ever! :D