aberdeen-music

XY:XX - Give us a listen

N.M

Guest Page 99

I like it, but I do think you need somthing to put over the part where there is only a drum beat, okay I know the noise piece filters in, but a keyboard/synth part wouldn't go a miss just to reduce the hollowness of the sound at that particular section. I've probibly told you all this before but hey.

Guest AmbientMood

Theres nothing remotely musical about it, it just sounds like crappy grinding noises. Things looked better when the beat started, but it didn't progress and just made the track even more abrasive.

There just isn't anything even slightly thoughtful about it. If the drums were developed then it might have point, but right now it just seems pointless.

Like I said before, the track isn't actually finished, I just wondered what people's opinion on it would be so far. Not really the best plan I've ever had, but I guess I've put up worse (if you were unfortunate enough to hear the recordings of the early Evac songs I put up, you'll probably agree with me).

Chances are I'll have a crack at trying to get a completed version up, while keeping in mind the comments that have been made already.

Like I said before, any feedback given is greatly appreciated, and I thank those who have already commented for giving their opinion.

I can kinda see where you're going with this I think and I'll be interested to hear the finished version - reminds me of some of the general Warp/Autechre end of my collection. As it's a work in progress it seems a bit silly to give pointers on what I think it should sound like but I'd say you're on the right track :)

interesting, its a very cool sound, i've been doing some solo stuff using cubase, hammerhead and all the likes as well, i really like the disonant beat u comprise from all the staticy samples it reminds me a bit of aphex twin which is awesome, i would say keep with it, maybe add some mellower sounds, although i do like the harsh tone u need something to juxstapose with it otherwise it does become a bit of an ear bleeder, but i will be interested to see some more of your stuff if u get round to posting it :)